Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Illma vs Val in Hawaii for Bellator.

A girl that wasn't finished by Joanna Champion in 5 rounds, despite cutting too much weight for her frame.
A girl that was not defeated even once at bantamweight.
A girl that fought to spliut decision with Claudia Gadelha.

I honestly admit that I didn't watch many fights of Letorneau, but anyone else thinks that she beats Ilima?

A girl that wasn't finished by Joanna Champion in 5 rounds, despite cutting too much weight for her frame.

I honestly admit that I didn't watch many fights of Letorneau, but anyone else thinks that she beats Ilima?

Not any more. I think she wrecked herself cutting to 115, and has not been the same since.

I think she has a chance because she fights with heart & warrior spirit. Letorneau has declined of late but always seems game. Ilima's okay but whenever I see her fight & then view the overall rankings I'm surprised she's so highly ranked. In their primes I'd pick Valerie but that's not what Bellator is booking.

Last edited:
Good to see Bellator get the fight made in Hawaii. Macfarlane comes across as really likeable and I know she was pushing for the fight to take place there.

Looks like Atomweight Irene Rivera is spending some time at JW, honing her cookie cutter skills.

Liana Jojua is letting it be known she wants to face well known Russian wmma pioneer Julia Berezikova.

Liana Jojua is letting it be known she wants to face well known Russian wmma pioneer Julia Berezikova.

I dated two Georgian girls in my life.

Both quickly reversed in the scramble and their top position was smothering!!

Both teasing fight news, both fighting at 115. Coincidence?

Unsure at the moment how it will effect her UFC career, but Maria Borella has been suspended until 2044 (yes, 2044) by Italian anti doping for breaching a previous ban.

Will have full story a bit later.

Unsure at the moment how it will effect her UFC career, but Maria Borella has been suspended until 2044 (yes, 2044) by Italian anti doping for breaching a previous ban.

Will have full story a bit later.
Well then.

I’m assuming it won’t affect it because she doesn’t even live in Italy anymore but idk

Well then.

I’m assuming it won’t affect it because she doesn’t even live in Italy anymore but idk
no, but USADA do have relationships with Italian Anti doping. And this is a fresh ban for violating a prior ban. Its quite likely she gets cut as a result. UFC dont have to, but USADA have relations with other agencies to maintain

no, but USADA do have relationships with Italian Anti doping. And this is a fresh ban for violating a prior ban. Its quite likely she gets cut as a result. UFC dont have to, but USADA have relations with other agencies to maintain

No brainer she's gonna be cut.
No way UFC will have a back of 1-1 nobody

EDIT: oh wait:

http://www.4once.it/2018/09/10/mma-nuova-squalifica-nado-per-mara-romero-borella/

It's written here, that she ALREADY was DQd until 2029!!! While fighting in the UFC!!

New UFC rankings are out. Suarez moves up five spots, from 9-4. Karolina and Torres both move down one. Esparza down two, from 6-8. Herrig down one, from 8-9. Somehow Waterson stays put at 7, which she deserves to be nowhere near.

Flyweight rankings make no sense, with ten fighters having down arrows next to their name, with nobody having an up arrow. :confused:

Bantamweights, Aldana and Lansberg switch spots.

Here ya go.. full story...

UFC FLYWEIGHT SUSPENDED UNTIL 2044
Italian fighter handed second 15 year ban by National Anti Doping Agency
109_Mara_Romero_Borella-Cropped-933x400.jpg

https://mma-today.com/ufc-flyweight-suspended-until-2044

Flyweight rankings make no sense, with ten fighters having down arrows next to their name, with nobody having an up arrow. :confused:.

Barb Honchak was removed from the rankings last week

edit: oh hang on, that made everyone go up one... um...

i think its related to that, because of Barbs removal it triggered a -1 which they have now compensated for somehow.. fuck knows..

but its related to the barb thing..

Does anyone have any idea what Mara Romero Borella ingested
to get an initial ban of 2029 since that is a long time for a failed drug
test.

Somehow Waterson stays put at 7, which she deserves to be nowhere near.
I'll fight you.

I honestly think Michelle is perfectly ranked. I very much believe she beats Herrig or Esparza. I also think she would have beat Torres if not for extenuating circumstances.

I guess we will see in 3 weeks. Can't wait!

Back