Pacquiao vs Ugas Aug.21st FOX PBC PPV

Clottey was a decent boxer. Very inconsistent, but actually a pretty good boxer when he went to work. Never a guy with the right style to trouble Pac, even if he was keen on doing it, though (which it didn't appear he was in that fight). Thankfully, Pac is like 4 career stanzas removed from the guy who beat Clottey easily.
Clottey beat Cotto imo

Is a torn retina and a detached retina the same thing? If so, that’s career ending. Very scary. Between this and the car accident Errol Spence is having some tough luck. I’d be super bummed if we never get the Spence/Crawford fight

I know of a few boxers who had to retire very early because of this type of injury. Lorenzo Reynolds, Vilier Quinones, and Yordenis Despaigne who actually took a few fights with it.

I hope Spence will be alright

Is a torn retina and a detached retina the same thing? If so, that’s career ending. Very scary. Between this and the car accident Errol Spence is having some tough luck. I’d be super bummed if we never get the Spence/Crawford fight

I know of a few boxers who had to retire very early because of this type of injury. Lorenzo Reynolds, Vilier Quinones, and Yordenis Despaigne who actually took a few fights with it.

I hope Spence will be alright
A torn retina can lead to a detached retina, which is worse. They can do surgery for it but once you've had it once it's more likely to happen again especially when you get punched in the face for a living.

Yeah this isn't great news for Spence at all when you take future fights into account

Yeah this isn't great news for Spence at all when you take future fights into account

Yeah retinas are no joke. And the effects of the car crash are lingering. I thought he looked off in the last few rounds against Danny.

I wouldnt be surprised if Spence suddenly, maybe not his next fight but soon, just looked off and abruptly isnt the same guy he was by a margin.

Very bad news for Spence. I hope he can still continue boxing. That would suck if he had to prematurely retire.

Yeah retinas are no joke. And the effects of the car crash are lingering. I thought he looked off in the last few rounds against Danny.

I wouldnt be surprised if Spence suddenly, maybe not his next fight but soon, just looked off and abruptly isnt the same guy he was by a margin.
Yeah I agree with you there mate

This is still a good fight but I was really looking forward to Spence Pacman.

undefeated contender Carlos Castro will take on former title challenger Óscar Escandón in a 10-round featherweight attraction that kicks off the action at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT.

*Opening fight of the PPV*

As others have said, good fight but anti climactic. Was really looking forward to the Spence fight.

Clottey beat Cotto imo

I thought Clottey looked like he could've and maybe should've won that fight, but let himself down at certain key junctures. This was often the case with him. Definitely a gifted boxer, though (who would've been a big problem for guys in this current division).

In an alternate universe Pac is in the middle of round 4 punches Spence. Spence gets the eye injury Pac wins and has a great legacy moment

Back