Official Women's Division Discussion #25

If Roxanne eventually gets tired of something, particularly tired enough to say something, well, that is one of the warning signs of the apocalypse.

Not often I have the chance to post something like this, but oddly appropriate here.

horse.jpg

She finally gets something good for her career and something like this happens. She is such a nice person to.
"3:45 AM PT -- Honolulu police tell TMZ they have opened a felony domestic violence investigation."

I grew up in the ghetto so I have been caught in crossfire before and seen a lot of terrible stuff in my life but somehow I never been exposed to domestic violence. I would have never thought there were so many woman beaters in the world. I am sad to say being a WMMA fan has opened my eyes to this terrible side of the world.

"3:45 AM PT -- Honolulu police tell TMZ they have opened a felony domestic violence investigation."

I grew up in the ghetto so I have been caught in crossfire before and seen a lot of terrible stuff in my life but somehow I never been exposed to domestic violence. I would have never thought there were so many woman beaters in the world. I am sad to say being a WMMA fan has opened my eyes to this terrible side of the world.

Lucky you.

Way too much of that shit in the neighborhood where I grew up. Fucking assholes. I cannot stand when some punk-ass mother fucker puts his hands on a god damn woman. No better way to tell the world you are a worthless piece of shit. Any guy who does that has no right to claim testicles.

Whoever the assailant is that injured Rachael Ostovich I hope it ain't
her husband because that would look incredibly bad on him knowing
that his MMA license can be revoked for legal issues involving a felony.

Combate 26 results: Yajaira "Shoko late" Romo defeats Irene Cabello Rivera by UD (30-27 all).

I haven't had time to catch the replay yet, only the third round live. The judges were acting like it could have gone either way, and were shocked by three 30-27 scores.

Of course, they were in Monterey, Romo's hometown.

We probably have the next Bellator Hot Girl.
Valerie Loureda

Well, looks like it's official

Not many TKD fighters in WMMA (or MMA in general) so it'll be interesting to see how far she goes.

Well, looks like it's official

Not many TKD fighters in WMMA (or MMA in general) so it'll be interesting to see how far she goes.

Not a big fan of ladies making their debuts on the big Bellator stage.look what happened to Hardy and Brooke Mayo. Of course I want the ladies to get paid as well as possible, but the big stage puts big pressure on these ladies, which many of them aren’t ready for at the start of their careers.

Very excited to see how she adapts her TKD to mma.

Just saw on her Facebook Ji Yeon Seo is going to work on getting down to 48kg (atomweight) after losing a rematch to Ye Dam Seo (no relation) at TFC 19 Friday. Ji Yeon has fought between 110lb catchweights and strawweight, with a few fights at flyweight thrown in. Looking at her stats, she weighed in as low as 108.5lbs (49.2kg).

Getting down to atomweight would certainly get her one step closer to her goal of one day fight Road FC atomweight champ Ham. Of course, the bigger hurdle would be getting out of her contract with TFC and signed by Road FC.

Not a big fan of ladies making their debuts on the big Bellator stage.look what happened to Hardy and Brooke Mayo. Of course I want the ladies to get paid as well as possible, but the big stage puts big pressure on these ladies, which many of them aren’t ready for at the start of their careers.

Very excited to see how she adapts her TKD to mma.
Hopefully the Olympic Experience helps with the pressure. If she does well, she’s going to be a big star.

Hopefully the Olympic Experience helps with the pressure. If she does well, she’s going to be a big star.
Someone in the other thread put up one of her Amateur fights and I could not tell which one I was meant to be watching. I should not have problems figuring out which fighter is the "TKD master". Within 10 seconds I knew exactly which fighter was the Olympic level Judoka while watching Ronda's Amateur fights. I admit this is very early and I could be wrong but I am getting Heather Hardy vibes from her. I was expecting Hardy to have great standup in comparison to the level of fighter she was fighting but that was never the case.

Loureda wasn't impressive in her ammy fights I watched. Her kicks are slow, lack power, and she seems to throw random but flashy stuff - has a good side kick but rarely uses it. She needs to develop a jab and, in general, her boxing needs work. I also question how athletic she is...

I can also see someone with quick, strong leg kicks chopping away at her stance and plodding footwork.

Last edited:
I should not have problems figuring out which fighter is the "TKD master".

This irritates me somewhere on the high side of my colon. At 20 years old, you are not the master of shit.

Maybe gymnastics, but that is because you cannot afford to grow. But a martial art? Sorry, kid. Come back after somebody feeds and waters you for a while.

Someone in the other thread put up one of her Amateur fights and I could not tell which one I was meant to be watching. I should not have problems figuring out which fighter is the "TKD master". Within 10 seconds I knew exactly which fighter was the Olympic level Judoka while watching Ronda's Amateur fights. I admit this is very early and I could be wrong but I am getting Heather Hardy vibes from her. I was expecting Hardy to have great standup in comparison to the level of fighter she was fighting but that was never the case.

Maybe I glanced at the same video on youtube, my thoughts ......yes, pretty hot, striking not bad, certainly better than the other girl ..... then it turns out the other girl is Loureda.

Getting a little worried Grace Gundrum might not be at EBI.... They haven't put up one profile thing of her, and I haven't heard anything.

Reading the article, she has switched to ATT since those Amy fights or at least switched to a different coach.

Just finished up my latest weekly stream. Find out who gets the shame bell for missing weight!

Reading the article, she has switched to ATT since those Amy fights or at least switched to a different coach.

I'd say that's promising. ATT has done a pretty good job at teaching fighters the fundamentals and building their skills from the ground up.

Back