Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Some good amateur fights to watch out for.

49012553_2243375985681473_5317795284888059904_n.jpg

Hannah Scoggins will fight Kristi Garr for 864 FC. Both can consider themselves to be two of the best amateur Atomweights in the country.

Kristi is a 4x Collegiate All American Wrestler, Olympic Trial Qualifier, and USA World Team Member who made the transition to MMA a year ago. In that time she has amassed a 3-1 record with her one defeat being up a weight class on 24 hours notice out of state. Kristi trains at Team SFS and is a main training partner of Alesha Zappitella and Amanda Cooper.

Hannah is a 6-1 amateur competitor who has a well rounded game of striking & jiu jitsu, who was recently crowned champion for 864 FC after a decision victory over the highly regarded Elle Wagman. Scoggins is also the wife of UFC veteran Justin Scoggins.

poster-hunting-season.jpg

Meaghan Penning (2-0) will fight Lindsay Wilson (2-1) at Flyweight at KOTC: Hunting Season. Penning is from Michigan but has been training at FIT NHB in New Mexico. KOTC seems to be behind her since she won the KOTC Amateur Contract earlier this year. She also has a win over Kristi Garr at Flyweight after Garr moved up two weight classes and took the fight on 24 hr notice. Penning was formerly a ring card girl for KOTC but transitioned into the sport a few years ago. I don't know much about Wilson except her loss was to undefeated Kirstina Leonard (4-0) in 2016. She won by Split Decision this past April in her KOTC debut.

Last edited:

Thanks for that video. Davidsdottir is kind of a little tank, I was impressed with how Lookboonmee was able to take her down. Those muay thai trips are a thing of beauty to me, they usually seem to take so little effort. The definition of using the opponent's momentum against them, I guess.

Lots of analysis.
And even claims comparing Suarez and Khabib is a compliment to Khabib.

This fight won't happen, so what's point of this?
Jedrzejczyk will struggle with fighter mixing strking and takedowns. How much she will struggle will depend on physical strength of her oponnent (something Gadelha was not able to do, and Shevchenko was able)
Can Suarez mix things? What about her striking? How she will react, when she will be punched in her face? So many questions, so few answers. Cooper, Grasso, Esparza is not some great resume also. She was eager to wrestle to Esparza (who is small strawweight) and was not able to finish her while completly dominating ( stoppage was kinda weird).
Khabib is basicly fighter who missed weight few times, especially against wrestlers, his main attribute is physical strength, what exactly is exciting about him? His best win right now is former featherweight who is small lightweight (who was also large featherweight), when Khabib is former welterweight. I understand people don't like to listen about weight cutting and weight classes, but there's nothing special about Khabib as fighter, his main skill is weight cutting (if you can say about it fighter who missed weight few times).
Everything under heavweight is just participation award and race who will exploit system of weight classes as much as he can, you can see it over and over again. Guys from lightweight division looking like slender heavyweights so i can take them seriously and without grain of salt.
So what exactly is exciting and good about fighters, when their main attribute is physical strength and once they will face physically stronger oponnent they will fail?Because it is what will happen to Khabib or Suarez when they.
And I can say it same about Anrade who is no 1 wsw. She is former wbw overpowering wsw's. Yeah she kinda small, but won't be surprised if she is 140 lbs during fight.
I understand: mma took weight classes from other combat sport, but whole culture around is more wrestlng-orientated than boxing-orientated, and we know how exciting wrestling is as sport?

Any weigh-in news on Cat and Megan yet?
Cat made weight but Megan is supposedly close but is having issues. Everyone knows the hardest lbs to lose is the last few. I hope she makes weight.

Last edited:
Cat made weight but Megan is supposedly close but is having issues. Everyone knows the hardest lbs to lose is the last few. I hope she makes weight.
She made weight at 146.

Last edited:
The change in venue makes it harder too. For everybody. Something else the UFC does not seem to give a shit about.
No one can argue against that. To move a whole fight card just so Jon Jones can fight is saying no one else on the card matter and the fans who bought tickets in LV also does not matter.

No one can argue against that. To move a whole fight card just so Jon Jones can fight is saying no one else on the card matter and the fans who bought tickets in LV also does not matter.
Because to the UFC they truly don’t. If Jones’ average ppv is, let’s say, 700k, at $65 each, that’s 45.5m. Even if what Dana said about the move costing $6m, that’s still $39m.

That’s why the only way to show the UFC what they did is fucked, is for people to not buy this ppv. Sadly, I think it still does well, because most fans watching at home don’t give a fuck where the venue is.

Yep.

Going to stop here.

Back