One of you Sherbros should buy these Holy Grail Japanese Versions of these Pride DVD’s

I hope you have shitty taste sherbro or just owned burned media. Otherwise, throwing away original CD’s/DVDs is a crime against humanity. Greetings from an old, weird guy.

"Crime against humanity." Take some stock of the absurdity of your words. DVDs and CDs are irrelevant.

Still have my old Pride compilation US copies and all the early events such as the first Shockwave events, Body Blow and Final Conflict 2005. I have the all the US Bushido DVD’s as well. I think many of my Pride DVD’s are so scratched and fogged from over playing that they won’t play anymore.

I stop buying the DVDs around one point because I was so caught up. I stayed up so I can watch the events live and record them myself with a VHS player.
i used to buy the PRIDE events off of ebay, that were recorded on VHS, back in the day. it was torture waiting for it to come in the mail and avoiding sherdog. but i wanted to do it properly. respect.

I have a bunch of Pride DVDs that I haven't watched in like 20 years.

Here’s a question, since they would be the Japanese versions would there be copy right laws since Zuffa bought Pride back in the day ?

So, would someone be able to sell burned all regions DVD copies on eBay or ioffer legally ?

"Crime against humanity." Take some stock of the absurdity of your words. DVDs and CDs are irrelevant.
Irrelevant to whom? You or me?
Also, you should have realised my response was a bit of a joke. Don’t take stuff so seriously.

Irrelevant to whom? You or me?
Also, you should have realised my response was a bit of a joke. Don’t take stuff so seriously.

Irrelevant to your neighbor, society, matters of importance, and the universe. Trust me, nothing you say is "taken seriously."

Here’s a question, since they would be the Japanese versions would there be copy right laws since Zuffa bought Pride back in the day ?

So, would someone be able to sell burned all regions DVD copies on eBay or ioffer legally ?
The IP ownership would've transferred as part of the sale. Companies buying and selling stuff constantly and the situation you are describing doesn't often actually occur

I've never heard of plastic rotting.
Not the plastic, the organic dye recording layer. Its known as disc rot. Many of my pressed movie/documentary/ dvds also had disc rot but not my supposedly less durable recordable dvd discs still look ok FML.
I think there was a big issue with disc rot in the 2000s years. My Smashing Machine dvd is still fine, Sopranos dvd collection is kaput, I think all of my US made Pride and UFC dvds that were pressed in the 2000s are also kaput.

Last edited:
<mma1>

I feel for you. Mine are safely jammed into an old school disc binder.

Are your Pride/UFC US pressed dvds still ok?

Not the plastic, the organic dye recording layer. Its known as disc rot. Many of my pressed movie/documentary/ dvds also had disc rot but not my supposedly less durable recordable dvd discs still look ok FML.
I think there was a big issue with disc rot in the 2000s years. My Smashing Machine dvd is still fine, Sopranos dvd collection is kaput, I think all of my US made Pride dvds and UFC dvds that were pressed in the 2000s are also kaput.

Oh ok thanks for the explanation I was not entirely aware this was a thing. Although I have seen this happen but only to CD's which were left outside. But this never happened to me personally I still have CD's from 1995 which look perfect and work fine.

I love collecting music and dvds etc stuff,
but when i Start getting too much and overloaded for space it’s gets crazy and I have to purge
I had loads of magazine collections I just threw away one day
now I see them going for big money in the record shops lol

I just collect vinyl and some classic tv and movies now, still rock 2 turntables and a mixer !
And a SSD full of music for digital

also if your VHS player doesn’t pop up when opening, It ain’t tight !

Back