Official: Whittaker Vs. Romero in a Non-Title Fight

Only just over an hour until the weigh ins, wonder if they'll have something sorted

You gotta be kidding me. If Romero wins then it’s automatic rubber match next.

Whittaker is doing the “right” thing though.

Only just over an hour until the weigh ins, wonder if they'll have something sorted
I was thinking maybe they are trying to get eyes on the ceremonial weigh ins but they are on fs2

You gotta be kidding me. If Romero wins then it’s automatic rubber match next.

Whittaker is doing the “right” thing though.
I don't see there being any chance the UFC deals with Romero at 185 again

what a fucked up situation if yoel knocks out whitaker and whitaker is still champ.
Not too bad, actually... they'd be 1-1 and a rematch would make sense to sort it out for good.

Cmon Yoel wtf. I’m guessing he’s still out of it and rehydrating

It will suck if doesnt count as a defence for robert

he is looking a GOAT fighter,

The belt was the thing for Yoel so I suspect it's about that. He's fighting the impossible trying to get it as a title fight, he was unlucky as fck I feel, as .2 with the commission interfering, it's a shame

The day before the card and who fekks it up again.

Ridiculous, you screwed this up! Make It right!

What would be worse if somehow they spin this and still give romero a title shot. Im not sure how they would do it (the GSP thing was hush hush) and this was very public.

It hasnt been officially announced he ISNT fighting for the title. Weve seen worse shit recently. Remember holloway?

The belt was the thing for Yoel so I suspect it's about that. He's fighting the impossible trying to get it as a title fight, he was unlucky as fck I feel, as .2 with the commission interfering, it's a shame
Makes sense but he should have no leverage in this due to him being the reason it’s no longer a title fight.

What would be worse if somehow they spin this and still give romero a title shot. Im not sure how they would do it (the GSP thing was hush hush) and this was very public.

It hasnt been officially announced he ISNT fighting for the title. Weve seen worse shit recently. Remember holloway?
Yeah who knows. Maybe they give in to Whittaker saying the weight doesn’t matter. I don’t mind that because the champ himself said it was alright. Now I also wouldn’t be mad if Whittaker said it wasn’t acceptable either.

LOL told ya'll

Trash

This fight isn't happening

Another great card ruined, 226 will turn into a shit show weeks before the event

So even if Robert win we cant say that he is defend his belt and even if he win he will have 0 title defenses?
It's like Silva/Lutter. Many people don't consider it a defence. But the champion did make weight, so it should count for something more than just a regular win.

He could have refused. There is nothing to gain for him in that fight.

Romero missed weight so if they cancelled this fight I doubt they would schedule another rematch. So Whittaker would keep his belt and face another opponent next.
He went through camp, made weight, is confident in beating Yoel, doesn't have to risk his title. And most of all is a solid dude. Doesn't look for the easy way out. Can't see him turning down the fight. Imagine Bisping was defending and Yoel missed weight. Ping would already be on the flight home.

Back