PlayStation Official PS | PS Studios Megathread, v.4

If PS5 Pro grapevine proves real, will you be upgrading in 2024?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Insomniac leak pretty much let everyone know this was coming. Very unfortunate what's happening in the industry right now.

New firmware

Neat. I really got to fire up my PS3 again one of these days, I’ve got several games in my PS3 backlog I want to get to like the Resistance trilogy and Killzone 2 & 3.

I think the battery on my controller might be permanently borked though, and I don’t think I can get an actual replacement anymore. Are there any third party PS3 controllers that are actually good and not shit??

Neat. I really got to fire up my PS3 again one of these days, I’ve got several games in my PS3 backlog I want to get to like the Resistance trilogy and Killzone 2 & 3.

I think the battery on my controller might be permanently borked though, and I don’t think I can get an actual replacement anymore. Are there any third party PS3 controllers that are actually good and not shit??
On eBay over here in the UK there's still boxed new ones available guessing that's not an option in Canada?

They have lots of third party controllers. I still fire mine up to play some PS3 exclusives and my PS1 discs.

On eBay over here in the UK there's still boxed new ones available guessing that's not an option in Canada?

I hadn’t really thought about checking eBay for them. Will have to take a look.

They have lots of third party controllers. I still fire mine up to play some PS3 exclusives and my PS1 discs.

Well I know they have third party controllers, my comment was more wondering if there were any GOOD third party controllers. My experience with third party controllers in the past (Wii, OG Xbox) have not been great.

I hadn’t really thought about checking eBay for them. Will have to take a look.

Well I know they have third party controllers, my comment was more wondering if there were any GOOD third party controllers. My experience with third party controllers in the past (Wii, OG Xbox) have not been great.
I only half read your post tbh lol.

The Twisted Metal game that was being worked on was cancelled

Also Media Molecule was a possible candidate for Closure at one point

The Twisted Metal game that was being worked on was cancelled

Also Media Molecule was a possible candidate for Closure at one point

I think I remember something about that Twisted Metal project. Shame, especially with the show sitting well with audiences + season renewal for marketing piggyback and franchise rope-in.

Here's an official statement from Sony themselves (penned by Hermen) on the restructuring impacting some PS family studios. Nothing crazy but the bigger vision for 2024+ is to operate in a way that facilitates Sony houses delivering AAA bar-raisers.

Here is the full statement.

I think I remember something about that Twisted Metal project. Shame, especially with the show sitting well with audiences + season renewal for marketing piggyback and franchise rope-in.
Hard to be sad about it when it was going to be a live service game

Hard to be sad about it when it was going to be a live service game
Some GaaS are dope but I hear ya. I actually think Twisted Metal could have worked as a live service title given its arena-style play and comp with a gimme spectate mode, TBH.

Wow. The blog post says that even some employees at Insomniac and Naughty Dog will lose their jobs. Insomniac has basically been carrying Sony on its back since the launch of the PS5 having released Spider-Man Remaster, Miles Morales, Ratchet & Clank and Spider-Man 2 all during the last three years, being more prolific than any other studio for Sony, and yet even they’re getting hit with job losses.

It’s ironic, back in August when the Quake 2 remaster came out it made me think back to when I was in grade 8 and I was obsessed with Quake 2, and also at my most proficient with computers. When I was that age I mused about learning how to map or mod for Quake 2 in the hopes of eventually getting into game development. But all these industry layoffs have really splashed a dose of cold water onto any “what if” fantasies about if I had pursued a career in game development instead of law.
Just wait until AI can do what lawyers do, for free....

Just wait until AI can do what lawyers do, for free....

The-justice-system-works-swiftly-in-the-future-now-that-theyve-abolished-all-lawyers.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back