• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official: Whittaker Vs. Romero in a Non-Title Fight

Cite your sources, don't just say words.

Thx. Honestly working on embedding Ariel’s twitter posts but too much of a noob to know how. Plz teach me your ways

I want this 5 rounds so romero has to suffer

This is a selfless act for the fans who wanted to see him fight. Whitaker is heading to GSP class act status. I wouldn't have faulted Bobby if he declined the fight.

True, he's going out on his shields and putting on a fight for his fans, but this is no victory for Romero at all, win or lose. Yoel has nothing to lose going into this fight, and Whittaker has nothing to gain from it aside from extra money.

I was feeling Romero through the build up and the past few months, but he missed weight. Hopefully Robert can break this undefeated fighters who miss weight streak they have going on.

If the fight is still on but it’s non title does that mean RDA vs Colby is the new main event?

Thx. Honestly working on embedding Ariel’s twitter posts but too much of a noob to know how. Plz teach me your ways
Copy twitter post. Paste in post. Done.

So even if Robert win we cant say that he is defend his belt and even if he win he will have 0 title defenses?

So if Robert not wins this fight, he's not winning the tittle?

This is a selfless act for the fans who wanted to see him fight. Whitaker is heading to GSP class act status. I wouldn't have faulted Bobby if he declined the fight.

How? He still gets to fight, doesn't lose his title if he loses and will be receiving some of Yoel's purse. Its not some courageous act. Hes fighting a guy thats .2 lbs over the limit. Not 20.

#1 bullshit. What's the point of watching a champion in a fight in which he can't lose his belt?
Props to Bobby, but I'm really not interested in that kind of shitshow.

He could have refused. There is nothing to gain for him in that fight.

Romero missed weight so if they cancelled this fight I doubt they would schedule another rematch. So Whittaker would keep his belt and face another opponent next.
Yes there is, another victory over Yoel Romero which reinforces his status as the 185 king.

You don't get it, this is all Rob gives a shit about, the rest is noise.

Good man. I'm a fan.

Love watching Yoel fight but I hope Whittaker takes this one.

Back