Pacquiao: "Floyd doesn't want to fight me."

Wolverine5150

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Pacquiao says, "I don't think it's going to happen, I'm sure he doesn't want to fight."

"Boxing for him is like a business," Pacquiao said. "He doesn't care about the people around him watching. He doesn't care if the fight is boring, as long as the fight is finished and he gets [plenty of] money. ... I want people to be happy. You have a big responsibility as a boxer." ..as reported by ESPN.

Damn, I really really hope this fight can be made. Tragic if it isn't.

Let's see Floyd talk his way out of this one. Put your money where your mouth is "Money".

Pacquiao says, "I don't think it's going to happen, I'm sure he doesn't want to fight."

"Boxing for him is like a business," Pacquiao said. "He doesn't care about the people around him watching. He doesn't care if the fight is boring, as long as the fight is finished and he gets [plenty of] money. ... I want people to be happy. You have a big responsibility as a boxer." ..as reported by ESPN.

Damn, I really really hope this fight can be made. Tragic if it isn't.

If Pac beats Cotto and then fights and beats Shane, (and those are really big ifs...) then he can retire without Mayweather as he will have proved all he ever needed too and will go down as one of the greatest that ever lived. A guy that started at 112, won titles in 7 divisions, and unified the titles at welter beating the best the division had to offer. He is right though, Floyd isn't looking to please the fans.

The pay day would be huge for both fighters, I don't see any of these guys walking away from this fight. Unless either fighter ask for an unfair split

If pacquaio does get past cotto (which i doubt) theres no way floyd wont fight him, and not only will floyd fight him, he will tool the pacman.

What? Floyd won't fight pacquaio because he doesn't care about his fans and only cares about the money? Well seeing as it's the biggest pay day out there...that doesn't make much sense.

i refuse to believe that floyd would not fight pac,

the whole hes scared/ducking talk is overrated,

Floyd's not taking this fight. Yeah he'd get a TON of money but I think he is just too scared to lose. It's a shame because this would be the Ali-Foreman of our time. It really sucks that a guy like PBF has THAT much talent but no desire to face the best.

If pacquaio does get past cotto (which i doubt) theres no way floyd wont fight him, and not only will floyd fight him, he will tool the pacman.

2rc38ef.gif

Money will be the only reason why this fight won't happen.

Floyd won't just ask for lion's share, he'll ask for something ridiculous like 60-40 split. I think Pacquiao can beat Cotto, but I'm not too sure he could beat Floyd. Nonetheless, Floyd won't take this fight. All Floyd does is talk, I don't know what language, but it's VERY ANNOYING.

Floyd's not taking this fight. Yeah he'd get a TON of money but I think he is just too scared to lose. It's a shame because this would be the Ali-Foreman of our time. It really sucks that a guy like PBF has THAT much talent but no desire to face the best.

Whoa whoa now, it wouldn't be Ali-Foreman by any means, maybe Chavez/Whitaker is a bit better comparison..:icon_conf

You hit the nail right on the head about the rest though, fella.

People mistake me for a hater, but it's really just disappointment to see top talent wasted on 2nd and 3rd tier opponents during the past 8 years instead of getting in there against the best competition available as the true Greats of the past did and as a few current Greats like Pacquiao and Hopkins have done.

Financially and professionally, well one guy needs the money and the fight a lot more than the other guy.
One guy's legacy is carved in stone already with electrifying wins over many future Hall-of-Famers, acknowledged as a legitimate All-Time Great who is still active. He's also basically a damn institution in his own country of 92 million people.
This guy's actions and influence have an effect on the economy in his country.

The other guy has a shakier resume with many many notable names absent from it, and most of the fights are not memorable efforts.
When he steps up the competition like with Corrales and Hatton, then you have a memorable fight as his talent shines through, but unfortunately those efforts are rare as he has not fought against most of the best competition available.
The undefeated record is all important to him, at the cost of forgettable fights against 2nd and 3rd tier opposition, leading to a tarnished legacy.
Financially, well, he's also had tax debts in the millions.

