Paulo "the natural" Costa said he wants to be as dominant as Anderson Silva at MW

I agree the Brock incident was a botch job
Yes, it was, which is called being corrupt. That´s enough for the agency to lose it´s credibility. For me at least.
No, I wouldn't. If this hypothetical "BRAZADA" was structured in a similar and transparent way I'd definitely inclined to trust it. You're acting like USADA didn't pop Brock, it just caught him post fight (like it did Jones, and like it did Anderson). It's caught a great number of cheaters, both in the US and in Brazil.
I reeeeally don´t see USADA being as transparent as you see. Once you see signs of corruption like we did, it´s really hard to trust again.

Yes, it was, which is called being corrupt. That´s enough for the agency to lose it´s credibility. For me at least.

I reeeeally don´t see USADA being as transparent as you see. Once you see signs of corruption like we did, it´s really hard to trust again.
What are you seeing here? USADA caught Brock post-fight. You're acting like this is somehow unprecedented for a roider to be caught after being allowed to fight. Anderson was caught after he fought Diaz. Jones was caught after he fought DC. That's not corruption, it's just bad timing (unless you're saying USADA is corrupt in favor of Anderson).

I'm not sure how conspiracy theories that USADA Is corrupt and has some kind of anti-brazilian agenda are more credible than just accepting that Anderson used PEDs.

What are you seeing here? USADA caught Brock post-fight. You're acting like this is somehow unprecedented for a roider to be caught after being allowed to fight. Anderson was caught after he fought Diaz. Jones was caught after he fought DC. That's not corruption, it's just bad timing (unless you're saying USADA is corrupt in favor of Anderson).

I'm not sure how conspiracy theories that USADA Is corrupt and has some kind of anti-brazilian agenda are more credible than just accepting that Anderson used PEDs.
It´s hardly bad timing. The UFC exempted him, knowing perfectly he was probably on PEDs.

Kind of reminds me of a young Victor Belfort, killer instinct and scary power.
View attachment 396269

11-0 and facing Hall soon at 226, arm injury fully healed hopefully, could be a great stand up war...been a fan of Uriah since he was on TUF, hard to pick a winner but maybe a decision for Borrachinha, if he can avoid this:

No way this fight goes to a decision. Paulo's pressure is crazy, and Uriah doesn´t like being pressured. But at the same time he pulls some crazy stuff like this outta nowhere.
9zw1Og.gif

The thing is, Hall needs some room to do his thing, and Mousasi is a very methodical guy that likes to take his time, and he was just there standing in front of Hall. Costa is not gonna just "stand there" , so I think Uriah is gonna take a nap on this one.

It´s hardly bad timing. The UFC exempted him, knowing perfectly he was probably on PEDs.
Yes, as I mentioned earlier in previous posts, it was a botch job due to the exemption to the 6 month rule the UFC got for him to compete in 200.

it's not evidence that USADA itself is corrupt, as Brock's samples tested positive and were duly reported.

Wrong body type, I've already seen him slow down, in a five rounder he will struggle.

Yes, as I mentioned earlier in previous posts, it was a botch job due to the exemption to the 6 month rule the UFC got for him to compete in 200.

it's not evidence that USADA itself is corrupt, as Brock's samples tested positive and were duly reported.
It´s a game. The UFC wants to sell u the idea that it is interested in winning this endless and unwinnable war against PEDs.

It´s a game. The UFC wants to sell u the idea that it is interested in winning this endless and unwinnable war against PEDs.
Its all perception, they have the fighters return as soon as possible, anyone who thinks they really give a shit is a mug.

Sure, but you can't deny its had an effect. Even if it just reduces use and forces users to be more conservative with the gear they take. There have been notable physical changes across the roster, and many who were suspect for years have been caught/changed physically.

You can't eliminate PEDs from the sport but surely this is better than open season?

Sure, but you can't deny its had an effect. Even if it just reduces use and forces users to be more conservative with the gear they take. There have been notable physical changes across the roster, and many who were suspect for years have been caught/changed physically.

You can't eliminate PEDs from the sport but surely this is better than open season?
I mean... If it really had an effect, fighters wouldnt even try. If they´re still trying, means that they know many ways of cheating without getting caught.

Even No Rush acknowledged it recently.

There´s always been a technological gap btw cheaters & testers. Used to be 10 yrs in the 1980s-90s. Must be a lil less these days...

Exactly @gono btw .
Like I said @Sapp , everyone knew Brock was obviously on PEDs, specially USADA. It´s unacceptable imo for USADA to let him fight just to "save the show".

Exactly @gono btw .
Like I said @Sapp , everyone knew Brock was obviously on PEDs, specially USADA. It´s unacceptable imo for USADA to let him fight just to "save the show".
So the UFC managing to get Brock an exemption to the 6-month testing period (and Brock testing positive and getting suspended subsequently) means that Anderson Silva is innocent/the test results should be ignored? You'll have to explain this leap. Surely its not that just because you find Brock competing sketchy you think that USADA has forged Anderson's positive samples twice?

I mean... If it really had an effect, fighters wouldnt even try. If they´re still trying, means that they know many ways of cheating without getting caught.

Even No Rush acknowledged it recently.

There´s always been a technological gap btw cheaters & testers. Used to be 10 yrs in the 1980s-90s. Must be a lil less these days...
Not sure how you can argue it hasn't had an effect. Top fighters like Jones (the ones for whom designer PEDs are most readily available) have tested positive. Obviously its a flawed system and there are still clearly plenty of ways to cheat (and many aren't getting caught), but nevertheless the use has been restricted and many people are getting popped. You'll never see someone built like Bob Sapp competing under this kind of drug testing. The peak Lesnar will likely never reappear.

So the UFC managing to get Brock an exemption to the 6-month testing period (and Brock testing positive and getting suspended subsequently) means that Anderson Silva is innocent/the test results should be ignored? You'll have to explain this leap. Surely its not that just because you find Brock competing sketchy you think that USADA has forged Anderson's positive samples twice?
USADA is testing all the fighers. They just proved they can´t be trusted.

This thing u wrote:

"(and Brock testing positive and getting suspended subsequently)"

is quite disturbing tbh...

You´re trying to legitimize a process knowing that ethically, it´s pretty scandalous... There are some risks involved, wont u agree...

Not sure how you can argue it hasn't had an effect. Top fighters like Jones (the ones for whom designer PEDs are most readily available) have tested positive. Obviously its a flawed system and there are still clearly plenty of ways to cheat (and many aren't getting caught), but nevertheless the use has been restricted and many people are getting popped. You'll never see someone built like Bob Sapp competing under this kind of drug testing. The peak Lesnar will likely never reappear.
As I said, it´s a limited effect. Im actually not the only one arguing about that, IIRC... Even No Rush acknowledged it last week.

USADA is testing the all the fighers. They just proved they can´t be trusted.
It shows nothing about their test results. If anything it shows that the enforcing of the 6-month period is sketchy and can be influenced by the UFC. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether their test results are accurate. You're making a huge leap.

Back