Peak W Klitchko vs peak Lewis

Agree to disagree.

Why would I waste my time assembling a montage when we'll just disagree anyway? Makes no sense. It's an exercise in stupidty, much like asking someone to assemble a montage for that very purpose.

There is no comparison. Lewis jab is light years better

I'd have to take Lewis here, he's slower on foot and less well conditioned, but I think his infighting ability and superior chin would be the deciding factors. Wlad always struggled with good infighters and Lewis is big and strong enough that Wlad can't just shut him down by clinching. He'd have to take some leather to get inside though, and god knows you don't want that Wlad leather.

Pretty close to 50-50 fight, but I think Lewis takes it either way TKO or UD.

If Wlad has a glass jaw, how come he came back after the first knock down in the AJ fight?? I think it's underrated

If Wlad has a glass jaw, how come he came back after the first knock down in the AJ fight?? I think it's underrated

He wasn’t hit cleanly for the first. He was buzzed a little and then clubbed to the floor under the pressure. It fooled Joshua though who went for the finish and barely made the end if the round himself.

The uppercut was the first shot to really hurt wlad and he couldn’t recover from that shot. Had he been hurt like that in the 5th then he wouldn’t have got out of that round

Joshua didn’t land many clean shots all night. When he did he hurt wlad. He hasn’t got a good chin, it’s not underrated, but he showed a load of heart in that fight. That’s what was underrated

He wasn’t hit cleanly for the first. He was buzzed a little and then clubbed to the floor under the pressure. It fooled Joshua though who went for the finish and barely made the end if the round himself.

The uppercut was the first shot to really hurt wlad and he couldn’t recover from that shot. Had he been hurt like that in the 5th then he wouldn’t have got out of that round

Joshua didn’t land many clean shots all night. When he did he hurt wlad. He hasn’t got a good chin, it’s not underrated, but he showed a load of heart in that fight. That’s what was underrated

AJ knocks out anyone he hits clean

AJ knocks out anyone he hits clean

He hit Wlad clean, but it didn’t knock him out.

200w.gif

Peak Lewis was 92 in my opinion and he was scary.. Why did he change his style? He was much faster and elusive. His stance was also different. Did he just get old and put on weight? I think Lewis before Steward was better.

See Lewis- Ruddock and you know what I'm talking about.

This is just wrong on so many levels

Lewis was faster, but he was also vulnerable as the only real top fighter he had beaten at that point was Ruddock, who wasnt as good as many thought and his main claim to fame was losing to Tyson twice.

After his struggles against both Tucker and Bruno, he needed to change things and didnt, which is why he ended up losing to McCall, the version of Lewis that Steward modelled was far superior, bigger, tougher, better variety of punches, more ring craft...basically everything other than speed.

Agree to disagree.

Why would I waste my time assembling a montage when we'll just disagree anyway? Makes no sense. It's an exercise in stupidty, much like asking someone to assemble a montage for that very purpose.
You’re one of the people who doesn’t troll around here, so I wasn’t calling you out except I think you are totally wrong on the point about the jab. Lennox didn’t have a tell and threw it like a piston. Wlad left his hand hanging out to dry to make sure nobody could get inside on him.

Wlad deffo doesn't have a glass jaw.
Glass chin is the most overused terms in fight sports. Its like anytime someone gets hurt or finished they catch that label. Its crazy.

You’re one of the people who doesn’t troll around here, so I wasn’t calling you out except I think you are totally wrong on the point about the jab. Lennox didn’t have a tell and threw it like a piston. Wlad left his hand hanging out to dry to make sure nobody could get inside on him.

I appreciate the thoughtful reply, and I can respect your opinion here, but I don't see eye to eye with you on this. Just the way it's going to be.

A quote once attributed to Voltaire is in my head right now (in part due to this conversation). I feel like it sums things up: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

"Defend to the death" might be strong usage here, but the sentiment is accurate.

I appreciate the thoughtful reply, and I can respect your opinion here, but I don't see eye to eye with you on this. Just the way it's going to be.

A quote once attributed to Voltaire is in my head right now (in part due to this conversation). I feel like it sums things up: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

"Defend to the death" might be strong usage here, but the sentiment is accurate.
That’s all good by me. If you have and opinion and a means to back up the opinion I have no I’ll feelings. Have a good day bro.

Lewis was losing. He cut Vitali up.

If that doesnt get stopped on cuts Vitali finishes him.

Watch Vitali holding on for his life at the end of the 6th round after he got clipped on the temple with a right hand. He was spent and ready to go. Fat out of shape Lewis too. Peak Lewis KO's him clean. He KO's Wlad even easier and also blasts Joshua out. Picking Wlad to beat Lewis by anything other than a lucky shot is completely ridiculous. Lewis at his peak was a few levels above these guys.

Watch Vitali holding on for his life at the end of the 6th round after he got clipped on the temple with a right hand. He was spent and ready to go. Fat out of shape Lewis too. Peak Lewis KO's him clean. He KO's Wlad even easier and also blasts Joshua out. Picking Wlad to beat Lewis by anything other than a lucky shot is completely ridiculous. Lewis at his peak was a few levels above these guys.
Entire post is hyperbole.

This is just wrong on so many levels

Lewis was faster, but he was also vulnerable as the only real top fighter he had beaten at that point was Ruddock, who wasnt as good as many thought and his main claim to fame was losing to Tyson twice.

After his struggles against both Tucker and Bruno, he needed to change things and didnt, which is why he ended up losing to McCall, the version of Lewis that Steward modelled was far superior, bigger, tougher, better variety of punches, more ring craft...basically everything other than speed.

Ad hoc. Had nothing to do with it. He lost to Mcall due to one big bomb on that tender chin. Just as the Steward crafted Lewis did to Rahman.

Peak Lewis was the earliest incarnation for my money. Steward Lewis Sucked against Ray Mercer.

Sanders gave Vitali hell. And Vitali retired Lewis

Yeah it had nothing to do with the fact that he was 40 and clearly lost any further motivation after the Tyson fight. Lennox already had 1 foot in retirement and still stopped Vitali, yet Lewis retired because of this fight, lol? You deserve all the shit you get on here posting nonsense like that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back