News Paul vs Woodley Confirmed

Who wins?

• Total voters
Read the first page and seems 50-50 on the outcome.

For those saying Paul, did you guys not see how Paul reacted to Askren's shitty punches? He was curling up like a bitch. Now imagine someone with power, speed, and hands; this should be an easy win for Woodley.

And Conor, don’t forget the original 0-1 MMA guy who thought he could box
Conor lander more punches on Floyd than any other boxer, Conor destroys anyone at 145 his natural weight.

In this fight, I like how Paul keeps fighting tiny men.,

It's just a totally different game, way more specialized training. The ability of a 100% trained boxer to fight in a phone booth with head movement, footwork, timing, distance etc. just doesn't apply to MMA and MMA boxing only slightly applies to actual boxing. I did boxing for a good while, but none of that shit applies when someone can kick or wrestle you. It's just two completely different sports, I'm not knocking one or the other, I know MMA guys will kick a boxers ass in the cage and Boxers will kick an MMA guys ass in the ring
You're acting like Jake Paul is a legitimate boxer. This ain't Mayweather v.s. McGregor.

You don’t think Danis is a bigger name than woodley do you?

No I didn't say that. I am saying Paul's camp would not choose to fight Woodley next if they weren't confident in beating him. They would go for Danis next if they thought Woodley too much since Danis is an easier fight. If they are going to fight Woodley now is the time to do it instead of waiting until next year. Give him the least amount of time to prepare and he's coming off of a fight where he was rocked multiple times.

This is just sad, they are picking off the easiest targets to build his boxing record up. Woodley has power but no jab and has been completely timid in all but his most recent fight. Even IF he comes with aggression I don't see him having the stamina for boxing 8 or more rounds.
Woodley is literally one of the last people who should be taking this fight, but of course maybe thats the point.

No I didn't say that. I am saying Paul's camp would not choose to fight Woodley next if they weren't confident in beating him. They would go for Danis next if they thought Woodley too much since Danis is an easier fight. If they are going to fight Woodley now is the time to do it instead of waiting until next year. Give him the least amount of time to prepare and he's coming off of a fight where he was rocked multiple times.
I agree that his camp is making very calculated moves. The build up in difficulty in his career has been perfectly structured and beating woodley will set up maybe the biggest fight of all time against mayweather after the Logan fight.

Yes, I said biggest fight of all time, and I’m not 100% sure of that but I wouldn’t be the least bit shocked if it broke virtually every record.

Jake Paul should be fighting robots at this point sending humans in there with him is too dangerous

Read the first page and seems 50-50 on the outcome.

For those saying Paul, did you guys not see how Paul reacted to Askren's shitty punches? He was curling up like a bitch. Now imagine someone with power, speed, and hands; this should be an easy win for Woodley.
Umm, no.

He's probably worked with some good coaches, but I would guess it was never more than 10-20% focus during his training camp. Even then the boxing he did was probably more MMA focused where you're being light on your front foot, and accounting for the fact that you can be kneed, kicked, taken down etc.. I'm not totally discounting Tyron in this fight, but Jake has a height, size, and reach advantage and has been been training 100% boxing for a while.

But he has been doing it professionally for almost 15 years. He has also been actually fighting and kocking out guys who are good strikers. Actual fights. Jake hasn't done shit. He has been training boxing for 2 years and that's it. For those 2 years you don't even know how hard he has actually trained. Do you think he has been training everyday with great training partners and a great coach for that time period? I see no evidence of it. The dude probably had a couple of good training camps and that's it. You're seriously overestimating his training. You're also ignoring the fact that him and his brother are surrounded by yes men. Logan says nobody got the better of him in a sparring match. That tells you all you need to know about the quality of their training.

At the same time, you're underestimating the value of actually fighting. Getting in there, year after year and being pushed to your limit. Jake did none of that. He doesn't even know what it is like to be in a bad spot with millions watching. He's less than an amateur.

But I think Paul will take this. I think people confuse the ability to throw good punches and being a good boxer.

But there's no evidence Jake is a good boxer. You can only assess someone's ability when you see them fighting against someone good. Who did you see Jake fight? Nobody. Can Jake even take a good right hand? You don't know. Does Jake have good cardio? You don't know. Is Jake mentally tough? Can he come back from a beating? You don't know. You haven't seen it. Plus, based on the little we've seen, his technique is piss poor. Until he landed that final punch on that NBA guy he was looking awkward in there. He wasn't moving like a pro.

