Media Oscar De La Hoya challenged Dana White to a fight, should Dana fight him on Pac-Mac undercard?

Lol at Dana acting like he is a fighter.
Guy is just a juiced to the gills promoter who used to box when he was 20.
In a boxing match, he would get starched, and I wouldn't care if ODLH was 80, there are levels to this.
Now, in an MMA match, there is a slight chance Dana shells up, bodyhugs him, and that they somehow hit the ground where Dana could have an advantage with his 50 pound advantage and his first stripe white belt.
But it isn't that easy when you aren't a trained wrestler to take down a boxer who uses footwork and a jab. If ODLH circles the cage and pops the jab at Dana's face for one minute, Dana would eventually have a heart attack...

Have a lil respect for boxing please. It's not because college wrestlers would win 80% of the time against boxers by taking them down that every big guy on steroids could...

Last edited:
Dana has already beat him in life.

How?

Money wise Dana has 500 mil over ODL 200 mil.

But Dana's money is in business and he is working his ass off,
while Oscar enjoys retirement.

Oscar was and is a mega star, while Dana is a star promoter, but not a mega star.

The problem with MMA is that now everyone with a bit of grappling training think they could Khabib top boxers...
A guy at my bjj gym, who is a 160 pound bjj blue belt hobbyist, told me a few weeks ago that he was 90% sure he would beat Mayweather in an MMA match lol...
We are talking about arguably the best boxer in history, boxing being a proven combat sport with a giant talent pool, against some guy with no athletic background who has been taking 3 classes a week for 18 months, I mean common.
Same thing would apply with Dana against DeLaHoya

The problem with MMA is that now everyone with a bit of grappling training think they could Khabib top boxers...
A guy at my bjj gym, who is a 160 pound bjj blue belt hobbyist, told me a few weeks ago that he was 90% sure he would beat Mayweather in an MMA match lol...
We are talking about arguably the best boxer in history, boxing being a proven combat sport with a giant talent pool, against some guy with no athletic background who has been taking 3 classes a week for 18 months, I mean common.
Same thing would apply with Dana against DeLaHoya

May would KO him with a first jab he threw... he has amazing speed and distance control.

I wonder if DLH would go for a KO straight away or play around

Well, by Tito's word.. Dana was almost a pro boxer. He had a license to amateur boxers. He was legit.

Not inconceivable at all for him to have enough defensive ability to avoid being dropped for 10-20 seconds in order to bear hug him to the ground. Where he would have a 50 pound weight advantage and has been taking jiu jitsu privates on and off for like 15 years. I'm gonna go ahead and assume he's at least a blue belt.. lol

Smart money is on Dana. Imo.

Why don't Oscar fight Tito? Tito'd love the attention and that would make it even

No way would he ever box him tho.
lol Tito chickened out and pumped Dana up for damage control

Oscar probably still remains competitive with Conor, let alone Dana. Kevin Weeks pushed Dana's shit in when he was in his prime, what do you think a coked up & motivated Oscar is going to do to him ?

Give De La Hoya a bit of basic training and he would beat Dana White in a straight grappling match. Even with the weight disadvantage. You're talking about a former elite level athlete from the most talent filled combat sport on the planet, who won 11 world title across 6 weight classes vs a guy in his 50's who may or may not have done some amatuer boxing about 30 years ago.

Never suggested he was boxing him

He wouldn't mess with it. Levels indeed. But, a reasonable skilled former amateur boxer with a 60 pound size/ strength advantage conceivably has enough defense to avoid being stopped within 30 seconds.

I think if he gets ahold of him, it's probably over.

I actually disagree

I have witnessed decent amateur heavyweights spar a local pro who fights at 160 and they were completely out of their depth bro, just my opinion

Oscar is arguably better than Floyd In his prime (as a welterweight)

People scoff at that,but oscars early defeats where usually controversial and he didn't pick and choose his fights

He has extremely fast hands, a ferocious left hook and Oscar has a nasty side. He is definitely a finisher

The guy was a fucking legit animal in the 90s/early noughties

Yeah, s guy that taught boxercise should have decent chance of beating up De la Hoya.

De La Hoya would murder him, I bet there's sherdogger's that think Dana would stand a chance...

It is hilarious, and Dana White isn't that stupid.

ODLH is a hall of fame world champion boxer.

Dana White taught boxercise.

The only thing that would make this interesting is if Oscar agreed to tie one hand behind his back.

imagine being one of the greatest boxers of all time and wanting to fight a guy who used to run a boxercise class

This.

I want to know how many posters beat up somebody this year because "they talked shit".

This is pathetic behavior from a fighter that was of Oscar's caliber.

Oscar is trying to damage Dana's reputation for stepping into boxing. He tried doing MMA and failed. His last grasp is dragging Dana into a boxing match. Why wouldn't he indulge in MMA, and give up anything to make this somewhat of a fair fight? Because Oscar wouldn't make as much money out of MMA bout, and would have to acknowledge the competition.

This has nothing do with "someone talking shit" like the children on this forum want to believe. Oscar has dealt with with before and is an adult. This is about business for Oscar, and he wants to punish Dana for stepping into his territory.

Why is Oscar challenging Dana? Dana is not a fighter.
Because Dana was calling him, if Dana is no fighter tell him dont talk like he is one, calling Oscar out of pocket lol then if he wanna talk toughs fight him, he was willing to box tito, why not Oscar?

I actually disagree

I have witnessed decent amateur heavyweights spar a local pro who fights at 160 and they were completely out of their depth bro, just my opinion

Oscar is arguably better than Floyd In his prime (as a welterweight)

People scoff at that,but oscars early defeats where usually controversial and he didn't pick and choose his fights

He has extremely fast hands, a ferocious left hook and Oscar has a nasty side. He is definitely a finisher

The guy was a fucking legit animal in the 90s/early noughties
Oscar also has an iron jaw, he never been ko, pacquiao who is considered one of the hardest punchers was hitting him with power shot after power shot and a weight drained de la hoya didnt even wobble.

DLH could tie one hand behind his back, snort an 8ball and dress up in his favorite skirt and leggings and still KTFO Dana inside 2 minutes.

I'd love to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back