Paul Schreiner: Precise Pressure Passing (Official Thread)

Digitsu

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just want to let you guys know that we just released another title on Digitsu. We are super proud to announce the release of Paul Schreiner’s “Precise Pressure Passing” instructional.

For those of you who don’t know, in addition to being Marcelo Garcia’s right hand man at MGA in New York, Paul Schreiner is one of the innovators of the east coast Jiu Jitsu scene. In addition to being a great instructor, he is able to break things down into its simplest elements so that you can understand the concepts and theories behind each technique. If you like the Ryan Hall approach, you will love Paul's instructional. It's a good balance between concept and application.

We are offering a 20% off Pre-Sale Special. This offer expires 9/10/2016.
Click here to see how he passes the "Lockdown”.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this.

If you get the dvd, do you also get on demand or are they 2 separate products?

Good price. Paul's stuff is actually some of the best on MGinA, I'll probably pick this up.

This looks like awesome material, but here's why it's not an insta-buy for me: barely anybody I train against uses either half guard or butterfly guard, instead it's all about DLR, RLDR, and lasso. And I may be wrong but it seems like the same trends apply in competition, too.

If this had any material on these other guards, I would've already bought it.

Speaking of Hall...can you guys just throw $$$ at him until he makes another dvd

This looks like awesome material, but here's why it's not an insta-buy for me: barely anybody I train against uses either half guard or butterfly guard, instead it's all about DLR, RLDR, and lasso. And I may be wrong but it seems like the same trends apply in competition, too.

I remember the report from worlds last year showing that when you excluded bullshit pseudo sweeps from 50/50, more sweeps originated from 1/2 guard variants than anywhere else

Already snapped up the pre-sale on demand. Looking forward to it. Been to a bunch of Paul's seminars. He's a great teacher.

I remember the report from worlds last year showing that when you excluded bullshit pseudo sweeps from 50/50, more sweeps originated from 1/2 guard variants than anywhere else

Really? That's great news. Now if you could just let the people at my gym know…

I guess technically DLR and RDLR might be considered half guard variants though, are you sure those stats only included "pure" half guard?

Really? That's great news. Now if you could just let the people at my gym know…

I guess technically DLR and RDLR might be considered half guard variants though, are you sure those stats only included "pure" half guard?

I am not! I'm gonna try and find it when i'm not bleary-eyed

I pass half guard a lot, mostly because I force it. I don't care what guard they play, I'm trying to force them to half.

Wouldn't mind some help with lasso though...

I pass half guard a lot, mostly because I force it. I don't care what guard they play, I'm trying to force them to half.

Wouldn't mind some help with lasso though...

I have a really hard time forcing half against half-decent DLR or RDLR players. Since the whole point of these guards is distance management, I find that people don't let you just get closer. It's possible that I'm not pummelling and breaking grips aggressively enough though, maybe that's my problem. I'd love to see more examples of using pressure-passing against these guards, I feel like I'm more familiar with the Leandro Lo or Mendes bros style of speed passing.

I am also a bit unsure about this having seen the technique list, however I'll probably still pick it up. Thinking about lasso, de la riva etc I wonder if it's just situational. Against people who are good with those types of guard I try to pass on my knees, often forcing half guard.It will be intesting to see how this fits in with say Ryan Hall material which he says specifically didn't cover pressure passing.

Very, very excited about this and plan to pre order it.

I still use every principle Paul Schreiner taught me as a blue belt about how to properly maintain and apply pressure from mount, and I routinely tap people with pressure. Paul is a great instructor, and has a wealth of information that is amazing to pry open.

I'm particularly interested in how he negates shin to shin guard.

How do you know what is on it if it has not been released? There must be more than 2 hours of butterfly and half guard

Thanks for the support everyone.
Sorry for being MIA. I was away for the week.

I'm looking forward to this.

If you get the dvd, do you also get on demand or are they 2 separate products?

As of right now they are 2 separate product

While a lot of the material covered is half guard/butterfly guard related, Paul starts this instructional in closed guard. The way he passes the closed guard will negate DLR and RDLR.

If you are looking for specifically DRL and RDLR passing the gold stand is our Lucas Lepri Passing series and Gianni's Leg Drag instructional.

Back