Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Good to see Calvillo back off that weak weed suspension. Botelho stood out to me in her last fight with that sick body kick that folded up her opponent. Don't know what her ground game is like, but she seemed like a dynamic fighter standing up at least.

No I'm not bored just thought I'd look at the UFC matchmakers' twitter accounts to see if they were interested in any up and comers.

Maynard follows a lot of fighters but Shelby isn't much for social media and only follows 130 people in total with just a few of them being actual fighters, mostly names. Two he does follow though, Celine Haga and Lanchana Green ...... less surprisingly he follows Miriam Nakamoto, now wouldn't that be a great comeback story.

Also had a look at the Great White Chief's Instagram, again he follows some of the roster but not a lot. Dana was clearly taken with one of the Brazilians from the Contenders show and gave her a follow, but who is this, Alyse Anderson? Doesn't fight for the UFC, isn't even in a division covered by the UFC. Guess Dana was impressed with her recent Invicta showing.

No I'm not bored just thought I'd look at the UFC matchmakers' twitter accounts to see if they were interested in any up and comers.

Maynard follows a lot of fighters but Shelby isn't much for social media and only follows 130 people in total with just a few of them being actual fighters, mostly names. Two he does follow though, Celine Haga and Lanchana Green ...... less surprisingly he follows Miriam Nakamoto, now wouldn't that be a great comeback story.

Also had a look at the Great White Chief's Instagram, again he follows some of the roster but not a lot. Dana was clearly taken with one of the Brazilians from the Contenders show and gave her a follow, but who is this, Alyse Anderson? Doesn't fight for the UFC, isn't even in a division covered by the UFC. Guess Dana was impressed with her recent Invicta showing.

Good Intel. I'll add some intel on what I have learned over the years. I don't check out matchmakers social media because they are usually media trained enough not to drop unwanted hints at future plans. They also do most of their business through DMs. Also, I remember hearing a while ago some matchmakers have multiple accounts. I remember seeing some fighters following a matchmakers secondary privated account a while ago. I forgot which one it was. Sean might not be very active on social media publicity but he does slide in fighters DM's when he wants to talk. Remember this is how Cynthia Calvillo was signed.

Good Intel. I'll add some intel on what I have learned over the years. I don't check out matchmakers social media because they are usually media trained enough not to drop unwanted hints at future plans. They also do most of their business through DMs. Also, I remember hearing a while ago some matchmakers have multiple accounts. I remember seeing some fighters following a matchmakers secondary privated account a while ago. I forgot which one it was. Sean might not be very active on social media publicity but he does slide in fighters DM's when he wants to talk. Remember this is how Cynthia Calvillo was signed.

I'm sure you're right. Btw I don't think Shelby is poised to sign Haga and Green to the UFC, just that they're two pretty random names to be following - perhaps he likes poker or has ancestral roots in the NE of England. Dana I think is just a fan and follows fighters who've impressed him.

but who is this, Alyse Anderson? Doesn't fight for the UFC, isn't even in a division covered by the UFC. Guess Dana was impressed with her recent Invicta showing.

UFC Atomweight division in 2019 confirmed.

Waterson finna get that elusive UFC belt

giphy.webp

#KHbless

Tecia Torres is atomweight sized and beat her.

Her only good win at 105 is Penne, and Kedzie and Co. would never give her a rematch. She does not really have many top-ranked wins at any weight class.

Now this is what I love to see. After her debut she noticed how bad her ground grappling was and put in the work. She won gold and said she will share her other 3 matches a little later.

The full card odds for UFC 228 are up and I was interested that Aldana is a narrow underdog vs Puddinglover (1.91 to 1.71). Usually Irene (bae
t4725.gif
) gets put as too big a favorite, based on her KOs of cans in Invicta and resultant high-ish profile I guess. Irene was a big favorite over Betch, for instance, who is a more established fighter than Lucie.

I guess it makes sense though because I'd bet the farm on Irene beating Betch, but not on her beating Lucie. Though I wouldn't be farm on Lucie beating Betch either. Wonder what the odds for Puddi vs Betch would be.

--------

A clip of Pudding training with Czech olympic wrassler Adela Hanzlikova from Lucie's instagram.

I'd guess Adela hasn't done much mat grappling before (or maybe even any, judging by this) so wouldn't read too much into it but Pudding seems to be pretty smooth in doing the right things on the ground, considering I have her down as more of a striker. Also using dem long limbs to an advantage.

It would be interesting to see how the grappling would play out in this matchup but I suppose it'll mostly be a striking affair.
I think Irene's grappling is fairly decent if she wanted to build a gameplan around it, but being from Lobo she has that 'I am Mexican therefore I box' mentality.
t31039.gif

Now this is what I love to see. After her debut she noticed how bad her ground grappling was and put in the work. She won gold and said she will share her other 3 matches a little later.

For those who care I will update with a second video of her grappling. I wish Cindy had this same attitude towards improving her weaknesses. Amanda will still be at a huge disadvantage on the ground during most of her fights due to the others having more experience but I do love to see how much she has progressed in such a short amount of time. If I was Amanda I would get into contact with Joanna and learn her anti wrestling techniques. I remember Joanna used to do a seminar on it but she has so much money now she don't do seminars anymore.

UFC Atomweight division in 2019 confirmed.

Waterson finna get that elusive UFC belt

giphy.webp

#KHbless

Tecia Torres is atomweight sized and beat her.

Did you watch the fight? Tecia looked quite a bit thicker. She's never fought at 105 (even when she was younger) and I think the reason for that is she simply naturally carries around too much muscle. The girl walks around about 125, shredded. Getting down to 115 is mostly a water cut for her.

Did you watch the fight? Tecia looked quite a bit thicker. She's never fought at 105 (even when she was younger) and I think the reason for that is she simply naturally carries around too much muscle. The girl walks around about 125, shredded. Getting down to 115 is mostly a water cut for her.

122. She has never had an issue making 115. And, of course, by your own words Waterson "nearly died" making 105. But in your obsession driven brain, you will ignore anything that does not fall in line with your cult doctrine.

I think Tecia and Carla could make 105, but I’d have to see them actually fight at that weight before passing judgement as neither are exactly bloated and carrying excess fat 115.

FWIW, I’d have to say the same with KH as she has bulked up a bit during her UFC run, but at least she has a notable history fighting at 105.

I think Tecia and Carla could make 105, but I’d have to see them actually fight at that weight before passing judgement as neither are exactly bloated and carrying excess fat 115.

FWIW, I’d have to say the same with KH as she has bulked up a bit during her UFC run, but at least she has a notable history fighting at 105.

Carla has stated that she could make 105, but likes to eat too much.

I'm not sure Tecia could healthily make 105..... she looks so ripped cannonballs would bounce off her.

39846792_10215248916569060_388188064859553792_n.jpg

Rizin and Titan vet Chelsea Lagrasse (0-2) will be dropping two weight classes as she fights Shawna Ram (0-0, 4-1 Amateur) in her pro debut at Battlefield Fight League 58 on October 5th in BC. Ram will also be making her Atomweight debut. With the division finally picking up some steam outside of Asia, I think this is a move we'll see quite often the next few years. I think we're maybe a year away from UFC adopting the division.

Back