One Championship Finances

5k to fight and 5 to win sounds like a pretty reasonable pay for a 5-0 fighter who had never fought outside of small shows in his home country. It makes you wonder Why people are signing these contracts if they are underpaying everyone?

Katsumi's response was probably all that post deserved.

@Yrat
There's a catalogue of complaints you can have about the way ONE operates but I don't think underspending is one of them.

Compare the amount they pay vs the GDP/capita of the countries their fighters live and train (just for some perspective) :

Myanmar = $1,354/year
Philippines = $3,099
Indonesia = $3,788
Thailand = $7,084
Malaysia = $10,703
Russia = $10,743

Why do they pay Evolve fighters better I hear u ask?
Singapore GDP/capita = $61,230

Compared to the UFC which operates in the USA
USA = $59,531

$12k per fight for a Filipino champ could feel like $200k for an American.

Also, how good is Bigdash really? Frankly I'd say he is lower tier UFC quality for a middleweight.
He is being paid the market rate.

@Yrat
There's a catalogue of complaints you can have about the way ONE operates but I don't think underspending is one of them.

Compare the amount they pay vs the GDP/capita of the countries their fighters live and train (just for some perspective) :

Myanmar = $1,354/year
Philippines = $3,099
Indonesia = $3,788
Thailand = $7,084
Malaysia = $10,703
Russia = $10,743

USA = $59,531

Also, how good is Bigdash really? Frankly I'd say he is lower tier UFC quality for a middleweight.
Singapore is richer therefore their fighter have to be paid more. That's what I'm getting from this post.

Singapore is richer therefore their fighter have to be paid more. That's what I'm getting from this post.

Ya lor

Why would a company pay someone more than they would happily accept?

People with lower cost of living require lower income.

Maybe they deserve more but sadly that's not how these things work.

People who complain about UFC pay, contend that they don't share the profits with the fighters. These complaints don't apply to a company making no money.

Last edited:
Ya lor

People who complain about UFC pay, content that they don't give share the profits with the fighters. These complaints don't apply to a company making no money.
The problem is if Chatri is talking about treament but pays someone like Bigdash (their ex champ) that small amount it is definitely not a good treatment as he could make 10k+10k in UFC like the rest of their debutants does.

Its not worth to make less money but you have more viewers in ONE , you dont make money through PPV.

I am aware what you are talkin about but if UFC wil start to sign more fighters phillipines ONE would have problems, Brave already pays better for their Phillippine fighters.

So i would rather suggest everyone from SEA to consider Brave then ONE.

Also the fact they dont test fighters for doping make you wondering that kind of honor their champions have.

Most of the asian entrepreneurs are just a face, Jack Mas alibaba nobody cares about outside of asia.

Ya lor

People who complain about UFC pay, content that they don't give share the profits with the fighters. These complaints don't apply to a company making no money.
Yeah, I get that, I've worked with other nationalities too and most aren't worth there pay. The thing with the UFC is the better fighters (One's Filipino fighters) are paid better. Singaporean meritocracy at work.

@Yrat

Myanmar = $1,354/year
Philippines = $3,099
Indonesia = $3,788
Thailand = $7,084
Malaysia = $10,703
Russia = $10,743

USA = $59,531

Sorry but this is very stupid. Lol at paying professional athletes based on where they come from and live. Maybe Manny Pacquiao should be only paid $1 million per fight, because that could feel like $20 million for a Filipino?

Sorry but this is very stupid. Lol at paying professional athletes based on where they come from and live. Maybe Manny Pacquiao should be paid $1 million per fight, because that could feel like $20 million for a Filipino?
You don't pay someone based on where they live.

You pay them the minimum they're willing to accept, whether it's $1k or $1m.
My point was that - because they live in poor countries - they are actually making a good living by fighting in ONE...and that's where the comparison of the different countries comes in.

Its especially true as these fighters don't have many options. How many or ONEs Thai and Filipino fighters are being sought after by the UFC? They are only really valuable to ONE - the only player in this region.

And by the way, Manny Pacquiao is the richest and most famous athlete ever from southeast Asia. He's a special case.

Good point, but in UFC a thai or filipino newcomer will start at $10k/$10k, the same salary an american newcomer would start. And if the filipino becomes a champion, he won't get paid $30k/$30k, because that's enough to make a good living in his country. Manny Pacquiao is one of many examples of top athletes from third world countries.

Good point, but in UFC a thai or filipino newcomer will start at $10k/$10k, the same salary an american newcomer would start. And if the filipino becomes a champion, he won't get paid $30k/$30k, because that's enough to make a good living in his country. Manny Pacquiao is one of many examples of top athletes from third world countries.
Idk about $10k/$10k but I get what you're saying. All normal prospects ( non-wwe/hype job) pretty much receive the same base salary.

Back