PED Double Standards

winkydinks

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Every time Jones or Silva get brought up, multiple people find the need to scream "tHEy'Re dRuG ChEaTs". It's assumed that they've been active roiders their entire career.

Meanwhile, O'Malley, a fucking BW who somehow has 4 one punch KOs on his record, comes back from suspension and, like magic, nobody mentions a damn thing about his history.

People on here consistently rate Werdum as one of the five best HWs of all time, and nobody talks about how roids may have contributed to his success the way they do with Jon and Silva. It's a similar story with Overeem.

There are many others too. Don't believe me? Here you go.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Doping_cases_in_mixed_martial_arts

So what's this all about guys? You know who you are. Is it about discrediting two goat candidate fighters so you have better arguments for saying that guys like GSP, Fedor, and Khabib are the best to ever do it (the former two may have juiced for all we know). Is it a resentment you hold on to because one of these two fighters beat your favorite fighter once upon a time? I'm the last person to ever want to throw this card out there, but I have to wonder whether this race related. Help me out here guys. The degree of hypocrisy I see on here when it comes to this issue is dumbfounding.

It’s mostly just insecure GSP fans who know his title reign plays second fiddle to Jon or Silva’S reign.

they have no choice but to “disqualify” Jones and Silva’s accomplishments in order to feel comfortable claiming gsp as GOAT... which obviously he isn’t.

A lot of people that know o'malley don't like o'malley. Comes off as clown and a douche. plus he isn't really well known. He's a prospect. You're comparing a prospect to elite fighters. Come on dude. Know better, do better.

PlayfulChillyIndiancow-size_restricted.gif

Haha bring back TRT Vitor Henderson GOAT Barnett most underrated HW he can't have used that much look at his body!

Illogical OP.
As pointed out in the OP, and mentioned by others in this thread, this typically comes up in GOAT conversations because there are people—like me—who don’t believe someone who used PEDs should be considered the greatest of all time. I’m a big Anderson Silva fan, but in my view he is disqualified from being GOAT. If O’Malley was in the GOAT conversation, I’d say the same.

The reason why Silva/Jon Jones are brought up is because a lot of people consider them GOAT. Easiest way to discredit them obviously. If they are out of the picture guess which fans will proclaim the other guy GOAT.

They also hint at Pride being full of ped user to discredit Fedor too lol.

It is what it is. Fans 101

Illogical OP.
As pointed out in the OP, and mentioned by others in this thread, this typically comes up in GOAT conversations because there are people—like me—who don’t believe someone who used PEDs should be considered the greatest of all time. I’m a big Anderson Silva fan, but in my view he is disqualified from being GOAT. If O’Malley was in the GOAT conversation, I’d say the same.

Well what you mean is that you don't like someone who got caught and that they should not be on the greatest of all time list.

Fedor never took a steroid test in his prime and neither did many others who some proclaim as immortal GOATS, so we don't know. These men were lucky enough to never have to take testing or get caught. In that case you would have to affirm that Fedor himself would likely be off the list of GOAT along with many others.

Many in the UFC, from champions to others have never failed a test but we do not if they were actually not on Steroids, and that is a fact.

What you mean to say is that you don't put people who have been caught on the list because you really do not know was really on steroids or not.

Anderson can be given a general pass on his violation because it was after his run and probably as a result of the break/heal. Not a good look either way, but in context these two guys aren't even in the same galaxy.

Jones committed blatant violation what, three times in his prime? However your view, this is apples and oranges. Jones will forever have an asterisk or two beside his name. Most people will stop talking about or caring about Anderson's in a decade.

Anderson can be given a general pass on his violation because it was after his run and probably as a result of the break/heal. Not a good look either way, but in context these two guys aren't even in the same galaxy.

Jones committed blatant violation what, three times in his prime? However your view, this is apples and oranges. Jones will forever have an asterisk or two beside his name. Most people will stop talking about or caring about Anderson's in a decade.

Anderson got caught, after his run, we do not really know what he did.

The general word in the forum should be "Caught".

Back