*Official Tom Hardy Appreciation Thread*

My favorite actor Tom Hardy's career should be celebrated. He's shown amazing range and versatility in the roles he portrayed. Fellow Sherdoggie's feel free to start discussion on his roles and films. Thank you for stopping by.

CCi1WjtW4AAVciO.jpg
You forgot...

maxresdefault.jpg

I went into seeing Dunkirk this weekend not knowing Hardy was in it. He killed it and it was a mostly silent role, which I always thought are the most difficult. Hardy is up there with Leo and maybe even DDL when it comes to his ability to carry a silent scene with just emoting. I was impressed, at least.

This thread is appropriately timed as it relates to my realization about Tom Hardy during Dunkirk so I'm here to agree, he's one of the best in the business right now if not the most reliable name to make me confident a movie will be good regardless of genre or hype. If it's got Hardy, it's interesting from beginning to end and he delivers a believable performance as the character. I used to think that about Tom Cruise movies and he's not even a great actor, just always chose action packed movies so he was reliable as a barometer. Will Smith used to have that, too.

Some actors just always deliver a solid movie and Tom Hardy has become that guy.

I went into seeing Dunkirk this weekend not knowing Hardy was in it. He killed it and it was a mostly silent role, which I always thought are the most difficult. Hardy is up there with Leo and maybe even DDL when it comes to his ability to carry a silent scene with just emoting. I was impressed, at least.

This thread is appropriately timed as it relates to my realization about Tom Hardy during Dunkirk so I'm here to agree, he's one of the best in the business right now if not the most reliable name to make me confident a movie will be good regardless of genre or hype. If it's got Hardy, it's interesting from beginning to end and he delivers a believable performance as the character. I used to think that about Tom Cruise movies and he's not even a great actor, just always chose action packed movies so he was reliable as a barometer. Will Smith used to have that, too.

Some actors just always deliver a solid movie and Tom Hardy has become that guy.
giphy.gif

Saw Legend with Tom hardy recently. Dude was Brilliant in it, at times you almost forgot he was doing a double role

I hate Tom Hardy. I can’t decide if he’s attractive or not. Sometimes he looks okay but then he moves his face and becomes ugly again. It’s very frustrating.

I hate Tom Hardy. I can’t decide if he’s attractive or not. Sometimes he looks okay but then he moves his face and becomes ugly again. It’s very frustrating.

He can act with his face okay. You leave him alone.

Tom-Hardys-return-to-Peaky-Blinders.jpg

He's got a crazy accent as Alfie in Peaky Blinders. I don't know if its an accurate one for a Jewish gangster in the late 1800s or not but he seems to steal scenes with is over the top acting. Part funny (accidental) and interesting.

He was great in Lawless.

Tried to watch the first episode and got bored. Does it pick up alot? Or is it a slow burning drama?

Peaky Blinders comes back on in a week or so.

He is so awesome in Peaky Blinders!

BTW, Peaky Blinders gets better and better, season by season. The first is the most slow, but it really picks up later. It's great.

The Drop, Warrior, and TDKR are 3 of my.favorite movies, and he was great in all 3.

Back