Movies Our greatest living movie star is......

Is Denzel Washington the greatest living movie star?

• Total voters
Definitely not imo. Biggest star currently is probably Di Caprio.

Definitely not imo. Biggest star currently is probably Di Caprio.

He has a decent number of films and is legit. Don't Look Up I thought was the best film from that year.

I think someone that is building a really good resume that no one takes seriously, like Brad Pitt earlier in his career because of his looks, is Chris Hemsworth.

Last edited:
Daniel Day Lewis or Gary Oldman

clint-eastwood-cowboy.gif

Denzel wouldn't even be in my top 15. His movies have become very niche, his status is similar to Liam Neeson these days.

The fact that you compared him to Liam Neeson destroys any credibility you have here.

Although I don't consider Denzel the greatest actor or even greatest movie star, the TS does have a valid point. He is one of the few who has an oscar for best performance while still being able to put seats in theatres. His star power has definitely dwindled a bit, but he's still a force.

If you're counting worldwide then it's Jackie Chan.

A movie star should be able to get people to buy tickets just because their name is attached.

I would argue that nobody alive has a name that accomplished that better than Jackie Chan.

People could have no idea what the movie's about but they'd go watch it because it's a Jackie Chan movie.

TRIGGER WARNING: Woke SJW talk, Feminism, Discussion of "The Patriarchy"

Honestly, it's probably Meryl Streep or some ancient mummy that I thought was dead long ago. Clarification: I'm not taking this as the biggest box office force, just the best actor/actress.

TRIGGER WARNING: Woke SJW talk, Feminism, Discussion of "The Patriarchy"

Honestly, it's probably Meryl Streep or some ancient mummy that I thought was dead long ago. Clarification: I'm not taking this as the biggest box office force, just the best actor/actress.

The question was: Greatest Living Movie Star. In that category, Cruise by whatever the fuck he wants. It's not even close. The man almost single-handedly saved cinema last summer with Top Gun: Maverick.

Tom Cruise

Especially considering he can actually fly a Super Hornet.

There is literally only one movie star alive right now and is his name is Tom Cruise.

Denzel is great, but I'd say Tom Cruise. Especially since he added ridiculous stuntwork to his skillset. Still making great movies to this day
movie star is different from actor.
in terms of star quality, there's nobody like Cruise.
legit nobody. not pitt, not dicaprio, not anybody.
The question was: Greatest Living Movie Star. In that category, Cruise by whatever the fuck he wants. It's not even close. The man almost single-handedly saved cinema last summer with Top Gun: Maverick.
TO THIS DAY…..I STILL SAY HE SHOULD HAVE GOT AN OSCAR FOR THIS ROLE!!

Tom Cruise

Especially considering he can actually fly a Super Hornet.

Tom cruise
Correct.
top-gun-tom-cruise.gif

Cruise has turned into an action star, but born on the fourth, a few good men, Jerry Maguire, and my all time favorite film the last samurai. The man can act. I don’t care for a lot of his newer action films. Oblivion, mission impossibles, edge of tomorrow all that junk.

Back