Olympics Megathread

I've never seen anything like it. How the fuck can you quit in the middle of an Olympics but then give no reason why? She's not injured, so, yea, this is one of the strangest things I've ever seen in sports. I've seen athletes win, I've seen them lose, I've even seen them quit, but I've never seen one as big as her quit while it appears she's completely healthy and then refuse to explain why she quit. She's being protected by everyone involved at this point.

Her teammates and coaches know why she quit and they aren't saying, and the media isn't saying.
I wouldn’t be surprised if she had a personal problem with someone on the team and decided they’d punish them by not competing.

I've never seen anything like it. How the fuck can you quit in the middle of an Olympics but then give no reason why? She's not injured, so, yea, this is one of the strangest things I've ever seen in sports. I've seen athletes win, I've seen them lose, I've even seen them quit, but I've never seen one as big as her quit while it appears she's completely healthy and then refuse to explain why she quit. She's being protected by everyone involved at this point.

Her teammates and coaches know why she quit and they aren't saying, and the media isn't saying.
I’ve heard that the IOC publicly stated that they weren’t awarding points above a certain degree of difficulty. Sounds like she was getting royally screwed simply for being the best. Edit: To clarify, unconfirmed.

Even if that’s the case, protest the individual events—don’t quit on your team.

It’s akin to Brady walking on his teammates at half time in the Super Bowl because they were getting screwed by the NFL and refs. He’d be public enemy #1, and rightly so.

Last edited:
Imagine having the chance at gold if the best member of your team goes out there and just has an average day, only to be left battling for silver after the best member of your team backs out during the event because she’s not feeling it.

I have great respect for the rest of the US team for digging deep and getting a silver when there was no guarantee they could pull it off.

I’m sure Biles is dealing with a lot, and I have no idea what it must be like to deal with sexual abuse. BUT, she chose to be on the team and compete (and kept someone else off the team that would kill to be in that spot). She made a commitment to her team. I have no sympathy for her pulling this bullshit mid competition.

"Biles later said that she was dealing with a number of mental health issues, including an intense pressure to achieve perfection and fear of how she would be judged by the public at large."

The movie is already writing itself, she'll overcome her crippling mental illness in two days to win gold.

"Biles later said that she was dealing with a number of mental health issues, including an intense pressure to achieve perfection and fear of how she would be judged by the public at large."

The movie is already writing itself, she'll overcome her crippling mental illness in two days to win gold.
She’s already started. In an incredible show of strength, she was able to bravely muster the fortitude to stand on the podium in the medal ceremony and get the silver her team won in her absence.

I’ve heard that the IOC publicly stated that they weren’t awarding points above a certain degree of difficulty. Sounds like she was getting royally screwed simply for being the best.
Where are you reading that? Difficulty scores are uncapped. Biles and her coach have complained about the difficult scores for some of her routines, but they haven't provided an objective basis to dispute how the score is reached. They've said it is "inconsistent", but they haven't specified how.

Biles mentally melted.

And they put together a special montage to run damage control for her and Osaka. It's disgusting. I'm so tired of this hero worship for people can't live up to the billing. If she were a white, male, openly outspoken conservative/Republican white athlete, instead of the black, female, openly outspoken progressive that she is, they'd been torching her right now.

It's very obvious, fall in line or be labelled the big r word and maybe a side of sexism

Where are you reading that? Difficulty scores are uncapped. Biles and her coach have complained about the difficult scores for some of her routines, but they haven't provided an objective basis to dispute how the score is reached. They've said it is "inconsistent", but they haven't specified how.
Unconfirmed and probably just spin to make her out to be the victim here.

Biles mentally melted.

And they put together a special montage to run damage control for her and Osaka. It's disgusting. I'm so tired of this hero worship for people can't live up to the billing. If she were a white, male, openly outspoken conservative/Republican white athlete, instead of the black, female, openly outspoken progressive that she is, they'd been torching her right now.
Lmao. Didn’t know Marce Porter took over this account.

Biles mentally melted.

<BidenShutIt>

I’ve heard that the IOC publicly stated that they weren’t awarding points above a certain degree of difficulty. Sounds like she was getting royally screwed simply for being the best. Edit: To clarify, unconfirmed.

She has been landing horrible all week, that makes it sound like they want to run her scores just based on atleticism to cover her landings, I think someone mentioned something similar before how her scores were high getting crappy landings under the she is so strong excuse.

simone-biles.jpg

Last edited:
The Games are extremely stressful, something someone trains and mentally prepares for YEARS in advance.

But...oops, feeling really weird right now. I'm out.

Different ways to look at it for sure. One is very sympathetic and supportive but without any real substantiative conclusion. An alternate viewpoint, while supportive to an extent, focuses
more on lack of dedication and commitment to achieving a definitive goal regardless of personal strife, physical or mental.

The only athletes I've seen withdraw for 'personal reasons' are Americans. Please correct me if I'm wrong. America is now allowing and endorsing quitters as it's
global representatives.

Not confidence inducing IMO.

Only Biles knows if she quit because the mental issues caused missing the lading on the vault or missing the vault caused the mental issues

Simon is obviously a REAL fighter, as opposed to a bunch of karate forum dorks

<BronTroll1>

It seems like many of today's Olympians don't have that mental toughness. I find it hard to believe that you just quit on your team when you're the best in the World. I remember Kerri Strug doing a vault with a badly injured leg to help Team USA win the team gold.

Didn't Kurt Angle win Olympic Gold with a broken neck?

word on the street is she can't do shit without adderall, which is banned in japan, even though she had an exemption for it. this is unconfirmed, but seems possible.

also, the press have absolutely no shame whatsoever. the spin is disgusting.
she's actually a winner, you racists!
1627417895617.jpg

Back