One fighter looked exhausted and beat up at the end of the fight

I think Islam jokes about volks size and grappling ability were the things to quasi blow up in his face

What's up with all these dumb posts? Islam won the fight, it was a clear 3-2.
Islam finally looked human and the haters will clutch onto this as some sort of loss as opposed to giving volk the credit he deserves. Typical shertard degeneracy lol.

What's up with all these dumb posts? Islam won the fight, it was a clear 3-2.

Yeah right. It was a clear 3-2 or 4-1 for volk. Volk hit Islam 50 times when Islam had his back. I never seen so many people boo a decision. Volk got robbed and everyone knows it

And? That doesn't make his opinion become mine. You acted like Volk was the only one showing damage when Islam looked just as bad if not worse.

This was the post I responded to.
"Only one guy left that Octagon with a cut on his face, and it wasn't Islam"
This guy is a moron dont give him attention... Islam was gassed, beated looking like a walking dead character, leaning on his coaches to be able to stand and talk in the interview but to this idiot Volk with a shave cut was in a worse state...

Did you score a round for islAm where he held onto a back and just got punched in his face over and over

and did you give Islam the first where he was hurt. And then latched on and didn’t do anything

what rounds did Islam clearly win
islam clearly won that fight. out struck volk, landed the more damaging blows, cut him several times, landed more takedowns, attempted more submissions. some of yall just need to stop watching mma.

No one at 155 is Volk. Volk is widely regarded as the #1 p4p and a generational talent. This fight should elevate both Islam and Volk.
I don’t entirely disagree with you but weight classes were made for a reason. Volk would absolutely have tougher time if he permanently moved up to 155.

Round 3 and 5 were clearly Volk's and Round 4 was clearly Islam's...Round 1 and 2 were very close.

When the smaller fighter goes up in weight and beats the champion down like he did in the last round, you can't help but feel like he deserved the fight.

I think most people are leaving this fight thinking that Volk is the better fighter. No disrespect to Islam either, he fought a really good fight.
Well said.

In a 10 round fight Islam leaves on a stretcher

In a 10 round fights, maybe he does not train and does not pace himself the same? These hypotheticals are non-sensical. Dude had certain parameters within which he could win the fight, he used them to ensured his victory. If parameters were different, he would've acted differently.

Round 3 and 5 were clearly Volk's and Round 4 was clearly Islam's...Round 1 and 2 were very close.

When the smaller fighter goes up in weight and beats the champion down like he did in the last round, you can't help but feel like he deserved the fight.

I think most people are leaving this fight thinking that Volk is the better fighter. No disrespect to Islam either, he fought a really good fight.

Lmao, what were you watching? RD 1 and 2 were CLEARLY Islam's. Them being fairly competitive does not change that in no universe did Volk win them.

Volk lost most of the striking and grappling in this fight. That is a fact. He wasn't better at anything aside from looking good in the last 30 seconds of the fight.

I don’t entirely disagree with you but weight classes were made for a reason. Volk would absolutely have tougher time if he permanently moved up to 155.

But also remember he didn’t just fight some random lightweight. He just fought the champ, who made Oliveira look as silly as the top 20 guys Islam was fighting not long ago. Yes, there are weight classes for a reason, but there are examples of guys moving up with success.

And? That doesn't make his opinion become mine. You acted like Volk was the only one showing damage when Islam looked just as bad if not worse.

This was the post I responded to.
"Only one guy left that Octagon with a cut on his face, and it wasn't Islam"
ehhh.
Have a good day, Shermano

There is only a 6.9% increase in weight between 145 and 155. Collectively 145-155 is a group of guys who walk around 175.

Given Volk is clearly the best at 145 and Islam quite above the rank squatters at 155 yet this was a razor close fight I honestly don't think there is that much of a difference in these two weight classes aside from a deeper weight cut to 145.

170 the fighters have much larger/stronger lower bodies. Islam had a tough time with Volk's lower body strength which was unusual for a 145er. You are talking about guys cutting from 200 to make 170. A proven grappler at 170 does give Islam some problems for sure. He has the wrestling to put away a glass cannon at 170 though. More of a Top 3-5 guy up there capable of getting a title shot IMO then a run away #1.

Islam got the decision in a close fight but it sure as shit wasn't clear

It was clear to anyone with a brain.

In NO universe does Islam lost RDs 1, 2 and 4. Rd3 was arguably a draw at worst.

Exactly and going by mma scoring you could argue 4-1 for Islam.

Outside of the 5th and that last shot (which was partially exhaustion) Volk lost the majority of that fight.
1 and 3 could have went either way and 5 could have been a 10-8 for Volk, it was a very close fight.

Back