News ONE Muay Thai fighter reveals he is getting paid 3,500 per bout in the promotion

TorontoTO

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
FmcSp4oWAAADwo_

If the UFC could get away with doing the same, they would. Makes sense, from a business (not moral) perspective: pay someone what would give them a comfortable life in their country. More for first world fighters, less for third world fighters

If the UFC could get away with doing the same, they would. Makes sense, from a business (not moral) perspective: pay someone what would give them a comfortable life in their country. More for first world fighters, less for third world fighters

On the other hand ONE always want to hide information about the payment.

Just do like ufc ,show everything to the media how much each fighter made. Problem solved and speculations.

We all know that Christian Lee makes probably 100K$ while his opponents barely make 10k$

I hope when they will come to U.S they bwtté start to reveal.

On the other hand ONE always want to hide information about the payment.

Just do like ufc ,show everything to the media how much each fighter made. Problem solved and speculations.

We all know that Christian Lee makes probably 100K$ while his opponents barely make 10k$

I hope when they will come to U.S they bwtté start to reveal.
Lol UFC has actively worked to keep the pay structure hidden. Literally lobbied the state governments. Keep up

Keep them hungry

There are not many good ways to spend money in those countries.

Keep them hungry

There are not many good ways to spend money in those countries.

Agreed

Always ONE FC is traditional. Traditionally martial artists fight in the dirt and eat rice.

Big money for monkey business is unwelcome American influence.

Agreed

Always ONE FC is traditional. Traditionally martial artists fight in the dirt and eat rice.

Big money for monkey business is unwelcome American influence.

Ok so..... It is better for fighters in One to stay poor?

It shouldn't be a shock that a somewhat unknown fighter isn't going to make as much. Someone who puts asses in seats, helps sell merchandise and the brand, etc will make more.
Given the number of $50k bonuses Chatri gives out, he might be able to snag one of them.
That said, I wish him the best of luck, safe journey, and fight!

Ok so..... It is better for fighters in One to stay poor?
How much are Muay Thai fighters making in the UFC? Pretty sure it is zero.

I don't get why people always use MT fighters as reference for low pay. It's a different sport from MMA. Muay Thai fighters make a lot less than them. 3,500 is not bad for Muay Thai at all regardless of nationality. I don't know anyone making more than that doing MT and I do not live in a developing nation.

Going to go out on a limb and say Stamp Fairtex makes more than 3500 dolllars and I'm quite sure she is Thai. She crossed over into a more profitable sport.

Next people are going to point out the grapplers in ONE are "only" making a few thousand dollars like you can regularly get 50,000k bonuses at NAGA or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back