Paulie Malignaggi Discusses Sparring with Conor McGregor, Trash Talk Has black eye lil beat up

^ Why is the one (1; ONE) fighter he had trouble with the sample? What about all the other UFC fighters, many with decent boxing, that he murked with nothing but accurate, powerful laser strikes?

The dude is a freak athlete and all time great - his current UFC resume already attests to that. The sooner you haters realize that, the happier you'll be.

Conor fights smaller guys and it has always been one of his greatest advantages. He is a good fighter but greatly benefits from this fact. I want to see him fight an elite fighter that is just as big as he is.

202, homeboi - rounds four and five.
He struggled like hell in those rounds, Nate basically gased too, lucky for Conor because if he is that ineffective and shows such immobility against Floyd in the later rounds it's good night for Conor, for sure. Ok Conor got something of a second wind in the 4:th but still if something similar to that tempo shows up he is in deep shit.

I mean Conor already has defensive problems when it comes to striking, so if we on that throws in him gasing after a couple of rounds, he is out!

Mayweather and WME did great business.

U all realize that Dana and Conor had no say in this right?

Last edited:
if conor walked through paulie he might be able to walk through floyd and eventually land something. i still don't see conor ko'ing floyd, i see him gassing hard around the 7th or 8th. the combination of walking through floyds punches, chasing floyd, missing many punches, heavier gloves than he is used to, etc etc, is going to make conor quit like he did in the 1st diaz fight. conor will demand a rematch, perhaps in a ufc format and floyd will walk away a billionaire.
Don't think he walked through paulie, but there is still a diffference between Paulie and Floyd, or I would rather say a well trained Floyd in camp prepared to fight and a Paulie who came of the couch, having a couple of bears the day before:

He struggled like hell in those rounds, Nate basically gased too, lucky for Conor because if he is that ineffective and shows such immobility against Floyd in the later rounds it's good night for Conor, for sure. Ok Conor got something of a second wind in the 4:th but still if something similar to that tempo shows up he is in deep shit.

I mean Conor already has defensive problems when it comes to striking, so if we on that throws in him gasing after a couple of rounds, he is out!
Nate was gassed because Conor wisely invested in leg and body shots early.

Conor only has defensive problems with guys like Nate who are long and rangey and have some attributes, otherwise he'll rip your whole damn head off.

Nate was gassed because Conor wisely invested in leg and body shots early.

Conor only has defensive problems with guys like Nate who are long and rangey and have some attributes, otherwise he'll rip your whole damn head off.
1. Ok, but he can't kick Floyd.McGregor never boxed professionally,
2. Chad Mendes is neither long or rangey and he still hit Conor standing.
3. Floyd will have the timing and footwork advantage over Conor. Floyd made a living out of timing opponents and keeping them out of rhythm with sharp and precise footwork.

4.Conor is a counter fighter , as is Floyd too, but Floyd approach tends to lean more toward defense & controlling his opponent's work rate,
which means he doesn't punch aggressively enough to knock his opponents out with regularity (which means there will be less oppportunity for Conors counters, Floyd and ruching in like Aldo or leaning forward like Nate). Instead Floyd counters them or potshots them.

Don't drink to much of the kool aid, if
a prepared and in-shape Mayweather shows up he
should be able to elude whatever storm he faces in the first few rounds before gradually following his traditional script and beating conor
into a precision pulp as the fight extends.

Last edited:
McGregor lost what basically amounted to a boxing match to Diaz the first time. The second time he finished the fight on his back and couldn't even get a unanimous decision. Do I believe he's outboxing pro boxers when he couldn't convincingly outbox Diaz in 2 attempts? Not really.

MMA math. stupid casual

Conor fights smaller guys and it has always been one of his greatest advantages. He is a good fighter but greatly benefits from this fact. I want to see him fight an elite fighter that is just as big as he is.

I remember shertards telling how Diamonds Dustin Poorier is an elite fighter and he will finish Conor.

He's bigger than Conor.

Haha it's almost like posting sparring videos for your opponent to analyze is a bad idea

I hope you don't think Floyd is taking this fight that seriously. Conor could put out an entire sparring session and I doubt Floyd would give any fucks.
You clearly don't know anything about Floyd.

Yes he trains very hard when he's facing top boxers. Not 0-0 amateurs

Current 5'11'' FW champion, 1 legged.

IVIF8vL.gif

Current 5'11'' FW champion, 1 legged.

IVIF8vL.gif

I think everyone knows he was young and is not the same fighter now. I would love to see that rematch but it would be yet another undersized fighter that Conor would be fighting.

I think everyone knows he was young and is not the same fighter now. I would love to see that rematch but it would be yet another undersized fighter that Conor would be fighting.
So Max has totally transformed his game and evolved since that fight but McGregor hasn't? McGregor was 1-0 in the UFC when he demolished Max.

So Max has totally transformed his game and evolved since that fight but McGregor hasn't? McGregor was 1-0 in the UFC when he demolished Max.

Did I say that? Jesus you guys are so damn sensitive.

Max was basically still going through puberty at that point. Yes, Conor has improved since then but not at the same rate as Max. For perspective, Max is currently the same age as Conor was at the time of that fight. You make massive leaps in development in your early twenties. Even with Conor if you watch his early fights pre-cage warriors you see a massive jump in skill in his early twenties. Much more so than what we've seen since he came to the UFC. His striking wasn't anything special in the early days of his career.

Back