Old school classmates who did something great or awful.

One of the girls on our swim team went on to become an SI swimsuit model.

model-estella-warren-poses-for-the-2000-sports-illustrated-swimsuit-issue-on-august-20-1999-in.jpg

My homeboy from middle school and High School Ryan Braun went to the MLB and won Rookie of the year and 6 time all star appearances and an MVP. I have a lot of hilarious stories of debauchery with the guy I would never share online though…. but let’s just say we had some great times partying over the years.

giphy.gif

Also the famous skateboarder Paul Rodriguez was my best friend in elementary school. We grew apart after 6th grade though.

There’s also a lot of murderers and bank robbers etc etc from my HS but I assume it’s like that for most big schools across the country. I would rather glorify the positive examples.

A few highlights:

-Grade above mine but Hayden Panettiere was at my school. Everyone loved when she got beat up at the Black & White Dance lmao
-One of my best friends was the Rescue Pack in "Go Diego Go"
-Guy from my grade went viral when someone took a picture of him w/ Peter Dinklage and photoshopped Grumpycat in
-My sister's ex-husband used to play shows with Coheed & Cambria when they were still Shabutie -- I've ran into a few of them at various points around town
-Ezra Miller went to school with folks from my HS music scene. When all his recent madness happened they all posted that he's always been like this lol

The most successful people never do

9. Colonel Sanders
Colonel Harland Sanders overcame his lack of education to become the biggest drumstick in the fried chicken business. His father died when he was 6 years old, and since his mother worked, he was forced to cook for the family. After dropping out of the seventh grade, Sanders worked many jobs, including firefighter, steamboat driver and insurance salesman. He later earned a law degree from a correspondence school. Sanders' cooking and business experience helped him make millions as the founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (now KFC).

https://people.howstuffworks.com/15-notable-people-who-dropped-out-of-school.htm
The kid wins again ;)

I do make a mean piece of fried chicken

From my graduation year no one in particular, but two girls won miss Hawaii back to back years. If you're talking the entire high school while I was there Clarissa Chun won bronze in freestyle wrestling at the 2012 Olympics. She was a badass at both judo and wrestling and a year younger than me. Chad Owens played in the NFL, but only briefly. He basically choked during the first couple of games and just couldn't hang with the top dogs, but he became a badass in the CFL. He was 2 years younger than me.

Also Bruno Mars went to my high school, but a couple years after I graduated. He went there when my sister was there though. He use to hang out with one of my best friend's little brother. They use to play music in the basement at one of our friends home jamming all the time. I never paid any attention to them, but crazy to think he ended up being a superstar. Also one of them became a pro MMA fighter, but never made it to UFC.

Also not that he did anything awful (that I'm aware of), but my best friend ever that I went to school with since 2nd grade became homeless about 12-13 years ago. Drugs, alcohol and likely mental illness. I would see him on the streets every time I visited, but after a couple of years he disappeared. I thought he was either dead or in prison. Just earlier this year my cousin texted me and took a pic of him crossing the street pushing a shopping cart full of stuff. Glad to see he is alive, but my guess he was in prison for a long time.

Last edited:
Guy from High School went back to my HS as a teacher and got busted for banging one of his students.

Now that particular High School had a tradition of that kind of thing and was very experienced at looking the other way. As a general rule the student body was a buffet for middle aged predators. It was almost a job perk. However this guy made the mistake of banging a teenage boy And that, the school could not abide. Dude went right to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I went to the school that started the pink shirt bullshit, knew both guys involved. The guy who was “bullied” was a bully himself, the other guy who was the bully in that situation was alright, but would soon go on to stab somebody LMAO. He also dated a teacher. She was cute tbh. But had poor taste and judgement. Sabotaged her engagement for a delinquent teenager. Imagine.

One classmate raped and killed his uncle's wife, one classmate was a part of a gang which locked a guy in his car and burned him alive, and one classmate got in a drunk argument and beat a guy to death with a shovel over a 10 euro debt.

And that was while I was still going to school. I didn't keep contact with my schoolmates after graduation, so who knows what else they have done.

Holy fuck... you must be from a rough town... Jesus.

No idea for the most part. I know one that was partners in a building company (built my garage in my first house) and a couple became strippers which was fun... apart from that who knows or cares really as it was a LONG ass time ago.

My homeboy from middle school and High School Ryan Braun went to the MLB and won Rookie of the year and 6 time all star appearances and an MVP. I have a lot of hilarious stories of debauchery with the guy I would never share online though…. but let’s just say we had some great times partying over the years.

giphy.gif

Also the famous skateboarder Paul Rodriguez was my best friend in elementary school. We grew apart after 6th grade though.

There’s also a lot of murderers and bank robbers etc etc from my HS but I assume it’s like that for most big schools across the country. I would rather glorify the positive examples.
Do you know the chick that gave him the herp

i had a classmate who's brother had a very popular Playstation game named after him

i know more that a few that die because of heroin

One of the guys I graduated with is now considered one of the best trumpeters in the country. I know it isn't much, but it's pretty cool.

I went to School with one of the best Cellist in the Country, Viktor Krauss. Allison Krauss, his famous younger sister, has won dozens of Grammy's. Make no mistake though, as kids, Vik was considered the more gifted of the two.

Not a Classmate because She went to School across Town. We were on the same "Team" as kids, but I'll refrain from saying "Teammates" since I never competed beyond the local level. I skated with heavily decorated Olympian Bonnie Blair a hell of a lot in the 70's in to the early 80's. Both on Ice, and on Roller Skates.

Reo Speedwagon is from here. The younger brother of Bassist Bruce Hall was one of my stoner buddies in High School. He later went on to become an Administrator where a couple of My kids went to HS. It never felt right talking to a former pot head turned Assistant Principal. We literally got caught in the act of Chiefing in a car parked INSIDE the School Auto Shop. 30 years later his concern for my kid passing notes in class just doesn't come off as genuine. (Benedict Arnold Mofo lmao)

Back