Official Women's Division Discussion #27

I said this before but I don't get why these WMMA girls train at Syndicate. It seems like the only one it worked out for was Roxy. If we are being honest things might have been better if she joined a better gym. I used to love watching Cynthia fight and now she is close to joining my don't watch list. After the first minute or two I turned that fight off. You could already tell it was going to be boring. Since the UFC did not tweet out 1 highlight I can tell I made the right decision.

TBF Cynthia has been kinda like that before she was at Syndicate - (? I don't know when she joined; I know she left TAM and was training mostly with that striking coach guy I can't remember the name of for a while? I think not at Syndicate? ) - but her performances were the same since then. She's got an exciting top game (...well, not anymore it seems) but she just spars weakly on the feet and seldom goes for takedowns (and her TD's aren't that great). The Calderwood fight was the template for everything since. At least she tried a few more TD's in this one, than in that one.

In her fights vs Cooper and Gonzales, I don't think ppl realised how effective she was on the top, but since then they've been ready and easily denied her that position (plus she denies it herself, by rarely trying TDs and instead points-sparring 80% of the time)

plus, she seems mentally checked out lately (Nunes retired, but Calvillo has fought like a retiree for her last 4 in a row).

Why did Loopy barely try to wrestle this fight? She tried one good attempt at a takedown while I am typing this. Loopy could have won this fight easy if she tried to wrestle more instead of a striking fight. This is before the winner is announced but I am real disappointed with her gameplan. It is a good fight though.

Why did Loopy barely try to wrestle this fight? She tried one good attempt at a takedown while I am typing this. Loopy could have won this fight easy if she tried to wrestle more instead of a striking fight. This is before the winner is announced but I am real disappointed with her gameplan. It is a good fight though.
Loopy deserved that loss. What a terrible gameplan vs someone who is mostly a striker with bad grappling.

It may seem grouchy to criticise a fighter for wanting (and succeeding) to put on an exciting fight, but I can't help mostly feeling growing annoyance at watching someone (Loopy) fight so dumb lol.

I guess that's the divide between just bleed bros™ from the 'muh sweet science' dorks

It may seem grouchy to criticise a fighter for wanting (and succeeding) to put on an exciting fight, but I can't help mostly feeling growing annoyance at watching someone (Loopy) fight so dumb lol.

I guess that's the divide between just bleed bros™ from the 'muh sweet science' dorks
WTF was she thinking. She had a clear path to victory and said you know what I'm going to take a detour instead.

She embraced her Mexican roots and decided that boxing in an MMA fight is the way to go.

someone needs to give her (and Lobo gym) some of these things as a reminder being Mexican isn't all about trying to be DLH or Canelo

_111888676_gettyimages-1220251618.jpg

Zombie Girl just made me another nice chunk of change. Such a nice matchup for her...amazing she was the underdog.

On a positive note, Cachoeira became the butt of people jokes after the beating she took from Valentina but she has put together a nice UFC career after that. I still think she should have been cut for trying to gouge someone's eye out.

The more Cachoeira wins, the dumber her future opponents fight, the more she wins. It’s a strange cycle.

The key to beating Cachoeira is to simply not stand in front of her, and her opponents keep standing in front of her.
<TheWire1>

What happens if she fights Alexa Grasso in the near future?
<JerryWWF>

Has there ever been a more disappointing hyped fighter than Lipski? All I been hearing about was how amazing she was in KSW. She has been booty cheeks 90% of the time I watched her.

Well, you know the reason for a lot of the interest. That being said, she did well at lesser levels because she is more athletic than a lot of women. Her skills and fight IQ leave quite a bit to be desired.

Friendship ended with Loopy
Jauregui now new latest Mexican best girl
Xuh throwing out his Godinez waifu pillow like

upload_2022-8-13_21-55-26.jpeg

a lot of people on the social medias confused why this fight was on the main card. More people need to watch the smaller shows. Jauregui won a single night tournament last year, finishing two of them. Plus, you can literally see Tijuana from the outskirts of San Diego. UFC found a potential Mexican Strawweight star, which they’ve been missing since Grasso’s move to flyweight.

Back