News ONE FC double champion Reinier De Ridder wants to reach triple-champ status, before switch to UFC

Depending who the heavyweight champ, I could see if pull it off.

I watched his fights, and at 185 I could see him in the top 10 to 15 just because his ground game is high level like Demian Maia and he does a better job with getting guys to the ground.
Maia was perennial top 5. Both at MW and WW. From your analysis he'd surely be top 5 as well, if not higher.

Well, any top 20. It's apples to oranges at this point. Nobody he's fought has any clear comparison to ranked fighters, so it's kind of impossible to say how either bigdash or de ridder would do against ranked opponents

Kind of like Ben askren, as I say. The questions around askren were never really answered. He lost to a flying knee which didn't tell us much, he beat Lawler in pretty controversial fashion, and he had a pretty underwhelming fight against Maia but that was definitely well past his prime, so that also didn't tell us much.

I would love to see him fight some stiffer competition. I think the jury is definitely out on him, though. Being double champ in onefc higher weight divisions does not mean much, unfortunately.

I love their offerings, ill continue to tune in to onefc cards but I have a pretty hard time getting excited about the big fish there in what is a very small pond.

Only one way to find out sir.
Have em come over and see what he's got.

I don’t want to fighter bash but Arjan Bhullar isn’t that good in my opinion so maybe it can happen.

This could of happened in the UFC at one point

Machida was LHW champ during Brock reign bfore Brock was exposed.

Machida would of destroyed Randy and Machida didnt cut weight to make LHW he weighed on fight night like 203lbs to 206lbs. That is capable of a water weight cut to MW.

Randy was HW champ March 3rd till November 15th 2008

In theory if Anderson wasent there. Machida would of ruled MW. Machida won LHW belt May 2009 Brock was champ then. Maybe a bulked Machida could of beat Brock as well? Machida was hard for even Jones to takedown until Jones outstruck him. Not insane to think a bulkd 225lb Machida or 230lb Machida could beat 290lb Lesnar then given how bad Brocks striking is/was and his fear of being in pain/hit. Would the BJJ and Judo black belt if takendown face the same fate Mir did? Hard to say but Mir was known for quitting anytime he started getting hit hard

This could of happened in the UFC at one point

Machida was LHW champ during Brock reign bfore Brock was exposed.

Machida would of destroyed Randy and Machida didnt cut weight to make LHW he weighed on fight night like 203lbs to 206lbs. That is capable of a water weight cut to MW.

Randy was HW champ March 3rd till November 15th 2008

In theory if Anderson wasent there. Machida would of ruled MW. Machida won LHW belt May 2009 Brock was champ then. Maybe a bulked Machida could of beat Brock as well? Machida was hard for even Jones to takedown until Jones outstruck him. Not insane to think a bulkd 225lb Machida or 230lb Machida could beat 290lb Lesnar then given how bad Brocks striking is/was and his fear of being in pain/hit. Would the BJJ and Judo black belt if takendown face the same fate Mir did? Hard to say but Mir was known for quitting anytime he started getting hit hard

Brock would have been absolutely massive compared to Machida. I love Lyoto but I don't see how he beats that monster.

Brock would have been absolutely massive compared to Machida. I love Lyoto but I don't see how he beats that monster.

Why can Fedor but not Machida if Machida bulked?

When Randy was LHW and HW champ as well in theory if he lost fat. And got super shredded and lost some little muscle he could of been 210lbs or 205lbs and made a water weight cut to MW.

Randy was never more than 220lbs to 225lbs in cage at HW and LHW. And even then he held some excess fat on chest and body. That fat can be lost. If he lost it and little muscle he could of surely been 210lbs which is enough especially back then when IVs were allowed to do a big water weight cut to 185lbs

Why can Fedor but not Machida if Machida bulked?

When Randy was LHW and HW champ as well in theory if he lost fat. And got super shredded and lost some little muscle he could of been 210lbs or 205lbs and made a water weight cut to MW.

Randy was never more than 220lbs to 225lbs in cage at HW and LHW. And even then he held some excess fat on chest and body. That fat can be lost. If he lost it and little muscle he could of surely been 210lbs which is enough especially back then when IVs were allowed to do a big water weight cut to 185lbs

Well we don't know if Fedor would have beaten Brock.

He's awesome, but his talk about being the best in the world is a bit far fetched. He's made a career out of fighting nobodies. Let's see him in the UFC before we take serously anything he says about his status in the overall MMA picture.

I'd rate him a solid 5 on a scale of watermelon to Ben Askren.

Heck, khabib fought like 20 bums before making something in the UFC, maybe this guy can too. /Shrug.

I thought you weren't allowed to cut weight at one championship?

Did he cheat and fight people smaller than himself to win?

ONE just has different rules around weight cutting, you have to pass a hydration test as well as make weight.

There’s no way to put on 20lbs that quickly to be double champ. Dude cut weight for sure. It'd be intresting to see his middleweight fight, to see the size difference.

There’s no way to put on 20lbs that quickly to be double champ. Dude cut weight for sure. It'd be intresting to see his middleweight fight, to see the size difference.

MW in ONE is 205. LHW is 220. He doesnt cut weight to compete at LHW, and not that much for MW.

Anyways, the double champ thing in this case is absurd. He is beating the same two guys for either belt: Aung La and Bigdash, both of them natural MWs.

I thought you weren't allowed to cut weight at one championship?

Did he cheat and fight people smaller than himself to win?

He weighs

No, what makes you say that?

ONE has in theory eliminated weight cutting with hydration tests and same day way ins and day before weighs in with hydration test. Cant weigh in dehydrated.

Issue is I hear ONE doesnt show the Public. This is something the UFC should do and USADA etc and could show the public.

MW in ONE is 205. LHW is 220. He doesnt cut weight to compete at LHW, and not that much for MW.

Anyways, the double champ thing in this case is absurd. He is beating the same two guys for either belt: Aung La and Bigdash, both of them natural MWs.

LHW max weight is 225lbs in ONE

MW max weight is 205lbs

WW max weight is 185lbs

LW max weight is 170lbs

FW max weight is 155lbs

BW max weight is 145lbs

FLW max weight is 135lbs

Etc

That is how it should be only the LHW cap should be 235lbs or 230lbs. So many LHW in their career were over 225lbs in the cage. Cormier, Rampage, Johnson, etc. HW should be 305lb cap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back