Official Women's Division Discussion #27

As a former champ who has kept at it for the last five years Esparza deserves another crack at the title. I'm glad they've moved on from Rose, who would only hold up the division anyway. Weili has only had five fights in the UFC, so we don't know for sure how she's going to perform against a grappler.

It's an interesting matchup even though the heavies will tell us it's a dreadful mismatch. Dana did look a bit nervous when he announced it though, maybe expecting a backlash.

I was not aware of how many people hate Carla. There is a thread on the main area which is just them hating on her possibly getting the title fight.

it's the same everywhere (Reddit, Twitter, anywhere), always is when Carla is involved. Nobody gives her hespect for being the champ, nobody gives her hespect for still being top 10 after all these years, or being on a great win streak, all while being undersized. It's always just 'hurr durr Joanna fight hurr'.

Now you know why I have to act the way I do ;)
emojidex_yin-yang_262f_mysmiley.net.png

and how it'd make it so much sweeter if she won. Would finally put some lasting (and deserved) hespect on dat name.
<DC-Champ>

I got a question how much could Jozette Cotton possibly weigh if she missed weight
by 30 pounds or did she even try to make weight at all.

I got a question how much could Jozette Cotton possibly weigh if she missed weight

They were still advertising for an opponent on Ist December, but hey Jozette still got down to 180!

Meh. I'll believe it when the contract's signed and fight posters are made. This is the same organization that announced Eubanks vs. Shevchenko to try and force Joanna into fighting a month earlier than agreed.

You may well be right but in this case it's entirely justified, Weili can't wait around for ever for Rose's stars to be in alignment.

Some people on Twitter said it, but also a certain “network” or channels on YouTube that like driving narratives, led by a certain Clown Shoes Harris

Not every YouTuber is a biased "know it all", but Clown Shoes and his fellow Addict narrator speak out of their narcissistic asses quite often, unfortunately they have followers who agree with them and spread those ideas around online.

She said she'd make 155, not 150 as originally intended. That's why she accepted the bout, she WAS willing to cut the weight on short notice. But it seems (unsurprisingly) that she was out of shape.

I just lost all sympathy I had left for her, she hyped herself up so much and made a fool of herself. Her frame isn't that big, she's just carrying too much extra weight (she's got love handles), it's a discipline issue and she HAD to be aware of her weight before signing the contract and giving out interviews (otherwise why would she claim she wouldn't make 150 within the time frame?) trying to sell herself at the expense of Harrison. So much for "She made it seem like no one wants to fight her. As long as I'm around, there's always an opponent to fight", at Middlewight it seems.

https://mymmanews.com/jozette-cotton-looking-for-redemption-in-rematch-against-kayla-harrison/

^ Interview with Cotton from a couple of days ago, where she speaks about a supposed knee injury in their first fight, how she's always around to fight anyone, how Harrison didn't dominate Courtney King, how she's expecting to stop Harrison in a rematch, how she's willing to make 155, and how she wants to beat up Kayla "and send her back to PFL, because they made a weight class for her and only her".

Last edited:
Call me crazy but I am happy that Carla is getting the title short instead of Rose. I love everything about Rose but she only fights once a year. If she were to win again it would stunt 115. Now we know what happened between Carla and Ribas. I guess the UFC seen that the Rose fight was not going to happen so they kept Carla as a backup option.
Even as a big fan oh rose I have to agree.
And honestly carla done everything she needed to to get another chance at the title, I don't think it will be competitive but she's earned the right to prove us wrong. Plus the sooner we see more Zhang the better.

I'd be happy to never hear cotton name again that bitch is ruining opportunities for real fighters.

Maybe Kayla and Chandler can get booked now tho with the beef it's gotten me interested and I'll be mildly dissapointed if we don't get the payoff.

This is her second 20+ pound weight miss, the other one was her fight in Bellator.

Based on her appearance in and out of the cage I believe that she probably has no idea what she’s doing, or any good coaches. If she actually wants to fight... it’s way overdue to move on from what must be a local karate school. (Personally I think she’s a lost cause but who am I to judge someone’s dreams)

This is her second 20+ pound weight miss, the other one was her fight in Bellator.

Based on her appearance in and out of the cage I believe that she probably has no idea what she’s doing, or any good coaches. If she actually wants to fight... it’s way overdue to move on from what must be a local karate school. (Personally I think she’s a lost cause but who am I to judge someone’s dreams)

But in all fairness at least Tonya Evinger is in some kind of shape that ain't fit but at least she makes
weight most of the time.

Second greatest GIF ever, and I imagine you doing exactly that upon hearing Carla getting another shot at the title.

I have no problem with Carla fighting for the title. Let's face it, Rose takes to long to get ready for fights...or even to agree to get ready for fights. And, I think Carla takes Weili down early in the first. From that point on...I think Carla struggles and gets put away (unless she gets a miracle RNC). But, no one can deny that Carla deserves a title shot. She has the GOAT resume in women's straw weight and she wins a lot. Just my personal preference: I wanted to see Yan vs. Zhang (because I love violence).

Jarl

Friday December 18, 2020

[KICKBOXING] RISE 144 Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Main Card – Abema TV – 3:45am ET / 12:45am PT
Tsukuru Midorikawa vs. Yuya
Kazuma vs. Taisuke Maeguchi
Manazo Kobayashi vs. Suzuka Tabuchi
Kiri Matsutani vs. Guriko Sato
Atsumu vs. Yuzuki Sakai
Yurika Jimbo vs. AKARI
Yu Kato vs. Tomoya Aoki

[MMA] CFFC 91 Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Elise Reed vs. Jillian DeCoursey

Saturday December 19

[KICKBOXING] Krush 120 Tokyo, Japan
Main Card – Abema TV / GAORA – 3:30am ET / 12:30am PT
Yuri Morikawa vs. Nozomi Sigemura

[MMA] DEEP JEWELS 31 Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Main Card – iPPV – 4:30am ET / 1:30am PT
Saori Oshima vs. Si Woo Park
Miki Motono vs. Seika Izawa
Mika Arai vs. Mikiko Shimizu
Otoha Nagao vs. Mika Sakamoto
Marina Kumagai vs. Kate Lotus
Moeri Suda vs. Moe Sasaki

[BOXING] Sturm vs. Rost Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Main Card – iPPV (Fite.tv) – 11:15am ET / 8:15am PT
Lucy Wildheart vs. Gabriella Mezei
Marianne Ahlborg vs. Borislava Goranova

[BOXING] Makabu vs. Durodola Kinshasa, Congo
Main Card – TBD – 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT
Anisha Basheel vs. Therese Naomie Yumba
Sakobi vs. Zalia

[MMA] CTF 3 Asuncion, Paraguay
Bragayrac vs. Ortigoza
Main Card – iPPV – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT

[MMA] UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Neal Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card – ESPN+ – 7:00pm ET / 4:00pm PT
Gillian Robertson vs. Taila Santos
Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
Pannie Kianzad vs. Sijara Eubanks

Sunday December 20

[MMA] Shooto 2020 Vol. 8 Osaka, Japan
Main Card – Abema TV – 2:30am ET / 11:30pm PT

[GRAPPLING] CJJW 2020: The Female Flyweights Cancun, Mexico
Featuring Pearl Gonzalez, Liz Tracy, Nikki Sullivan, Rachael Cummins, Gabby Romero, Jessica Delboni, Carina Damm, Briana Ste-Marie and Halle Berry (j/k)
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 3:00pm ET / 12:00pm PT

[GRAPPLING] Submission Underground 19 Portland, Oregon, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Amanda Loewen vs. Felicia Spencer

https://grabakahitman.com

Back