Overwatch Official Discussion, v4: Doomfist Me, Daddy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh great, Doomfist is live in comp. Now all these people that spent 15 minutes playing him in Quick Play are going to be trying to play him and fuckin' things up.

Comp was total cancer today. I dropped down 100 points thanks to the Doomfist retards.

Sounds like it's time to take a week or two off comp.

jk I'm just gonna insta lock doomfist and out-tard the tards.

I've been called toxic for telling my team to get on point when it was completely open. On Anubus' first capture point, I charged in with Rien and took out 4 players. My team was still at the choke jerking each other off. I go on the mic and say, "Guys its open, rush the point." They do nothing. the enemy team comes back, kills me, and sets up their defense again. I say, "what the fuck are you guys doing? The point was open." Then some dildo says, "Dude stop being so toxic." I didnt even yell in the mic or sound like i was mad. I sounded incredulous at best.

kWlrj.gif

Oddly enough.. I was playing as Doomfist earlier and was pretty much the only person on the team doing remotely anything, and yet the group's shitheals Lucio got upset I was Doomfist halfway through the game.

Like I'm holding point, wiping the other team, gold kills, gold damage, gold objective kills, silver objective time, yet this assclown decided I was the reason the team was losing. Not the crummy other DPS, not the other healer (which it wasn't, they were doing the best they could), or the goofy tank.

Yesterday I played a game in which a triple stack trolled our team. By the end of it Genji, Dva, and I (junkrat) were actually fairing pretty well until one of the 3 stack gets Mei and starts really fucking us good.

I really don't understand some of the people that bother with this game. Do they not have anything better to do?

Tell them to Talk to the fist. Go and sit down if they have an issue.
One punch is all you need (have).
These are his actual voice lines btw lol.

Lucioball is coming with competitive and regular modes ,

Don't deal with the leavers, throwers, having to babysit people, or just general toxicity of normal comp. Instead introduce competitive Lucioball.... come on Blizzard.

Don't deal with the leavers, throwers, having to babysit people, or just general toxicity of normal comp. Instead introduce competitive Lucioball.... come on Blizzard.

It'll be back to normal once the Summer Games are over, don't you worry.

Halloween is what I'm looking forward to this year,

best skins without question for literally every character.

The overwatch World Cup is pretty cool - I watched the South Korea vs Russia match. South Korea is so incredibly coordinated and dominated Russia.

I heard my first Doomfist/BLM joke today, probably won't be the last.

The overwatch World Cup is pretty cool - I watched the South Korea vs Russia match. South Korea is so incredibly coordinated and dominated Russia.
South Korea is insanely good. I doubt they drop a match on their way to winning. Best match of the qualifiers so far was Canada vs Russia this morning.

tomorrow is the start of the summer games guys, so get that nihon genji or American mccree that you've been wanting.

This year’s Summer Games will commence on August 8 across PS4, Xbox One, and PC. The event will last for three weeks, although a specific end date is yet to be announced.

One more piece of news, you can buy last years skins at 1k a piece, this year's will be the usual 3k,

Overwatch Summer Games Skins – Are they the same as last time?

Yes and no! Jeff Kaplan confirmed in a recent video that all of last year’s offerings will return, albeit at a cheaper cost than before.
In addition to last year’s costumes, a selection of new items are also planned. Mercy, Junkrat, and possibly Roadhog skins have been teased, with the former being her ‘best one ever.’

Looks like we may get a goddess mercy or something

They will ramp it up, it's a key focus area for them going forward,

On July 25th they issued this message,

Blizzard community manager

Jul 25

“Play nice; play fair” is one of Blizzard's core values. It’s something we took to heart in creating Overwatch and remains a priority as we continue to support the game and our players. This not only applies to the new content we develop and the balance changes we make, but also to the features we add or improve upon over time.

We believe that our in-game reporting and player penalty system is one of our most important features, and it’s something we want to invest in significantly over the next year. To this end, effective immediately, we will be issuing increased penalties to players in response to verified reports of bad behavior. In Overwatch, that means anything from abusive chat, harassment, in-game spam, match inactivity (being intentionally AFK), and griefing. If you see someone engaging in any of these types of behaviors, report them. Players in violation will be silenced, suspended, or even banned from the game as a result.

We know that making Overwatch a truly welcoming environment is an ongoing process, and this is only the first step. Over the next several months, we have plans to make additional improvements based on your feedback, including scaling competitive season bans, a notification system that will alert you when a player you’ve reported is actioned, and functionality that will allow us to more aggressively penalize players who attempt to abuse the in-game reporting tool.

We also remain committed to bringing a reporting system to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. As console players ourselves, we know it’s been frustrating to not have this functionality on your platform. We are actively working on the feature and have many elements of undergoing internal testing right now. Our goal is to implement similar reporting options as are currently available on PC, and any improvements made to PC between now and when it’s available.

Thank you for your vigilance, passion, and commitment to building a welcoming and enjoyable community and helping us make Overwatch the best game it can be.

Oh, hi guys just wanted to drop in and say...

Ryūjin no ken wo kurae

Oh, hi guys just wanted to drop in and say...

Ryūjin no ken wo kurae
..speaking of. There was an insane Dragonblade during the Canada/Netherlands match yesterday. I'll see if I can find a clip.

It ends about the 20 second mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back