Other than Fedor, who was the biggest missed UFC signing ever?

xA23C48.gif

Z565.gif

I came in for this. Would've loved to see Manhoef against any and all. Weight classes never applied this to psycho. Win or lose, he always made it entertaining.

If I remember correctly, King Mo was supposed to go over to UFC after Strikeforce folded, but he pissed hot and then publicly insulted a lady commissioner in the Nevada State Athletic Commission, and that was the last straw for Dana.

He was a talented fighter but was hot-headed, and fell in love with the shoulder roll without working on boxing fundamentals that make the shoulder roll possible. He could have done a lot more in his career, but needed better career management.

I forget exactly, but to me, him as a prospect, I have him high up there as good as anybody, like Hendricks, Weidman, Cejudo, and guys who could strike and wrestle with a strong wrestling background. Then he signed with Bellator and got newtoned twice.

One name I haven't seen mentioned yet is Tom Erikson.

Not counting active competitors who still have a shot (like Pitbull or Mckee)

Here's a few I would have liked to see compete in UFC

Arona
Vovchanchyn
Khalidov (in his prime)
Shlemenko (in his prime)
Konrad
I mean sure some guys never made it to UFC,but I wouldnt call then "missed signings"

Igor and Arona never had any reason to go.

Probably Mamed Khalidov for me.

Shout out to Paulo Filho who would likely have come over in the WEC higher weight classes merge if he hadn't seen ghosts in the cage at the wrong time.

Rickson by armbar

I mean sure some guys never made it to UFC,but I wouldnt call then "missed signings"

Igor and Arona never had any reason to go.

Igor was supposed to fight in the UFC but had Visa problems, IIRC.

I came in for this. Would've loved to see Manhoef against any and all. Weight classes never applied this to psycho. Win or lose, he always made it entertaining.
It is really hard to believe that he never landed in the UFC. Idk why but when I was younger I used to confuse him and Marvin Eastman. At least until the fight would start and then there would be no issues telling them apart. LOL

Saku having a real run in the UFC would have been interesting too, but then we would probably not have the Gracie Kill moniker and might have got lost to MMA fans during the UFC dark years.

UFC was so upset that Gable Steveson signed with WWE that they bought the WWE

Wasn't really familiar with him but he beat some great dudes. Close loss to Amosov and some other pretty good dude.
Could still fight in UFC

UFC made Soldic an offer that was outbid by KSWs offer of a 4 fight 1 million dollar contract (so 250k per fight) and ONE FC out bid KSW to sign Soldic. It's safe to say that for the kind of money Roberto is making he'd basically need to be a UFC Champion to earn more and it's not like he's some huge western star, he's a Croatian from Bosnia....UFC will never sign this guy, the days of the UFC going after other major promotions top guys is over even Mateusz Gamrot has to come to the UFC on his own volition and was willing to take a loss in pay from what I heard.

UFCs business model seems kinda clear, for instance when there's 19-4 ROAD FC Million dollar tournament winner Mansour Barnaoui on the free marker in his late 20s as one of the best LW free agents in the sport...why go after him? He's expensive. So they try to pick up, up and coming prospects and regional level champs, much cheaper investment.

Back