Official Women's Division Discussion #27

If you win 2 clear rounds and the decision doesnt go your way its still a robbery imo.
While that can be the case if a large majority of fans and media, and statistics backed up the 2 rounds should have been for one fighter. This fight is clearly not a robbery as the numbers show it's 50/50 as they come and the edge actually goes to the winner because more people who disagree will enter a score.

You may enjoy this site, it's cool for seeing how your scoring compares to media members & fans.
http://mmadecisions.com/decision/12896/Gloria-de-Paula-vs-Diana-Belbita
In this one the media members & fans who scored it were pretty evenly split.

Ack, bummed about Lipski. And bummed that I had to go from one fight where I don't wanna really pick a side to another one where I don't really wanna pick a side. Have to choose JJ as my girl here again too - will the legend of undefeated bare midriff Aldrich continue?!

I just took another look at the 135 roster. It's depressing.
UFC needs to go on a recruiting spree or that division's going to be as dead as 145 before too long.

On the bright side, 125 is awesome and 115 just needs that logjam at the top to get cleared out with some fights.

Mazo vs. Maverick should be a banger; 125 turning into a shark tank.

Jarl
Most of us here that been pushing for the UFC to open 125 been saying it would be good from the start. It just needed time to grow. A few things slowed down the progress a bit but we got here anyway. The only problem now is that the division's potential is mostly tied up in young talent. So they are not even close to being ready for a complete fighter of the skill level of Valentina yet. Since it is packed with young talent that also means it's level will continue to grow as that talent gains experience and more talent is added over time. I personally think 105 is in the same boat. If given time to grow it will fight with 125 for second best WMMA division.

If anything I would like to see Alexis Davis go to Invicta since she is what is needed which is someone who doesn't miss weight or
pull out of fights which is something Invicta could use.

Back