***Official*** Sherdog UFC 285 Prediction Thread w/ Chance to win a Sherdog Platinum Membership(s)

I think you're a little to confident in those picks, but I see where you're coming from

I am confident but not too confident because what I said earlier - it is fight game - everything can happen. You can be winning whole fight Korean Zombie style and be Ko'ed by last hit of the fight from Yair in last second. :D

- Shavkat is good but so is Neal. He might be the best striker at WW after Leon and Wonderboy.
I think Shavkat is elite. He has not proven that yet with his level opposition but his skills say he has potential. While I think Neal is B-level - good fighter but not great. This is other match up but I think fight will look exactly like Shavkat vs other Neil.

- Trevin is 13-9. Cody's chin is gone, but besides that he's not terrible. He can knock out anybody, and he's good enough to keep the fight on the feet. 5050
There is your answer - Cody has no chin and is washed. He won't be winning anymore. Just like my favorite Tony Ferguson. It will look like Shogun's last fight - we know that in prime result would be different but when someone is washed there is hardly someone who could lose to that fighter in that phase of his career.

- Saaiman is an obvious hypetrain candidate, but his opponent is better than someone like him might usually face at this stage.

Fair but I have trust in him.

- Du Plessis fighting Brunson. Come on man. UFC is not even trying to hide that they push the good guys with good contracts super hard at this point.

That's why I won't ever bet on Dricus - he is too awkward. I feel like he is the Johnson type of guy - one fight he can KO Soldić, but other night he can lose to someone weak.

- Ian Garry. Clear hypetrain, could've still gotten a buildup fight, Kenan is legit.

Totally agree. I am always saying that he is Paddy Pimblett of WW but I think that he will have same treatment as Baddy - even if it will be close fight UFC will be pushing him hard and he will win decision, even wrong one.

- Basharat. Graet prospect. Could've gotten a favorable matchup, but instead he's fighting a guy who just like himself, rides a solid winning streak and collects RNC finishes.

Just like Saiiman - I am riding that hype and have faith in him. Can be wrong so it is fair point. I was believing in Charles Johnson hype too and it seems that his best outing is... losing decision to Mokaev. LOL

- Ribovics. Riding a round 1 knockout streak over 4 fights. Doesn't get a welcome match. Fights an experienced guy who hasn't been finished in his 21 fight deep career.

Not gonna lie - I don't know both guys but after looking and fights stats I chose Ribovics.

Glad to have some cultural discussion here on Dog. Well we will see who is right and who is wrong Sunday :D

94418-3283020.png

Hey Shaddows same here. There’s sure to be some great fights and controversies. I enjoy being along for the wild ride.
hahaha this card, win or lose, many Jon haters are already crazy mad because he did not retire like they were claiming, with their all-knowing powers :)
So I am just enjoying the trash talk and one more point in MMA history that I had the privilege of watching! :)
I don't know how you guys keep your cool, but this one promises a lot o tears (from Jon Lovers or haters).... but good luck and enjoy the show!

94418-3283046.png

FIGHT !!
Edit : pleasantly surprised to see that a lot of you guys seem to believe in Gane's ability to win.
Good news, my boss accepted to give me my weekend. So I'll be there for the whole event.

Last edited:
What? I mean it is fighting so everything can happen but I am sure Shev, Bo, Shavkat, Trevin, Saiiman and Basharat will win. I think Gane should win too. Rest is 50/50. Overall great card.

94418-3282802.png
I actually think 50/50 fights should be the objective of most (not all) matchmaking, even if a few underdogs pulling upsets are always great to see ; there's obviously no interest in watching guys get destructed with virtually no hope to win in any way.

Just for everyone to know, this will be the FINAL single-event prediction contest to win a free plat! This will be your last chance to nail it on one fight card and be able to plat up!

We have other things in store soon, so stay tuned.

Sure, why not?

Gane over Jones (Dec)
Shevchenko over Grasso (T/KO, 3)
Rakhmonov over Neal (Sub, 2)
Gamrot over Turner (Dec)
Nickal over Pickett (Sub, 1)

Jones over Garbrandt (T/KO, 2)
Du Plessis over Brunson (Sub, 2)
Ribas over Araujo (Dec)
Barriault over Marquez (Dec)

Garry over Kenan (Dec)
Saaiman over Martinez (T/KO, 1)