OT: S&P Fantasy Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was 6 years ago though, I ran the 1500 in high school.

It was 6 years ago though, I ran the 1500 in high school.

did you win the shot put and the discus in the same competition?

he must have still been big back then.

At some sports day in high school, I ran in the 100 m, the 1500 m, some other middle distance and threw a shot put, I don't think we ever did any discus throwing.

I would have been amazed if he won all those things in the passed 2 years, even then its not outlandish, the guys obviously got athletic talents, his size could have changed drastically because he is a teenager.

Track and field in America is mega competitive. No one is going to win a state meet in a throwing event and then a mile run.

And it turns out he won the 1500m race walk by virtue of being the only competitor.

Event 256 1500 Meter Race Walk Midget Boys
9:56.81 2004 Seantrel Henderson, Unattached

I was going to point that out, that over here nobody (other than people in the races) could give 2 shits about school / high school or college/ university sports.

A 1500 m walk race is a bit random.

Track and field in America is mega competitive. No one is going to win a state meet in a throwing event and then a mile run.

And it turns out he won the 1500m race walk by virtue of being the only competitor.

I didn't want to investigate it further, it ruins the outrageousness of it.

I was going to point that out, that over here nobody (other than people in the races) could give 2 shits about school / high school or college/ university sports.

A 1500 m walk race is a bit random.

our high school had 80 guys on the track team. We had about 1000 students, roughly 500 guys, so about 1 in 6 were on the track team.

The american attitude towards sports is one of the coolest things.

You could probably win 98 gold medals in the Olympics aged 13 over here and nobody would care unless you got a trial for an SPL team.

track just seems so boring. I can understand XC running because at least you're going somewhere and looking at different things

track just seems so boring. I can understand XC running because at least you're going somewhere and looking at different things

tons of in shape boobies bouncing everywhere. Actually XC was better for that, but track team had about 45 girls on it. Plus most events are over before you get bored.

Track and field is a social sport. You do your thing, it's over, you spend a few hours lounging about and hitting on girls. Plus if you were on the track team you didn't have to attend off season football conditioning. And if you were a thrower you never had to run.

New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts
Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints.

Internet records for the fucking win.

Why would they even put that drivel in there?!

from deadspin . com

dont. look. behind you.

500x_jerryandwade.jpg

I saw that live as the game was going on. Unfortunately, my face was more grim than Jerry's.

New York Jets @ Indianapolis Colts
Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints

Jets with two big plays (they need big plays to win).

Colts coming on at the end.

17-13.

^^

Close...

I hate the Saints because I hate Jeremy Shockey. I'll not stand for any team that has that cocksucker on the roster.

Jets had a good year. Rex Ryan is one cool dude. WHoever faces the COlts is gonna have their hands full.

Great Saints - Vikings game. 14-14 halftime. Saints defense is playing better than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back