RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Joshua vs Wallin / Wilder vs Parker 12/23 11AM ET DAZN / ESPN+

Winner?

• Joshua

Votes: 46 71.9%
  • Wallin

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Wilder

Votes: 41 64.1%
  • Parker

Votes: 23 35.9%

• Total voters
Certainl US sports are much more geared to athletism than sports that are popular over here, especially nfl. I don’t k ow too much about US footie but I assume in certain positions if you are a fckin unit and fast as greased shite, you can be a top player? Even the forwards in rugby Union have to have decent to good balling handling skills. There seems to be a bit more emphasis on athleticism in popular US sports, as opposed to our popular sports. That’s my take on it anyway

Regards football, I think Ronaldo is an exceptional athlete. He pretty much stands above other top players in this regard when he was in his prime

i dont think its even a US thing tbh. Rugby (both league and union) are highly athleticism based sports, much more so than baseball, hockey or even basketball. Not saying you can just throw any athletic guy in there and have him dominate, but its a sport that has very high speed/strength/size/durability requirements to play at a decent level. Then American football goes to an even greater extreme because of how stop/start the game is, so theres a massive premium put on "this guy can move x amount of yards in x amount of seconds while being this big" etc etc, hence the combine.

Football (soccer) does require some athleticism but its not to such an exceptional extent. You dont have to be abnormally big, strong or fast to play. You need to be physically fit with okay speed. The rest is skills specific to the sport.

Because they did this in the early to mid 2000s (2002-2005). "MMA" was still very niche here especially in the US. When they say wrestling they likely mean folkstyle & freestyle. Think American collegiate wrestling (folk) and the international style freestyle which is the most popular worldwide. Greco-Roman is the other international style but it's far less popular. I wrestled but just about every Pennsylvanian does. My state is the best in the country (US). It's basically the Dagestan of America.

Just wanted to mention that because you keep naming wrestlers as your "A Level" athletes (Brock & Romero). Even though I recall Romero getting absolutely tooled in freestyle by Adam Saitiev, a much smaller, physically inferior athlete in your eyes.

That's a straw man argument. I never said he was more athletic than Bolt. Bolt is one of the best pure athletes in history. Not only does his 100m world record still stand he was also great at other distances and in the jumping events. Again, you just don't understand muscle memory, split second decision-making, problem solving, etc in a high level athlete. Synaptically their neurons are literally firing faster. The signaling in their brains works a lot better than a lesser athlete's. Neurologically they're superior at computation and completing tasks efficiently.

So how did they come to the conclusion that MMA requires 5.88 strength whereas wrestling requires 8.38 strength and boxing requires 8.13. Doesnt MMA contain both wrestling and boxing? so do you think MMA fighters are weaker p4p than water polo players (6.63), basketball players (8.25), only slightly stronger than baseball players (5.75) and closer in strength to golfers (3.88) than they are to boxers (8.13) as per the list?

Also why does boxing only require slightly less strength than wrestling? isnt it basic common sense that striking doesnt require as much strength as grappling?

I also enjoyed the part where tennis, soccer, hockey, lacrosse and a bunch of other shit scored higher for "agility" than fucking GYMNASTICS.

Last edited:
So how did they come to the conclusion that MMA requires 5.88 strength whereas wrestling requires 8.38 strength and boxing requires 8.13. Doesnt MMA contain both wrestling and boxing? so do you think MMA fighters are weaker p4p than water polo players (6.63), basketball players (8.25), only slightly stronger than baseball players (5.75) and closer in strength to golfers (3.88) than they are to boxers (8.13) as per the list?

Also why does boxing only require slightly less strength than wrestling? isnt it basic common sense than striking doesnt require as much strength as grappling?

I also enjoyed the part where tennis, soccer, hockey, lacrosse and a bunch of other shit scored higher for "agility" than fucking GYMNASTICS.
Again, MMA was in its infancy back then. Martial Arts = traditional martial arts (TMA). That's what they were rating. I can name lots of wrestlers that weren't strong. They made up for it in other ways like with their skill. Ben Askren wasn't only weak he was laughably unathletic. He still managed to become one of the greatest folk wrestlers in NCAA history in the US. He still went to the Olympics for freestyle wrestling as well. Guess what? Not all gymnastics events even require agility, dude. Unless you think rings does? LOL

This. 48 hours ago if you had the opinion Parker was going to win you were clowned at. Fact is, Parker has fought the best of the best, learnt and is reaching his peak with Andy Lee.
I definitely saw a tide of people on here saying they were betting on Parker and you ignore that at your peril IME. I didn't agree with them logically but I did start to think maybe they were seeing something I wasn't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back