No Spoilers Official Red Dead Redemption 2 Discussion

you played rd1 but not the multiplayer? the multiplayer on rd1 is its own kind of masterpiece

they massively nerfed the interactivity of RD2 online public sessions by hiding player icons outside of major towns if friendly

you'd want to hit LFG for crew to run consistently, or if you're stuck solo you become a massive CRANE AND PELICAN HUNTER; GIMME YOUR MONEY BIRDS

Cabinfever_interior.jpg

Unfortunately I never got a chance to. Out of RDR 2 and RDR 2 online, which do you have more fun playing? Is it worth getting into RDR 2 online this far into it's release?

Unfortunately I never got a chance to. Out of RDR 2 and RDR 2 online, which do you have more fun playing? Is it worth getting into RDR 2 online this far into it's release?
The story in RD2 is a technical feat worth completing, the writing in particular. Also the tackling/execution mechanics alone made RD2 innovate its combat in a brutal way. I know plenty of kids who didn't tackle once in playing story, close-quartering their way through missions but it makes the whole game feel desperately violent and it was easily my favorite element in gunfights.

The only shame is that RD2 online is a pretty jaded community filled with griefing (massive posses targeting solo players to farm k/d) so you'd need at least one other friend to play with consistently. The mission grinds nerf your pay if you restart due to death, so your team can't fly with randoms every time or you'll waste a lot of 20 minute intervals for the amount of money a handful of bird feathers couldve made you

If you play RD2 for the online, I would lean heavily on group play, and then when soloing you can always join deathmatches or matchmaking. But free roam tends to frustrate soloers unless you're hunting/fishing in obscurity making bank

The patches have made the online much more stable and performance is a thousand times better. Can actually enjoy the game now and invest time into various activities without worrying about being disconnected everything 7 minutes.

The game does look extra fine on ultra settings @ 60fps.

The story in RD2 is a technical feat worth completing, the writing in particular. Also the tackling/execution mechanics alone made RD2 innovate its combat in a brutal way. I know plenty of kids who didn't tackle once in playing story, close-quartering their way through missions but it makes the whole game feel desperately violent and it was easily my favorite element in gunfights.

The only shame is that RD2 online is a pretty jaded community filled with griefing (massive posses targeting solo players to farm k/d) so you'd need at least one other friend to play with consistently. The mission grinds nerf your pay if you restart due to death, so your team can't fly with randoms every time or you'll waste a lot of 20 minute intervals for the amount of money a handful of bird feathers couldve made you

If you play RD2 for the online, I would lean heavily on group play, and then when soloing you can always join deathmatches or matchmaking. But free roam tends to frustrate soloers unless you're hunting/fishing in obscurity making bank

Tackle? Hell, I'm maybe 10-15 hours in, and I just started using first person in earnest, with iron sights and the neat little melee/headshot finisher.

So beat the game now what? Not interested in hunting or fishing. There's an entire massive part of the map left with mcfarlane ranch and thieves landing left. Nothing going on over there?

So beat the game now what? Not interested in hunting or fishing. There's an entire massive part of the map left with mcfarlane ranch and thieves landing left. Nothing going on over there?
Not much. A couple of bandito camps to clear but not much else unless you're interested in seeing the updated original Red Dead Redemption map.

Been in my library forever.
Still waiting (another month) on my ps5 to play this game.
It’s either that or on my regular PS4 slim.

I've developed a love-hate relationship with this game. More than 3 years later and it's still the most technically impressive game I've ever played both in terms of just the technical artistry and the shear amount of things you can do. Sometimes I'll just turn it on and simply appreciate how amazing it is. However, my problem with the game lies in is any of it worth doing? Is there any point in hunting or being an outlaw? It doesn't seem like it. Character progression seems to stop relatively early in the game. What's more frustrating is they have the entire camp system early on and then throw it out halfway through the game. It would be fun just to be able to have a camp and have to provide for them which would at least force you to do some of the many things the game allows you to do.

But you know what would fix this game altogether? Fucking Undead Nightmare 2. Just turn up the survival portion a notch by constantly having to scounge for any ammo you can.

@Hitman81 right on brother, undead nightmare is an easy tap in to an empty net. Good post, love that game.

I will say it is worth doing if you embrace the slow pace of life. Become your character and just live as that dude. It’s a nice break from the relentless kill/death of the other games I play.

I was hoping they'd do more with online by now. I kind of want to get back into the game, but don't feel like playing story again yet.

I just started playing this game again, I’m at saint denis any thing that can really help me? Like should I hunt and gather to make shit or is that a waste of time?

I just started playing the game.

I have the option to replay story missions for stars. Is it just a trophy thing or do i earn ingame currency by doing so ? IDGAF about the trophies.

Back