BTW: Did you see Ben dodging Jake's punch and landing a nice overhand right? In that particular moment, Ben looked like a pro. Fluid and nice timing. I know he lost, but think about this: Ben is as bad as a striker as you can get. If a guy that completely neglects his own striking and never uses it can land a punch like that on Jake, believe me, that shows you how bad Jake is.

Tyron will win. Mark my words. Wanna bet accounts?

In fairness, an 0-0 record is actually better than a lot of opponents that actual boxers face early in their pro career

I hear you, but fighting a guy who is 0-12 is a more valuable opponent than a guy who is 0-0, at least in my opinion.

Woodley will freeze up like always, that kid will light him up Woodley will gas and lose the DEC. He might even get finished.

I hear you, but fighting a guy who is 0-12 is a more valuable opponent than a guy who is 0-0, at least in my opinion.
Idk about that but I guess there are a lot of variables

Tyson fury’s little brother has gotten some pretty lately for a really questionable record of opponents. To me that’s shady and happens way too often.

Conor lander more punches on Floyd than any other boxer, Conor destroys anyone at 145 his natural weight.

In this fight, I like how Paul keeps fighting tiny men.,

You really don't know boxing. When's the last time you've seen floyd walk anyone down like he walked down conor? There's a reason why he landed more punches, floyd was not scared of them.

Woodley lost few steps in last years, but he has never even been knocked down in the UFC as far as i remember. It will be even harder to hurt him in these big ass gloves.

T-Wood's boxing is like few levels above Askren's ( ben'shis boxing is pretty much non existant) so if MMA loses again it will make the sport look really bad.

Woodley will put up a much better fight then Askren. This will be the real gauge for Jake.
Basically....this.
This will be the first time Jake Paul has fought a legit striker, someone powerful, in shape, someone who will have cardio and power and hard training and also will be more or less a match physically.
Yes Woodley is shorter, about 5'9" and Jake Paul is about 6'0" but Woodley in fight shape will probably be STRONG and he is genuinely an ex-UFC champion.

So...this is a definite major step-up for Jake Paul and I'm actually interested in how this fight goes.
Not too sure what happens here, but you have to give Jake Paul credit that he is quite definitely taking a couple of steps up here.

No Woodley is obviously not a boxer per se, but he knows what he is doing with striking and this should not be a 1st round walkover that the Askren fight was.

But he has been doing it professionally for almost 15 years. He has also been actually fighting and kocking out guys who are good strikers. Actual fights. Jake hasn't done shit. He has been training boxing for 2 years and that's it. For those 2 years you don't even know how hard he has actually trained. Do you think he has been training everyday with great training partners and a great coach for that time period? I see no evidence of it. The dude probably had a couple of good training camps and that's it. You're seriously overestimating his training. You're also ignoring the fact that him and his brother are surrounded by yes men. Logan says nobody got the better of him in a sparring match. That tells you all you need to know about the quality of their training.

At the same time, you're underestimating the value of actually fighting. Getting in there, year after year and being pushed to your limit. Jake did none of that. He doesn't even know what it is like to be in a bad spot with millions watching. He's less than an amateur.

But there's no evidence Jake is a good boxer. You can only assess someone's ability when you see them fighting against someone good. Who did you see Jake fight? Nobody. Can Jake even take a good right hand? You don't know. Does Jake have good cardio? You don't know. Is Jake mentally tough? Can he come back from a beating? You don't know. You haven't seen it. Plus, based on the little we've seen, his technique is piss poor. Until he landed that final punch on that NBA guy he was looking awkward in there. He wasn't moving like a pro.

BTW: Did you see Ben dodging Jake's punch and landing a nice overhand right? In that particular moment, Ben looked like a pro. Fluid and nice timing. I know he lost, but think about this: Ben is as bad as a striker as you can get. If a guy that completely neglects his own striking and never uses it can land a punch like that on Jake, believe me, that shows you how bad Jake is.

Tyron will win. Mark my words. Wanna bet accounts?
You wrote all that just to make the same cookie-cutter points people who had Askren winning made

Last edited:
Worth pointing out that Jake has officially opened up as the odds on favourite to win

Not sure how i feel about this... MMA fighters going to Thriller to get rekt for money while the casuals look down upon our sport.

I'll watch.
ummm...it's now Showtime. Not triller anymore. (as I'm sure other posters before have pointed out....I just saw this thread).

Back