• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

News Paul vs Woodley Confirmed

Who wins?

• Total voters
MMA striking is a totally different thing than pure Boxing, there are tons of things you can do in Boxing that don’t work in MMA. For example a lot of guys in Boxing move their head in an exaggerated way that would get you head kicked in MMA, there are a thousand things like that, that make MMA striking totally different. If you put Floyd against Holloway in a pure mma striking match Floyd would get fucked up even in the boxing, it’s just different.

Lmao stop watching MMA and go watch Boxing if MMA sucks so bad
I agree. Even being able to use elbows alone changes everything...

Not even talking about kicking or shooting takedowns.

Thats what Im saying! This should be an obvious win for Woodley, and if not its gonna really be a big blemish on MMA imo

Why do you think Jake Paul's team picked Woodley next? Woodley isn't even a big name(its not like being B side against Mayweather).....why wouldn't they try and milk this thing longer and have him fight Dillon Danis next?

I'm telling you right now don't be shocked if the fight doesn't turn out the way you think.

Theres always that one person you shouldnt have fucked with...

Jake paul..meet tyron woodley

This isnt a guy with no striking...

Big mistake by the Paul camp...

First floyd is gunna smash Logan
And
Then woodley gunna decapitate Jake..
Lmaoooo what a shock you think Woodley will win

Your takes are soooooo baaaaad, I’m gonna find you after Leon murders Nate and Paul murders Woodley. Both are huge mismatches with very obvious outcomes only truly uneducated fools could be confused about.

MMA striking is a totally different thing than pure Boxing, there are tons of things you can do in Boxing that don’t work in MMA. For example a lot of guys in Boxing move their head in an exaggerated way that would get you head kicked in MMA, there are a thousand things like that, that make MMA striking totally different. If you put Floyd against Holloway in a pure mma striking match Floyd would get fucked up even in the boxing, it’s just different.

Lmao stop watching MMA and go watch Boxing if MMA sucks so bad

Big doubt on that Mayweather claim of yours. Also you would have a point if Jake was a legit pro with an intricate boxing game who could give the MMA fighter some looks standing, not a youtuber who just started.

Also I love MMA and would pick it over boxing any day of the week, but I think we can agree that its gonna be a bad day for MMA if Woodley loses this.

Then again theres Mir who held his own against a boxer, and he wasnt near the best striker at HW, so eeh idk what to make of this. This whole discussion is based on Woodley losing. Maybe he wins and all is right in the world.

woodley won't let his hands go ... jake paul takes this

Not sure how i feel about this... MMA fighters going to Thriller to get rekt for money while the casuals look down upon our sport.

I'll watch.
Well I have to say I'm not sure who wins this one. Woodley is not really a boxer although he has a lot of power

If Paul loses he gets paid handsomely to cement himself as a bad ass. There's only one downside here and it's the beating itself.

Plus being undefeated isn't always a good thing. You constantly have people wanting to prove themselves to others by beating you. That life get's old. The key is being able to transition and for Woodley that's the upside to a fight like this. Win or loose he should be able to buy himself a McDonalds run by a management firm with his earnings.

Hoping Tyron takes this seriously and gets on some good juice as well. Because Paul is taking some good shit for sure. And there ain’t gonna be no testing for this freak show

Why do you think Jake Paul's team picked Woodley next? Woodley isn't even a big name(its not like being B side against Mayweather).....why wouldn't they try and milk this thing longer and have him fight Dillon Danis next?

I'm telling you right now don't be shocked if the fight doesn't turn out the way you think.

Oh I’m ready to accept a Woodley loss, and I’m ready to afterwards question everything I thought I knew about combat sports and where MMA ranks in the striking department.

That makes it even worse. Perry is strictly a striker who has some solid wins over guys like Felder, Ellenburger, Roberts, split with Luque. Also Tito had atrocious striking on the level of a LHW Shields, plus didnt Dana grow up boxing? Woodley is a much better striker than Tito even if his entire offensive arsenal is only that right hand.
You only throw a overhand in boxing when you're 100% sure it's going to land. Like when the opponent is super rocked or tired or injured or something. The overhand was like the first technique ever taught in boxing. It's been used for hundreds of years and is considered a rookie punch. In MMA you can get away with spamming that shit because the sport is so diverse and so young.

Also in boxing there is something called "in fighting". This type of fighting takes place when the fighters get close to eachother in a clinch like situation. That's a world Tyron never been in, because when two fighters get that close to eachother in MMA, the fight turns to grappling. The energy system and new forms of punching from different angles will shock Woodley to say the least.

TLDR: Tyron is fucked.

Wait which of the million exact same threads do I post in? This one seems to have the most right now and is in UFC discussion. Okie.

Well I said when Askren vs Paul was announced 'what universe is this' ...whatever universe it is we are still in it.

You only throw a overhand in boxing when you're 100% sure it's going to land. Like when the opponent is super rocked or tired or injured or something. The overhand was like the first technique ever taught in boxing. It's been used for hundreds of years and is considered a rookie punch. In MMA you can get away with spamming that shit because the sport is so diverse and so young.

Also in boxing there is something called "in fighting". This type of fighting takes place when the fighters get close to eachother in a clinch like situation. That's a world Tyron never been in, because when two fighters get that close to eachother in MMA, the fight turns to grappling. The energy system and new forms of punching from different angles will shock Woodley to say the least.

TLDR: Tyron is fucked.

Yes, and hes fighting a youtuber. Not a seasoned pro. Thats my point.

Big doubt on that Mayweather claim of yours. Also you would have a point if Jake was a legit pro with an intricate boxing game who could give the MMA fighter some looks standing, not a youtuber who just started.

Also I love MMA and would pick it over boxing any day of the week, but I think we can agree that its gonna be a bad day for MMA if Woodley loses this.

Then again theres Mir who held his own against a boxer, and he wasnt near the best striker at HW, so eeh idk what to make of this. This whole discussion is based on Woodley losing. Maybe he wins and all is right in the world.
You can get pretty fucking good at something in 3-4 years, he didn’t start last month.

It will be a bad look for MMA because of casuals perception of this like you, anyone who understands this knows MMA guys can’t box. Having good hands in MMA doesn’t equal having good Boxing, but to dummies like you it’s the same

Assumed Showtime would throw Paul some cans at first, to milk that multi-fight contract. I know Woodley is washed, but I don’t see Paul winning this, and I have to wonder how valuable he’ll be to Showtime once he loses.

He probably attracts the same type of fans as Conor. He can lose, but as long as he talks a lot they still follow him.

Lmaoooo what a shock you think Woodley will win

Your takes are soooooo baaaaad, I’m gonna find you after Leon murders Nate and Paul murders Woodley. Both are huge mismatches with very obvious outcomes only truly uneducated fools could be confused about.

Lmfao...jake paul is not a boxer and hasnt fought anyone who actually trains striking....

Woodley has and has k.o. power...ur the one whos mistaken...

And come find me ill.be here...looking for your ass when nate fucks leons world up...how do you like your crow cooked bitch?

n1DJvI.gif

Back