One Credit Classics Videogaming Channel

I really hope your channel gets big. While I don't always have time to watch every video the ones I do watch are really well done. I'm 37 and started off with an Atari 2600 back in 1985, so there is some nostalgia for a lot of the games you run through. I still have all of my old systems and will dust them off from time to time, or fire up an emulator and some of these games are fucking hard as hell to go back to.

For example Karnov, Blaster Master, Battletoads, Mega Man II, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were all games that I either beat or got really close to beating as a kid and they are damn near impossible when I try and go back to them these days.

I have also always fired up Mike Tyson's Punch out at least once a year since I got the game in 1987 to run through it and beat Tyson. Somewhere around 2012 I couldn't beat it anymore. I'm sure I could if I sat down and fucked with it for a while, but it was always a second nature thing and it's not anymore. Either my reflexes have slowed down or the grinding style of modern games has caused the skills I had for retro games to plummet. Anyhow... Keep up the good work.

I really hope your channel gets big. While I don't always have time to watch every video the ones I do watch are really well done. I'm 37 and started off with an Atari 2600 back in 1985, so there is some nostalgia for a lot of the games you run through. I still have all of my old systems and will dust them off from time to time, or fire up an emulator and some of these games are fucking hard as hell to go back to.

For example Karnov, Blaster Master, Battletoads, Mega Man II, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were all games that I either beat or got really close to beating as a kid and they are damn near impossible when I try and go back to them these days.

I have also always fired up Mike Tyson's Punch out at least once a year since I got the game in 1987 to run through it and beat Tyson. Somewhere around 2012 I couldn't beat it anymore. I'm sure I could if I sat down and fucked with it for a while, but it was always a second nature thing and it's not anymore. Either my reflexes have slowed down or the grinding style of modern games has caused the skills I had for retro games to plummet. Anyhow... Keep up the good work.

I can't thank you enough for this post. It's so nice to hear such positive feedback on this channel and your feedback and kind words are what keeps me motivated to continually beat old games. It's funny isn't it, I always played a lot of old games but approaching them when I first started this channel I found the same thing that you described. The turning point for me was beating R-Type I think. It gave me a level of resolve that I didn't really know I had in me. It was a game changer in many respects. I really want to do Mike Tyson's Punch Out though. I like the idea of putting some time into that one! Thank you so much for watching the videos and I don't plan on stopping making them any time soon!

Episode 55 of One Credit Classics is now live!
The Karate Kid - NES - One Credit Clear

Episodes 13 & 14 of our Shining Force Multipart Longplay are now live.
I've got a bumper episode of One Credit Classics out tomorrow as well!

Which version buddy?

ok i realized i never answered this one, my bad, this version:

Battletoads_in_Battlemaniacs.png

i tried and failed so many times, just couldnt do it

I can't thank you enough for this post. It's so nice to hear such positive feedback on this channel and your feedback and kind words are what keeps me motivated to continually beat old games. It's funny isn't it, I always played a lot of old games but approaching them when I first started this channel I found the same thing that you described. The turning point for me was beating R-Type I think. It gave me a level of resolve that I didn't really know I had in me. It was a game changer in many respects. I really want to do Mike Tyson's Punch Out though. I like the idea of putting some time into that one! Thank you so much for watching the videos and I don't plan on stopping making them any time soon!

Just discovered this post as I don't usually venture into the gaming forum. I checked out your channel and it is binge watch worthy as hell!!
I'm not sure if you have done this but why not do a viewers request series? I know I'd like to see you try the Simpsons arcade game in one.... All the best with the channel, it's a cool concept.

ok i realized i never answered this one, my bad, this version:

Battletoads_in_Battlemaniacs.png

i tried and failed so many times, just couldnt do it

I shall have a look for next season.
I've heard so much about this one...

Just discovered this post as I don't usually venture into the gaming forum. I checked out your channel and it is binge watch worthy as hell!!
I'm not sure if you have done this but why not do a viewers request series? I know I'd like to see you try the Simpsons arcade game in one.... All the best with the channel, it's a cool concept.

Thanks very much and I'm glad you're enjoying it.
I'm definitely looking at some new content ideas for next season.
A viewer's request is a fantastic idea.
I've got a big video going up today in about 40 minutes as it happens.....

Speaking of ridiculously difficult games.
Episode 56 of One Credit Classics is now live.
Super Ghouls and Ghosts - SNES - One Credit Clear

Episode 57
Street Fighter 2: Special Champion Edition
Sega Megadrive/Genesis
One Credit Clear

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this Shining Force playthrough. One of my all-time favorites.

I was feeling some strategic urges recently, so I decided to try one of the SNES Fire Emblems (fan translation FTW). Firstly, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, is the most JRPG title of all time. Secondly, this game is a ball-buster. I got my dick knocked in the dirt so hard on the second level, I had to throw in the towel. Either this game is brutally hard, or I've become a jabroni in my old age. :eek:

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this Shining Force playthrough. One of my all-time favorites.

I was feeling some strategic urges recently, so I decided to try one of the SNES Fire Emblems (fan translation FTW). Firstly, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War, is the most JRPG title of all time. Secondly, this game is a ball-buster. I got my dick knocked in the dirt so hard on the second level, I had to throw in the towel. Either this game is brutally hard, or I've become a jabroni in my old age. :eek:

I'm so glad you're enjoying it my friend, it was a load of fun to put together. There's another 5 parts of the Shining Force Longplay left and I know one of them is a pretty long video as well. I'm such a big fan of the whole franchise and I've beaten both games more times than I care to remember! I always remember the Fire Emblem games being ridiculously unforgiving and that whole, if someone dies they're dead for good thing is savage. It's nice to do something that's a bit longer form as well for a multipart. I've always been a massive fan of RPGs in general, there's a good chance I'll do Secret of Mana at some point.

Part 17 & 18 of our Shining Force Multipart Longplay are now live!

Watched this, your Mega Man 2, your Double Dragon and Streets of Rage 2 videos last week. Keep up the good work!

Thank you so much, I'm glad you enjoyed them! I'm not planning on stopping anytime soon to be honest with you. I've got 2 more videos out this season then we'll have a break but I've got a load of games in the pipeline after that!

Episode 58 is live!
Ghouls and Ghosts
Sega Master System
One Credit Clear

You did Super Ghouls and Ghosts a couple of weeks ago iirc. Any plans for Ghosts and Goblins on NES?

Yeah I did Super Ghouls and Ghosts a few weeks back, I was pleased with that.
I love the entire series but I think my next game will be the arcade version of Ghouls and Ghosts. I've been playing that quite a bit.
I can see me taking Ghosts and Goblins out at some point though, It's still so playable isn't it.

Love these classics bro, keep up the good work, long road ahead, you got this.

Back