One thing the Khamzat/Holland fight showed us…

You're absolutely delusional if you think it would go to a 3rd or 4th round again Colbington. He'd get smashed within 2 rounds. He's nowhere near good enough a wrestler to hang with Chimaev.
You don't know what you're talking about, and you're very easily impressed. There are levels to things, and as far as wrestling at 170, Colby is the highest level.
You can look as dominant as you want against Kevin "I can't wrestle" Holland, none of that translates to someone on Colby's level. He won't be there, his hips and legs won't be there to be grabbed, he's not going to give the same amateurish reactions, he's not going to panic.

hJ5NrLS.gif

aYnuIKI.gif

The fuck are you talking about? He flows like the best of them.
BewitchedAnimatedFairybluebird-size_restricted.gif

The away he spins is fucking incredible. No doubt about it but this is also Kevin Holland.

You don't know what you're talking about, and you're very easily impressed. There are levels to things, and as far as wrestling at 170, Colby is the highest level.
You can look as dominant as you want against Kevin "I can't wrestle" Holland, none of that translates to someone on Colby's level. He won't be there, his hips and legs won't be there to be grabbed, he's not going to give the same amateurish reactions, he's not going to panic.

I agree.

Khamzat is overrated.
Khamzat has no top control.

Yesterday, I had to sit through threads with people saying that Brunson and Vettori were better wrestlers than Khamzat.

Now today, we have people saying he has no top control after he just took a guy down denied transitions, denied escapes and submitted him all while having 1min 56 secs of control time in a 2 min and 13 second fight.

Either:
1. You don't know what top control is outside of "lay and pray"
or
2. You are a troll.

Either way, you are talking nonsense.

That's hilarious. There are indeed levels to this, and Chimaev is at a COMPLETELY different level compared to Colbington. You do not have a fucking clue what you're talking about. This is seriously the first time I've ever seen someone trying to claim that Colbington is a better wrestler than Chimaev. You should try stand-up, this shit is gold.

The only thing this match showed was that cumshot is terrified of getting hit, he's not gonna get away with the fake glove touch next time. I don't think he's really built for fighting, just wrestling.

now it is he is too big for ww guy is beating everybody but tlets discredit all this and say he is beating them because he is bigger

Him and Kevin fought at 180. Also to me if you make 170 you're a ww and it's fair. Everybody chooses how much they cut.

Maybe true, but by the same token, none of these guys are running into a fight like an axe murder and putting that type of energy into immediately trying to finish the fight. He took a risk going balls to the wall like that, no one is going to fight like him.
IMO this.

People are speaking like he dominated Holland everywhere when in truth, it was one takedown and just follow him in the scramble trapping him in the process.
He caught Holland by surprise shooting that early and went from there.
It was great, but it's not like they were in a bunch of positions, moving from full guard to mount and then to the sub.

Yesterday, I had to sit through threads with people saying that Brunson and Vettori were better wrestlers than Khamzat.

Now today, we have people saying he has no top control after he just took a guy down denied transitions, denied escapes and submitted him all while having 1min 56 secs of control time in a 2 min and 13 second fight.

Either:
1. You don't know what top control is outside of "lay and pray"
or
2. You are a troll.

Either way, you are talking nonsense.

he doesn’t have top control.
Khabib criticised many of dagastani fighters for not having top control .
They also rag doll fighters with no ground game.

khamzat relies on strength.

he doesn’t have top control.
Khabib criticised many of dagastani fighters for not having top control .
They also rag doll fighters with no ground game.

khamzat relies on strength.
No... Khamzat relies on technique more than anything. You don't seem to understand just how high level his wrestling is.

He wrecked him in 2 minutes. I can tell that you're doing your best trying to minimise what he did, and good luck I suppose.
No, there just was no top control, like you stated. Good scrambles yes, also a very nice sub in the end, but no top control.

One thing it tells/reaffirms for me is that most fighters are half-retarded. If you watch DC break down takedowns in a fight, he will practically always repeat the same proper key steps for executing a takedown. One of the main concepts is to turn out once you have control of your opponent as are trying to push for the takedown. Basically, using the easiest, most effective way to get them off balance and down. It’s a pretty simple concept that any short-brain should be able to remember. Yet time and time again you see him show that “wrestlers” fail in takedown attempts b/c they don’t do it. They dumb.

No... Khamzat relies on technique more than anything. You don't seem to understand just how high level his wrestling is.

wrestling is not top control. Grappling is top control. He doesn’t control where the fighter goes. He anticipates and starts over.
He can maintain grip because of his superior strength.
He couldn’t hold Burns on the ground. He had nothing for him. Why?
Because he relies on strength. Strength doesn’t work on superior grappling skills

Khamzat is a much better overall grappler compared to Brunson and Holland. But size wise, they are bigger overall right now.

They probably aren't willing to risk gassing out just to get a 2 minute finish. Not when they know that they could just LnP and outmuscle Holland for 5 rounds.

To be fair. Pretty sure Vettori and Brunson could do that to Holland on 24 hours notice when he'd been training for a striker.

When have Vettori and Brunson ever showed the kind of explosive wrestling that Khamzat is known for? Neither of them have the wrestling pedigree of Chimaev.

And Vettori never even wrestled outside of MMA. He would likely get schooled by a mediocre collegiate wrestler.

wrestling is not top control. Grappling is top control. He doesn’t control where the fighter goes. He anticipates and starts over.
He can maintain grip because of his superior strength.
He couldn’t hold Burns on the ground. He had nothing for him. Why?
Because he relies on strength. Strength doesn’t work on superior grappling skills
He definitely could've held Burns on the ground, but that would've been risky, considering the level Burns' BJJ is at. But let's not pretend he couldn't take or keep him down.

Yeah... first time was against fucking Raphael Lovato Jr, one of the best BJJ practitioners of his generation, in his 6th professional fight ever. He'd tap 95% of the UFC. The second time was after being repeatedly punched in the face, 3 years ago. Let's not pretend he's some scrub everyone submits.

I'm not pretending that... I made no claims, just pointing out that shit happens in fights.

Back