Parts Of The United States Recently Had Lower Inoculation Rates Some Of The Poorest Areas In Africa

JudoThrowFiasco

Charming Quark
Platinum Member
Reaction score
And here's the kicker: those areas in the United States are among the richest in the country.

"The Hollywood Reporter has a great investigation for which it sought the vaccination records of elementary schools all over Los Angeles County. They found that vaccination rates in elite neighborhoods like Santa Monica and Beverly Hills have tanked, and the incidence of whooping cough there has skyrocketed"
Parents in these schools are submitting a form called a "personal belief exemption," which states that they are not vaccinating their kids due to "a diffuse constellation of unproven anxieties, from allergies and asthma to eczema and seizures," reporter Gary Baum writes.

In some schools, up to 60 to 70 percent of parents have filed these PBEs, indicating a vaccination rate as low as that of Chad or South Sudan. Unlike in Santa Monica, however, parents in South Sudan have trouble getting their children vaccinated because of an ongoing civil war.

And lo, it is these very same L.A. neighborhoods that are experiencing a resurgence of diseases like whooping cough, otherwise known as pertussis. Measles cases have also hit a high in California this year."

The anti-vaxxer turn is a frustrating development for a city that's obsessed with health and fitness. There are very few things that we know prevent sickness without a doubt. The "Beaming" juice at L.A.'s Cafe Gratitude, which consists of carrot juice, camu-camu, and astralagus, and which is surely delicious and beam-inducing, is not one. Vaccines are.

It's tempting to suggest, as some of Baum's L.A. sources do, that these are just concerned, well-meaning parents who, along with forbidding processed food and dragging their offspring to baby yoga, also avoid any medications that aren't strictly "natural." (Of course, vaccines are natural—they're derived from the naturally-occurring pathogen itself.)

Full Article

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/380252/?__twitter_impression=true

Yikes, science is being attacked from all sides in the US but this segment is coming from an area with the means and educational background to know better. Its one thing for yuppie housewives to think a coloured stone can bring healing properties; or that the arbitrarily defined positioning of stars during a birth month can determine your personality and future...but to actually defy the logic and science proven for over a century to work, thus outing your kids in easily avoidable risk, is just batshit crazy.

Edit- my bad, article is from 2014 and Cali has addressed the issue. For some reason the Atlantic posted this on twitter today and i just assumed it was recent. Keeping it up because its still pretty wild

Recent addressing of issue
https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/...rvives-13047905.php?__twitter_impression=true

Last edited:
This is upsetting. My wife is pregnant and these assholes are putting my family in danger.

Lets inject them with sickness and shit them off.

Anti science from the left is becoming alarming. I'm in a Facebook group and there are tons of people who are very anti vax. For no reason at all. Flu shots ok that's an option, but MMR and those kinds of things, friggin get them

I'm getting all kinds of weird thoughts when I read "Beaming Juice"

I'm in a Facebook group and there are tons of people who are very anti vax. For no reason at all.

These are probably the same idiots that think that the earth is flat.

If you don't fucking vaccinate your kids, we're going to deliver the vaccine via blow dart.

Seriously, if you don't have a medical reason and refuse to vaccinate, you should have your children taken away.

I’m not an anti-vaxxer, I just don’t think we should assume a child’s position on abortion by giving them a shot with an abortion in it. They could grow up to be Pro-Life.

Fucking Facebook Vegan moms. If herd imunity is not a thing I would leave it to be survival of the fittest.

Let’s all hope this works out exactly as it should

Just sneak the vaccines into the local kombucha supply.

Anti science from the left is becoming alarming. I'm in a Facebook group and there are tons of people who are very anti vax. For no reason at all. Flu shots ok that's an option, but MMR and those kinds of things, friggin get them
Trump is anti vax...plenty of right wingers are...... on top of denying everything else science.

Yes it is concerning seeing the usual pro science side having right winger like retarded believes.

And here's the kicker: those areas in the United States are among the richest in the country.

"The Hollywood Reporter has a great investigation for which it sought the vaccination records of elementary schools all over Los Angeles County. They found that vaccination rates in elite neighborhoods like Santa Monica and Beverly Hills have tanked, and the incidence of whooping cough there has skyrocketed"
Parents in these schools are submitting a form called a "personal belief exemption," which states that they are not vaccinating their kids due to "a diffuse constellation of unproven anxieties, from allergies and asthma to eczema and seizures," reporter Gary Baum writes.

In some schools, up to 60 to 70 percent of parents have filed these PBEs, indicating a vaccination rate as low as that of Chad or South Sudan. Unlike in Santa Monica, however, parents in South Sudan have trouble getting their children vaccinated because of an ongoing civil war.

And lo, it is these very same L.A. neighborhoods that are experiencing a resurgence of diseases like whooping cough, otherwise known as pertussis. Measles cases have also hit a high in California this year."

The anti-vaxxer turn is a frustrating development for a city that's obsessed with health and fitness. There are very few things that we know prevent sickness without a doubt. The "Beaming" juice at L.A.'s Cafe Gratitude, which consists of carrot juice, camu-camu, and astralagus, and which is surely delicious and beam-inducing, is not one. Vaccines are.

It's tempting to suggest, as some of Baum's L.A. sources do, that these are just concerned, well-meaning parents who, along with forbidding processed food and dragging their offspring to baby yoga, also avoid any medications that aren't strictly "natural." (Of course, vaccines are natural—they're derived from the naturally-occurring pathogen itself.)

Full Article

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/380252/?__twitter_impression=true

Yikes, science is being attacked from all sides in the US but this segment is coming from an area with the means and educational background to know better. Its one thing for yuppie housewives to think a coloured stone can bring healing properties; or that the arbitrarily defined positioning of stars during a birth month can determine your personality and future...but to actually defy the logic and science proven for over a century to work, thus outing your kids in easily avoidable risk, is just batshit crazy.

Edit- my bad, article is from 2014 and Cali has addressed the issue. For some reason the Atlantic posted this on twitter today and i just assumed it was recent. Keeping it up because its still pretty wild

Recent addressing of issue
https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/...rvives-13047905.php?__twitter_impression=true

Haha.

This is the strongest evidence yet that the majority of Americans have completely disregarded institutional authority.

The fucked up part is that we have just scratched the surface of this problem. The trust is lost.

Lets stop asking why people have lost trust, and start asking who is responsible for that loss in trust.

FYI people. You should vaccinate your kids.

Your kids should also be given a genetics test for potential reactions to certain ingredients in those vaccines.

Believe it or not, both sides are right on this. The government is right to lie to you about the risks, and people are right not to listen.

The anti vax issue is not a left or right issue.

Plenty of right wing Christians in this group too

The anti vax issue is not a left or right issue.

Plenty of right wing Christians in this group too
True, but thay seems to be a small group that's in to it. It's also not taking place in major urban areas like it does with the left . Ie 60% of a school

Back