RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Canelo vs Charlo Discussion 9/30 Showtime PPV

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kind of surprised Charlo didn't take a risk. He had everything to gain there. Some have said the Charlos are a lot of talk over the years, this fight wouldn't change anyone's mind.
Charlo looked like he was game at first. But then by the end of round 3 the guy looked like, "what the fuck am I kn here with, I knew the guy was good but this is some different shit to be in here with Canelo". You could see it on his face. He ws overwhelmed at Canelo's pressure, but not reckless pressure. Canelo's power, his defense. some shit Bharlo couldn't have imagined until being in there with a fresh Canelo. It wasn't untl the 10th that it looked like Charlo had adjusted to the level of fighter he had to become to even compete with Canelo. As long as Charlo's weight cut back down to 154 doesn't hurt him I think he will be a kiler down there now. He's walked in the field with a legend and now knows what its like.

Canelo looked decent but it was against a guy he totally over powered and felt no threat at all on a power level. That makes everything much easier.

we want Crawford vs Canelo
There's weight classes for a reason... I think Crawford handles himself fine, but the moment his power doesnt register with Canelo, all the diversity Crawford has becomes a wash because Canelo is close to just as skilled but would have more power. Canelo already said he can't get to 154, and 160 is a big stretch. Crawford would have to fight at 168, and that makes a hige difference...

john-cena-oh-shit.gif

Last edited:
Is Bud still dumb enough to want Clenelo after that? lol

He needs a fight with Benavidez or Morrell next year. If he completes 2024 without having fought either massive L.
Crawford would crazy to turn down a fight with Canelo. Crawford might not win, but he's definitely not going to be in danger of taking any long-term damage. Canelo was predicted to stop Ryder, GGG, and Charlo, but he didn't even come close once. I think Canelo has lost a step physically and his crappy footwork is becoming more and more pronounced.

Crawford would crazy to turn down a fight with Canelo. Crawford might not win, but he's definitely not going to be in danger of taking any long-term damage. Canelo was predicted to stop Ryder, GGG, and Charlo, but he didn't even come close once. I think Canelo has lost a step physically and his crappy footwork is becoming more and more pronounced.

No one with a brain predicted him to stop GGG. WTF are you talking about? He managed to drop the other 2 and Ryder got hurt bad multiple times. Charlo fought scared and on backfoot most fight he rarely pressed and just survived. Its not easy to stop guys who arent even trying to press or win.

Some of the shots he hit Mell with tonight wouldve done more than drop Bud. Hes been hurt by much smaller, much weaker fighters.

Bud doesnt even have a lay back point fight style and Canelo has one of the best chins in boxing. How does he navigate the size and power? Its stupid

No one with a brain predicted him to stop GGG. WTF are you talking about
Yeah, NO ONE predicted Canelo to stop a 40yr old GGG. NO ONE. The things Canelo fans tell themselves.

Canelo is clearly on the downslide. Crawford is the more skilled fighter. Can Crawford overcome the weight disadvantage? I dunno, but it's clear that fight isn't a daunting mismatch for Crawford. Canelo is just not that dude anymore.

Yeah, NO ONE predicted Canelo to stop a 40yr old GGG. NO ONE. The things Canelo fans tell themselves.

Canelo is clearly on the downslide. Crawford is the more skilled fighter. Can Crawford overcome the weight disadvantage? I dunno, but it's clear that fight isn't a daunting mismatch for Crawford. Canelo is just not that dude anymore.

Obviously there were some Canelo stans I was being hyperbolic. Vast majority saw that going to decision.

Over 10.5 rounds was -250 on odds
Fight goes to decision was -200
Canelo KO/TKO was +350
Canelo points was -175

Gennadys KO/TKO line was shorter despite being 40. Hes never been dropped or stopped in a million amateur and pro fights.

Obviously there were some Canelo stans I was being hyperbolic. Vast majority saw that going to decision.

Over 10.5 rounds was -250 on odds
Fight goes to decision was -200
Canelo KO/TKO was +350
Canelo points was -175

Gennadys KO/TKO line was shorter despite being 40. Hes never been dropped or stopped in a million amateur and pro fights.

Not true. You can look it all up here, just look at the props. It is all archived accurately.

https://www.proboxingodds.com/events/2022-09-18-1617

Canelo by KO / TKO was in the +150 to +190 range. Yes he was still more likely to win by decision but people definitely thought it was possible GGG could be stopped. Especially after we had seen him get hurt to the body in the Derevyanchenko fight.

The bigger man in charlo got marched down and smacked. Completely dominated.

christ, 1 minutes worth of highlights from a 12 round fight, and about 20 seconds of that was canelo employing some old school dirty tricks of the trade

Back