• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official: Whittaker Vs. Romero in a Non-Title Fight

Like there was any doubt, .2 pounds lmfao

He would have most likely fought him 10 pounds over in a non-title fight. There is no pressure at that point, of course you don't wanna lose but regardless you keep the belt. That's back to back title shot misses Romero has to be done at this point. Can't keep putting on main events with this guy and having him miss weight.

I reckon Whittaker would've won this either way.
I wont be watching now, since the excitement of a title changing hands has gone for me. I'll log back in Sunday afternoon just to read the results.

So even if Robert win we cant say that he is defend his belt and even if he win he will have 0 title defenses?

Of course he’s willing to fight.

It’s not as if he has another option in reality.

Hopefully the UFC will recognise what a mess this whole making weight thing has become and start working on a solution that makes it fair for for fighters that actually meet the terms that were agreed upon.

Bobby Knuckles is the champion the division needs and the real fans deserve.

Idk how I feel about this. From a fans perspective I love it but from his, I feel like it’s a lose lose situation.

He wins, so what? Non title fight and a little more money? He loses? Looks bad but is still the champ. Plus there’s always a risk of him getting KOed or injured in a now meaningless fight.

I really want to see the fight, but I'm so tired of this shit. Besides weight, all the bs Romeo has done in the cage.

He shouldnt. Think about the Khabib vs Iaquinta fight and how Al was 155.2 but Dana said they would make the winner the champ regardless, they can overridevthe commission and declare Romero the champ anyway if he wins.

There's LITERALLY NO WAY this fight wasn't happening. Do you really think the UFC wouldn't strong arm Rob into taking at least a non title fight? Compensation is really the only barrier.

Imagine if Whittaker didn't take it. He loses out on some money, and many fans would turn on him. The UFC is already hurting for PPV buys. They could move up the WW fight to main event and add the Reem, Esparza or Pettis to the main card, but you lose out on a bunch of buys. With or without the belt, this is the fight most wanted to see and the UFC had to make it happen.

klm-royal-dutch-airlines.jpg

Moose-moose-30565840-468-440.jpg

He shouldnt. Think about the Khabib vs Iaquinta fight and how Al was 155.2 but Dana said they would make the winner the champ regardless, they can overridevthe commission and declare Romero the champ anyway if he wins.
That was a totally different situation. Dana isn't going to reward Romero for his bullshit. When Al weighed in he was fighting to stay under 156. He didn't miss weight.

This fights pointless now, they dont even need it to save the card. Bump overeem up to the ppv again, and move on. Romero sounds like hes in no condition to be fighting.

I’m cool with this if it’s a non title 3 round fight and RDA/Colby gets moved to the main

So Rob loses he gets to keep the title? Guess they would do a third fight and winner is the official real champ for sure this time haha

It should definetly still be a 5 rounder even with no title.

So when will we know the final outcome of all this madness? Any chance RDA/Covington becomes main event?

Back