Overrated directors

UaqPcON.jpg
{<huh}

Why do people keep posting Sadulaev's pic for no fucking reason on Sherdog? I don't get it.

Refn. Never understood this places boner for that buy. I loved Bronson though.

All movies are 'meh'. Movies are a stupid human trick. The whole concept of movies, film, and acting could be wiped from existence and there would be a net positive effect on humanity. Unless you view directors along the same lines of a child making a mud pie, you're over rating them.
Timestamped:

{<huh}

Why do people keep posting Sadulaev's pic for no fucking reason on Sherdog? I don't get it.
@Vitor CroCop asked that same question in another thread. the thread was deleted in the middle of me responding to him, so i left that pic in here for him. I have no idea why people are posting his pic either

Last edited:
Jordan Peele easily. I thought Get Out was extremely overated and swore him off then and there. After seeing all the trailers for Us, I had to retract what I thought prior and go in to his newest "hit" with fresh eyes. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice and I will probably watch your third movie and bitch about it as well when it comes out....

Not sure what scripts have to do with how good a director is

A lot of directors don't screenwrite

the female ones.

Jordan Peele easily. I thought Get Out was extremely overated and swore him off then and there. After seeing all the trailers for Us, I had to retract what I thought prior and go in to his newest "hit" with fresh eyes. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice and I will probably watch your third movie and bitch about it as well when it comes out....

This is a really good call. There seems to be a collective effort to push him too which is annoying.

ITT people who don't get movies call masters of their craft overrated.
That said, Oliver Stone sucks.

All time I might say Dario Argento.

Yeah, some of his stuff is great, but it's mostly slog. The pedestal he is placed on in horror is absurd. Same for Bertolucci as the hothouse God though I adored Last Tango in the Paris. Generally speaking, I tend to find Italians overrated more than any other nation's directors. While I respect his genius I'm not even much of a fan of Sergio Leone. He wouldn't make my Top 5 for Western directors.

woody allen, steven spielberg, quinton tarantino, zack snyder, brian singer, m. n. shyamalan and many others are all helluva overrated.

Some of them made semi-decent movies. But none of them deserve the praise they receive.

Tinseltown is all about the circle jerk.
Oft times literally.

Yeah, some of his stuff is great, but it's mostly slog. The pedestal he is placed on in horror is absurd. Same for Bertolucci as the hothouse God though I adored Last Tango in the Paris. Generally speaking, I tend to find Italians overrated more than any other nation's directors. While I respect his genius I'm not even much of a fan of Sergio Leone. He wouldn't make my Top 5 for Western directors.
I've known of Argento's work. Seent it once or twice on some poster. Heard of Bertolucci. Ne'er heard of Leone.

If I, an average dogger, have to google a name, I cannot think of that person as overrated. By default.

@Madmick , know your audience. You're a bloody mod. Unless it's a "surrious movie discussion" thread.

The pedestal he is placed on in horror is absurd.

l@nd0

The whole Italian horror giallo sub-genre is overrated in general. Some surrealist appeal, but they're all a mess for the most part, with some decent gore shots and scenes put together with a bunch of nonsensical, boring wank.

I've known of Argento's work. Seent it once or twice on some poster. Heard of Bertolucci. Ne'er heard of Leone.

If I, an average dogger, have to google a name, I cannot think of that person as overrated. By default.

@Madmick , know your audience. You're a bloody mod. Unless it's a "surrious movie discussion" thread.
I do know my audience, and you are drastically underestimating the average film literacy of the Berry.

This is a highly educated cinema-going population on this board.

Back