RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Joshua vs Wallin / Wilder vs Parker 12/23 11AM ET DAZN / ESPN+

Winner?

• Joshua

Votes: 46 71.9%
  • Wallin

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Wilder

Votes: 41 64.1%
  • Parker

Votes: 23 35.9%

• Total voters
107328-3844368.png

Any more room for casuals in the thread?
IMG_9957.png

Ronaldo looking like when that annoying kid from school sits down next to you at the bus

• Haha
Reactions: Gio
What are you talking about? Ronaldo is a combat sports groupie. He's always hanging out with them. He literally went of his way to visit Conor's camp against Nate. Plenty pics of him with Khabib and Francis and other big stars too.

It seems that our beloved MMA athletes are not fully respected by their peers.

Also, when McGregor bowed in respect of the people he is around, he was ignored by both Ronaldo and the Saudi overlord Turki Al Shaikh.

LOL at ''Greatest MMA athlete"
<36>

Look like Ronaldo knows as soon as Mcgregor shows up that he’s going to take over the conversation, we all know someone like that

• Haha
Reactions: Gio
Ronaldo is literally an A-level athlete

No, prime Brock Lesnar is an A level athlete. The only area of raw athleticism where Ronaldo is above average is his speed and even then its not A level if you compare it to for example speed positions in the NFL. The idea that hes an A level athlete just because hes good at football/soccer (which is hardly one of the more "A level athlete" type sports) is ridiculous. A dude like Bo Nickal would outperform Ronaldo in almost every test of athletic ability.

No, prime Brock Lesnar is an A level athlete. The only area of raw athleticism where Ronaldo is above average is his speed and even then its not A level if you compare it to for example speed positions in the NFL. The idea that hes an A level athlete just because hes good at football/soccer (which is hardly one of the more "A level athlete" type sports) is ridiculous. A dude like Bo Nickal would outperform Ronaldo in almost every test of athletic ability.
Soccer is an A-level sport. It's literally the most popular sport in the world. No other sport has near its level of participation. You can't even drive more than a few miles in any urban or rural area in the US without seeing a soccer field. He's also the biggest star in his sport alongside guys like Messi, Neymar Jr., etc.

Soccer is an A-level sport. It's literally the most popular sport in the world. No other sport has near its level of participation. You can't even drive more than a few miles in any urban or rural area in the US without seeing a soccer field. He's also the biggest star in his sport alongside guys like Messi, Neymar Jr., etc.

The popularity of the sport and the size of it talent pool is only half the equation. The other half is what physical activities the sport entails, which in turn dictates the kind of size/strength/speed standards that need to be met for someone to be good at it. And those standards in football/soccer are not among the highest. Its not a heavy contact sport for one, which significantly lowers the size, strength and durability requirements. You do need a good gas tank and a bit of speed but you dont need to be anywhere near sprinter or cornerback fast.

I'm not taking away from how difficult it is to be an elite footballer, its probably the hardest sport to reach the top in, but its not a "freak athlete" type game full of monsters. Its mostly a skill game.

The popularity of the sport and the size of it talent pool is only half the equation. The other half is what physical activities the sport entails, which in turn dictates the kind of size/strength/speed standards that need to be met for someone to be good at it. And those standards in football/soccer are not among the highest. Its not a heavy contact sport for one, which significantly lowers the size, strength and durability requirements. You do need a good gas tank and a bit of speed but you dont need to be anywhere near sprinter or cornerback fast.

I'm not taking away from how difficult it is to be an elite footballer, but its not a "freak athlete" type game full of monsters. Its mostly a skill game.
You don't have to be a freak athletically to be widely considered A-level. Ronaldo is viewed as an elite world class athlete and gets paid as such. Top athletes get paid what they're worth. Think about it.

You don't have to be a freak athletically to be widely considered A-level. Ronaldo is viewed as an elite world class athlete and gets paid as such. Top athletes get paid what they're worth. Think about it.

So are golfers and F1 drivers A level athletes too?

I dont base someone being an A level athlete on what they get paid, I base it on their....you know....athleticism.

So are golfers and F1 drivers A level athletes too?

I dont base someone being an A level athlete on what they get paid, I base it on their....you know....athleticism.
You're attempting to compare a non-physical sport like golf and race car driving to soccer? LOL. I swear, you heavies posters are so obsessed with this "A-level athlete" crap. That and cute little Asian girls that look all of 15 years old. It's bizarre.

You're attempting to compare a non-physical sport like golf and race car driving to soccer? LOL. I swear, you heavies posters are so obsessed with this "A-level athlete" crap. That and cute little Asian girls that look all of 15 years old. It's bizarre.

Soccer is a non-physical sport compared to combat sports or even run around with a ball on a field sports like rugby and American football.

Soccer is a non-physical sport compared to combat sports or even run around with a ball on a field sports like rugby and American football.
Soccer still involves plenty of physical activity: running, kicking, blocking, and physically outmaneuvering opposing team members while employing high level foot-eye coordination. Athletically you have to be quick, coordinated, and agile on the field. I was a multi-sport athlete in high school and college. The first sport I ever picked up was soccer. Next you'll tell me that Pele wasn't an A-level athlete.

Last edited:
Back