Media Payton Talbott Is Sean O'Malley 2.0 - Update: Calls Out Dominick Cruz Next Fight

Anyone knows what is the title of Payton's walk out song? TIA

this young fighter is definitely one to look out for, very crisp striking though he did get hit a few times

And credit to Saaiman for suriving the knee and follow up punches

He has some very impressive intangibles… his shot placement and ability to roll with punches at the precise point are very impressive, that’s just natural talent.

With some good coaching and management this guy can be a player at FW… the UFC may have found a hidden gem.
He is very unlikely to make any waves at FW.

The big difference is dude was classy as fuck, and not obnoxious at all like Suga. He's more varied in his attacks as well.

Talbot is the next generation BW. If he keeps improving, I think in a few years he's going to run through everyone in the top 10.

His grappling is sus. He had his back taken, mounted by a no name last fight before this

But BW is so matchup dependent he could legit beat Sean OMalley but get cooked by like Mario Bautista
He apparently has high level BJJ, his wrestling is probably really sus then.

Him vs Rob Font would be fun if they wanna push him.

i'm liking what I see so far

that was a cute call out

oops I'm in the wrong thread lol. I've been fucking up all night. sorry!

There’s certain things you can’t teach. I remember Jorge in his prime had this uncanny ability to slip punches at the exact second before impact with the most minimal movement… Talbott has something similar to that where he has no exaggeration in his defense and gets just enough out of the way to take the pop out of significant strikes and remain in position to land counters.

I hope his team can continue to build him up appropriately.

I haven’t been this impressed with a new FW since Lopes and Topuria before him.

that's good distance control, timing, and reaction time. tell tale signs of a dangerous striker.

Back