One guy needs the fight a lot more than the other...

What? Floyd won't fight pacquaio because he doesn't care about his fans and only cares about the money? Well seeing as it's the biggest pay day out there...that doesn't make much sense.

:icon_lol:

I think what Pacquiao wants is an exciting fight to please the fans, AND the lion's share of the spoils. Silly guy, focus on Cotto first.

Pacquiao is trying to goad Floyd with this comment. There is no way he truly believes that.

He has a tough task in Cotto ahead though, I want to see him topple this challenge before I start seriously talking about Pacquiao vs. Mayweather.

I agree. Pac might get past Cotto, but he is gonna take alot of punishment. These wars are gonna catch up with him. When and if he faces Money, he will be damaged goods. Floyd will pot shot him all night and probably retire Pac in the later rounds. Pac will do a decent job on Floyds body but not enough to slow down the current GOAT!

Whoa whoa now, it wouldn't be Ali-Foreman by any means, maybe Chavez/Whitaker is a bit better comparison..:icon_conf
You hit the nail right on the head about the rest though, fella.
No, he didn't.

Let's take a look at it then.
What part do you think isn't true and why not?

Floyd's not taking this fight. Yeah he'd get a TON of money but I think he is just too scared to lose.
Is Floyd taking the Pacquiao fight, Sinister? Do you have the inside scoop?
I know Floyd has not fought a long long list of top fighters. Why should people believe he will suddenly change his course?
Based on his history, I'd be more inclined to believe he wouldn't take the fight, probably under the guise of pricing himself out of it to save face. His undefeated record is all important to him. He sees the undefeated record as his legacy, but not the fights themselves nor the comp level.

It's a shame because this would be the Ali-Foreman of our time.
Is it in fact not a shame that many MEGA fights involving Floyd Mayweather have never happened?
Floyd Mayweather never fought Mosely, Cotto, Margarito, Paul Williams, Kostya Tszyu, Casamayor, Spadafora, the Prince.
MEGA fights denied to history and legacy.

For myself, I think it's really a horrible shame that we never saw his top talent against these top guys; we saw him against many lower-level opponents instead.
You really see something out of Floyd when you put him in with a guy like Corrales or Hatton, y'know, top guys. Put him in with 2nd and 3rd tier fighters and he'll easily coast to a 12 rd sleep-inducing shut-out.

Us two guys think it's a shame that many MEGA fights with Floyd didn't happen, Why do you think it's not a shame?

It really sucks that a guy like PBF has THAT much talent but no desire to face the best.
Is this not true?
Are you saying he doesn't have that much talent?
I think he has a lot of talent.
It's also true he doesn't have a desire to fight the best because of all the notable names absent from his record.
Does he in fact have the desire to fight the best? You seem to think he does, but his comp level since 2001 suggests otherwise.

EDIT:
Maybe we better wait till after the Cotto fight for further discussion about a potential Pacquiao/Mayweather fight.

Cotto's a real live dog; he knows this is his moment to really create a legend.

Pacquiao/Cotto is EXACTLY the kind of MEGA fight that defines the sport.

God bless Cotto and Pacquiao for always wanting to fight the best competition available to them.

this is the very first thing he's done in the public spotlight thats out of his character.

never have i heard him talk about future opponents before a fight.
now he's planning a concert.

cotto has to be fuming. motivation shouldn't be a problem for cotto.

interesting he's using mayweather's name during PPV time :)

Well, it's not like it's Manny bringing up the subject.

Reporters are asking him questions.

They should ask Pac Man if he'd fight Paul Williams.
Now there'd be a sight to see...

Well, it's not like it's Manny bringing up the subject.

Reporters are asking him questions.

i'm sure its the VERY first time he's ever been asked the question :icon_conf
the point is, which you seem to miss a lot, is he finally responded AND i find it interesting he did it during PPV time.

Back