• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Parrdon the ignorance, but why did Poatan get the blackbelt after the JH fight?

His defensive stuff is pretty good and I remember seeing old clips of him doing Bjj and looking good

Not saying he is an oliviera or maia, but I think he is worthy of his rank, at least compared to some other high profile fighters

Poatan has only learned to pass guard and he has a black belt lol
Bet he knocks Conor spark out though sir lol.

BJJ belts are a political award. Like order of the garter for fighting.

It makes it looks like a joke unfortunately. And I point at the coach for giving it out, not Alex or other fighters who gets it after MMA fights. Hell I don't think it should happen after a fight at all, if after competition it should be perhaps after winning a brownbelt tournament or so. That is my take on it.
Mighty Mouse won worlds (masters, but still), 2nd place in absolute and is still a brown belt. Some coaches are way, way more traditional and demands much more of the athlete to graduate to the next belt. As I think it should be.

Ahh, I see.
I don't know why I thought you said Dublin...im retarded lol.

What did you think of 300 as a whole?

Great card. Some excellent fights. I knew it would be good and I think it exceeded my expectations. I won't go with recency bias and say best card ever, but it was brilliant for sure.

I personally think the higher bonus helped make it more exciting. Fighters wanted to win with a finish and style.

Great card. Some excellent fights. I knew it would be good and I think it exceeded my expectations. I won't go with recency bias and say best card ever, but it was brilliant for sure.

I personally think the higher bonus helped make it more exciting. Fighters wanted to win with a finish and style.

Max walked away with 600k, that's pretty dope.
Max was on another level on Saturday, and the rest of the card was awesome sauce too.

Poatan made Hill look like an amateur.
That surprised me tbh.
I thought Poatan would win but not that easy lol

Max walked away with 600k, that's pretty dope.
Max was on another level on Saturday, and the rest of the card was awesome sauce too.

Poatan made Hill look like an amateur.
That surprised me tbh.
I thought Poatan would win but not that easy lol

Yep great card other than the Bo fight.
Poatan is fucking awesome. I just wish he was 27, not 37

If he had more time on his side? I think he could be a 3 weight champion. Maybe he still can?

Max is a warrior. People argue Fw goat, but when it is all said and done Max will be the greatest fighter to have ever fought at 145. He still has time on his side

Yep great card other than the Bo fight.
Poatan is fucking awesome. I just wish he was 27, not 37

If he had more time on his side? I think he could be a 3 weight champion. Maybe he still can?

Max is a warrior. People argue Fw goat, but when it is all said and done Max will be the greatest fighter to have ever fought at 145. He still has time on his side
Poatan at 27 would be fuckin terrifying lol.
If he beats Anka, then it might be possible to go up to heavyweight, but he'd have to face some real grapplers.

Id still like to see him try though.

Max has been my favorite fighter since day one, and if he beats Topuria then I don't think you can deny him his place.

As it is he's building a legacy of top 10 best ever.
Love that dude.

I think his manager is his bjj coach, who is pretty emotional.

It was a black belt for dem handz unfortunately Mike Perry couldn't be there to put it on him.

Giving him a blackbelt for a left hook knockout completely discredits Texiera MMA, Plinio Cruz his trainer, and Glover himself for tying it around his waist imo. They just told the world they're handing out belts like toys in happy meals. Such a bad look.

As you can see, that was indeed a BJJ blackbelt he was awarded. Not a kickboxing blackbelt.

>>>https://www.instagram.com/pliniocruzmma/p/C5vBIFJu87N/

Surprised this hasnt caused more controversy. What say you.
First I was kinda agreeing with this post, then I realized that if the criteria would be, that you need to be a two division UFC champion to get your black belt then, we would have zero black belts at the gym. 😭

To be fair Conor has been doing BJJ an awful long time and was a brown belt for a lengthy spell

Conor actually has some good jitz
Conor has some of the worst BJJ defense of any Championship level fighter.
Can’t even defend an RNC from Jake Gyllenhaal. 😂

This is going to age me a bit, but back in the day a jiu jitsu black belt was expected to win in Vale Tudo, not just on the mat in the gi.

Back