Media Payton Talbott Is Sean O'Malley 2.0 - Update: Calls Out Dominick Cruz Next Fight

i think he's more like alex pereira. walks in with no respect, lands big power. has some flashy kicks when he needs them.

Jesus christ he looks crisp and he supposedly has really good BJJ as well.
He just ran through another touted prospect.

SORRY!! More LIKE 5.0....5G... He reminded me of Anderson Silva, back when he was destroying everybody , if I'm O'Malley ... I'm staying far , far away from this Man. Can't hurt him and he keeps coming forward, smiling and destroying his opponent, making them look amateur and toothless .

Poor Dom. He'd kill him. He looked really good against Saimann, who ain't a can

The amount of talent in the world, not the UFC but world is insane at 135lbs.

Yryskeldi Duysheev, Renat Khavalov, Khuseyn Shaykhaev, Austin Bashi, Jean Matsumoto, Asaf Chopurov, Felipe Lima, Khalim Nazruloev etc etc. Just elite prospects after elite prospect. Everyone I named is 26 or younger too. Payton Talbott is great, he's one of many though.

Stupid hair
retarded tattoos
Likes to get leg kicked

All the ingredients for a O Malley are there. Shorter and less reach though.

Good young fighter though

The amount of talent in the world, not the UFC but world is insane at 135lbs.

Yryskeldi Duysheev, Renat Khavalov, Khuseyn Shaykhaev, Austin Bashi, Jean Matsumoto, Asaf Chopurov, Felipe Lima, Khalim Nazruloev etc etc. Just elite prospects after elite prospect. Everyone I named is 26 or younger too. Payton Talbott is great, he's one of many though.
It's gotta be the argument that DC made that for that size males are "too small" for other professional sports as opposed to bigger weight classes going into other pro sports which is why the skill level is far less the higher weight class you go.

Which is why the most elite athletes at that size cross over to MMA over other sports.

I know one when I see one. I said the same about O'Malley back in like 18 or 19 (look it up, there's a thread out there somewhere).

This kid just has it.

Him and O'Malley are both weight bullies, should be fighting at 145/155. Imagine those two fighting the likes of Islam, Holloway, Oliveira, Volk, Toperia, ect.

Kid is a stud but what is with those bizarre matching solid black circle tattoos on his stomach and back.

It's gotta be the argument that DC made that for that size males are "too small" for other professional sports as opposed to bigger weight classes going into other pro sports which is why the skill level is far less the higher weight class you go.

Which is why the most elite athletes at that size cross over to MMA over other spPalmas?

Well, that's a fraction of it. Think 170lbs, what's the size range? 5'10-6'2 and 185-205lbs when at 12-18% bodyfat. Is probably optimal. What percentage of the world is that big? A very small percentage but it's not SUPER uncommon. Once you hit 185lbs we are talking 6ft-6'4 men that are around 200-220lbs at 12-18% body fat, at this point the talent pool is so insanely small its crazy. LHW and HW it gets increasingly worse. Basketball and US Football uniquely draw from MW+ Sized athletes specifically. Not so much does Baseball, Soccer, Tennis, Cricket etc. The real issue is its just such a tiny portion of the population. Boxing is barren at CW and HW too. Way less elite 200+lb talent in Judo or Wrestling.

Well, that's a fraction of it. Think 170lbs, what's the size range? 5'10-6'2 and 185-205lbs when at 12-18% bodyfat. Is probably optimal. What percentage of the world is that big? A very small percentage but it's not SUPER uncommon. Once you hit 185lbs we are talking 6ft-6'4 men that are around 200-220lbs at 12-18% body fat, at this point the talent pool is so insanely small its crazy. LHW and HW it gets increasingly worse. Basketball and US Football uniquely draw from MW+ Sized athletes specifically. Not so much does Baseball, Soccer, Tennis, Cricket etc. The real issue is its just such a tiny portion of the population. Boxing is barren at CW and HW too. Way less elite 200+lb talent in Judo or Wrestling.
Yeah i'd cite that as the core reason LW and below which is typically non-applicable for recruitment to other pro sports are by far the best divisions usually across all promotions really.

Yeah i'd cite that as the core reason LW and below which is typically non-applicable for recruitment to other pro sports are by far the best divisions usually across all promotions really.

That's not true, plenty of soccer players at LWs, plenty of Tennis players are LW/WW size, plenty of Baseball players are LW/WW sized. Cricket of course, gymnasts, table tennis players, Hockey etc etc. And to be frank, Welterweight is massively deeper with talent world wide than 185lbs, 205lbs and HW. You could make an argument it's close to even footing to 155 and below, but I do agree it's slightly shallower. Gotta remember LWs are like 5'9-6ft and 180-190lb guys in pretty damn good shape. Guys in the NFL are this size sometimes.

Most people in the world when fit aren't heavier than 180lbs or above 5'10. Lower divisions will always be deeper. I don't think other sports recruiting talent has ever been the core reason, but rather the lack of stability and earn-ability in combat sports and also lack of popularity even with boxing. Plus, obviously...the biggest reason, there's way less people in the world who are that large. Even though everyone from the Caucasus wrestles, there's very few guys per generation that have the size of Artur Taymazov or Bilyal Makhov and talent.

Stupid hair
retarded tattoos
Likes to get leg kicked

All the ingredients for a O Malley are there. Shorter and less reach though.

Good young fighter though

I actually think his tattoos look great and the kid looks like Vinny Chase from Entourage.

Plus he wears crop tops and does pole dancing.

Im not sure if this is the right move or a bit much at this point, Cruz is still good.

hype-train.gif

If c-rod goes back to 135 this is the next fight to make.talbott impressed me tonight

Risky call out of Dom

Dom could pull out of the scheduled fight like 6 times in a row

Wondering if Saaiman deserved an easier fight after taking a beating from a guy that missed weight, he was in no obligation to take that fight and they give him a guy that seems to be even tougher next, good way to lose 2 in a row.

Zero regard for Simon’s offense. Basically walked him down. Simon has a serious chin tho. He took a lot of punishment in rd. 1.

Back