Paul vs. Askren Fight Week Megathread (from Heavies please do not merge)

Who wins the boxing match on Triller on April 17?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jake Paul knew what he was doing picking Askren. Like Masvidal said, Askren is an awful representation of MMA.

I cant help but laugh thinking back to that time a few years ago when Woodley and Akren would go around MMA media all cocky and smug talking shit and how far they have fallen. Man it's pretty funny.

Well a guy that trains boxing permanently and is somewhat of a gifted athlete punches harder than quality MMA fighters.

No, it isn't. There's a clue in the name.
Are you gonna continue being obtuse when I have given you proofs? First of all it's called bareknuckle boxing. Second of all even if it wasn't considered boxing. It still would be in the boxer's homecourt, and a boxer should thrive in bareknuckle. My point still stands.

I'm not happy about it, but it is what it is.

Other fighters should have performed an intervention here, how the fuck do you allow your weakest striker represent you in a boxing match.

Anyway, they all got punked by some spoiled millenial who looks and acts like he's got down syndrome.

Last edited:
Well he made a million dollars of whatever amount of money for 60 seconds of work and a concussion. he didnt let himself down thats for sure.

Hammer meet nail head. That’s the reality. He seems like he’s gonna make an amazing wrestling coach and help mold and change some young futures.

The Lawler and Masvidal fights did some serious damage to Askren. He can't take big shots anymore.

Also Jake is a big f dude and looks to have legit KO power.

Yes, but then if last night were an MMA fight it wouldn’t have been stopped.
Don't get me wrong. I think the whole thing is a sham. Pretty sure Paul cut to make weight and Askren ate cheeseburgers. Probably got a couple million to throw the fight. Jake Paul has that type of money.

Ben quit as soon as he saw the referee didn't let him work on the inside. Just look at how frustrated he looks when the ref separated them

Jake Paul or whatever his name is took his oppenent serious. He deserves the win. Good on him.

Because MMA fighters aren't boxers.

Sorry to say but what Jake Paul said before the fight was right...
Just because they fight and throw punches - doesn't mean they can punch.

They train in many disciplines, so in a way it is unfocused; a boxer // all a boxer does is PUNCH > PUNCH > PUNCH; I knew the whole shit about "OH BUT ROBBIE LAWLER!" was nonsense, because yeah... okay he is a tough guy, but he is not a boxer either. And like it or not... Jake Paul Is. That's why.

Don't get me wrong. I think the whole thing is a sham. Pretty sure Paul cut to make weight and Askren ate cheeseburgers. Probably got a couple million to throw the fight. Jake Paul has that type of money.
Indeed. And I already edited my post anyway haha, he hits the canvas face first and in an MMA match his opponent would be all over him. There’s a good chance that was the end of the bout, boxing or MMA rules.

Back