PATH OF EXILE Official Thread, v1: Serious Improvements Coming Out

Gref and I have been going hard, him more than I, just hit 86 with my Blade Flurry Slayer, eating content like
CarelessTautEuropeanfiresalamander-small.gif

Wish I hadn't skipped Delve and Incursion leagues, they're great.
Delve was awesome. I missed every league before that besides some early PoE stuff.

i came back but i don't really like they league since they nerfed the syndicate into oblivion.
  • We've added five new "Core" Supporter Packs to replace the ones that were released alongside War for the Atlas last year. Check them out at pathofexile.com/purchase after the patch deploys.
  • Substantially improved the rewards for defeating the Syndicate Mastermind. At the completion of the encounter, there are doors that unlock which lead to a treasure room. This room contains rewards based on the Syndicate leaders at the time of the Mastermind's defeat.
  • Added various new effects to many elements of the Mastermind encounter to better signal the state of the encounter.
  • The damage area of the wave from the sculpture in the Mastermind encounter should now more accurately match its visual effects.
  • Made various improvements to the audio in the Mastermind encounter.
  • Fixed various cases in the Mastermind encounter where some skills were not being displayed correctly when re-entering the area.
  • Fixed a bug where Safehouse rewards were entirely based on the leader's rank, rather than each reward being based on the rank of the syndicate member associated with that reward.
  • Fixed a bug where Syndicate members didn't pick from all their available dialogue options.
  • Fixed a bug where beasts from your Menagerie were not being migrated when leagues were merged. If you migrated from a public solo self-found league, please make a new character in solo self-found and use the Migrate All option on the character select screen. If you migrated out of a private league and don't have your beasts, please e-mail [email protected] for assistance.
  • Fixed a bug where Winter Orb could snapshot.
  • Fixed a bug where Ice Spear travelled slower than intended when used by monsters.
  • Fixed an instance crash that occurred when using The Dancing Dervish unique item.

...i was referring to nerfing the actual syndicate encounters. ie: making them easier. the game was actually kind of fun and halfway challenging again.

i played pathof exile way back in like '13

is it still dope? i like how you had to really work to level up and for a f2p game it was very generous without any bs

i played pathof exile way back in like '13

is it still dope? i like how you had to really work to level up and for a f2p game it was very generous without any bs
Doper than ever, in my opinion. I took a couple leagues off but came back for this one. You level a little faster early, but endgame is still tough. The game is 10 Acts now, no repetition.

it has an absolutely insane amount of power creep that's trivialized most of the game and previous items. this league added retarded amounts of power creep to deterministic (bench) crafting.

it's pretty much easier than ever and fast as all hell to level. ggg's constantly made some large blunders (ie: crafting this league. double mods and then ninja nerf of it, with the items remaining). everyone seems to love the syndicate nerf since the game's full of shitty players/casuals/people who want click2win.

it has an absolutely insane amount of power creep that's trivialized most of the game and previous items. this league added retarded amounts of power creep to deterministic (bench) crafting.

it's pretty much easier than ever and fast as all hell to level. ggg's constantly made some large blunders (ie: crafting this league. double mods and then ninja nerf of it, with the items remaining). everyone seems to love the syndicate nerf since the game's full of shitty players/casuals/people who want click2win.
You seem upset. What level are you btw?

Been playing quite a bit... possibly too much to say the least. Got a friend into the game after like the 10th time trying. He has played on average about 10 hours a day while working a full time job. He is absolutely hooked. We have been playing with Gref a good bit and just running through shit.

Chose this league to FINALLY attempt Shaper. Guardians were all easy except for Minotaur. 5.5k hp Ice Golem build with 75% phys reduction, he still one shots me, but oh well. Shaper was 1 stupid death to pets taunting Shaper in my direction while I was behind him. Elder started right next to the Guardians, so might try Uber Elder this league perhaps.

Not sure which character I will start next, but I feel I might have one more in me. Friend did like 10 builds so far and is planning more every few hours....

I run this game, I didn't know anyone on the dog played it.

Not sure if this is the most recent thread, but just picked up the f2p PS4 edition. Is this worth a Co-op play or better suited for single player. My roommate used to love Diablo 2, so I’m hoping we can get into this.

poe's in a pretty bad state right now. if you like it on ps4, you should play on pc instead, assuming you have a halfway decent pc. poe's gotta be so much worse on a console.

poe's in a pretty bad state right now. if you like it on ps4, you should play on pc instead, assuming you have a halfway decent pc. poe's gotta be so much worse on a console.

That’s bumming. I remember there used to be a front page thread on it for a while. My buddy doesn’t have a PC and I doubt poe has the budget from cross-play so we’re going to have to give it a shot on PS4. I’m not even sure which version it is, but just out of curiosity, why is it in a bad state and will that be an issue on the PS4’s version? I know nothing about this game except I played D3 once, so I almost need an ELI5 version.

there will never be cross-play, at least between console and pc. (console to console maybe, but i still highly doubt it)

the game's designed around a mouse/keyboard interface (although many recent skills were console friendly [channeling skills] ). also, trading/partying/etc will be infinitely better on pc and they use different trading systems (consoles have a stripped down auction house, PC has old-school trade but indexers that make searching easy)

it's in a bad state due to ridiculous power creep and what appears to be the worst league they've ever done. synthesis (current league) has the worst retention numbers in... ever? the drop-off % was horrible.

@SwamiLeoni

Back