People actually think DC can win?

I personally think there is a good chance DC dominates this fight. Certainly a higher chance than Stipe doing the same.

He definitely can win. I don't expect him to, but he has a chance.

And that's the thing, TS is referring to Stipe being a better wrestler than Gustaffson, which is likely true (missed a lot of their earlier fights). But Stipe isn't a better wrestler than DC, and being a good wrestler doesn't mean he's gauranteed to shut DC down.

Yeah, I misread it, Stipe's wrestling isn't world class as far as we've seen. His game is based around boxing, not wrestling. He almost never wrestles except his last fight, and that was just because Ngannou literally has ZERO wrestling ability.

HW's get too much credit, a guy with Ngannou's knowledge and skill, in the 155 division wouldn't even make it to the UFC.

"Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus."

Stipe is bigger than Gus
Stipe is a better wrestler than Gus
Stipe is a lot smarter than Gus

How do so many of you struggle with such basic reading comprehension?

When has Stipe shown he is better wrestler than Gus? When he fought Hunt and Ngannou?

He has shown elite wrestling in that octagon to me. Just controlling a guy that enormous and that strong for five rounds is incredibly impressive. DC might try to push him on the fence and make it incredibly boring. It will be up to the champion to not allow that to happen and dictate his own offense.

Its not when the opponent is as gassed as Ngannou was.

Just like he was gonna throw Jones and Gus? He hasn't thrown anyone with actual wrestling credentials besides 50 year old middleweight Dan Henderson...
yes. he picked both up over his head and slammed them

I personally think there is a good chance DC dominates this fight. Certainly a higher chance than Stipe doing the same.

Doesn't matter if he dominates the fight, people are underestimating the gap between LHW and HW. The strength gap between the 2 divisions is just too big, Stipe just needs one punch to turn DC into a tin can. Not only will DC lose to Stipe, he'll probably struggle to beat any of the top 10 in HW. DC said it himself, he looks at the current HW division and he can't believe he once fought in it.

Most of the uppercuts I remember DC landing were in the middle of the ring. Not against the cage. Gus just stood like a zombie and ate them despite being 6 inches taller. Didn't back up or anything. It was weird. Weird performance from him.
gus ran all fight tried his beat to keeo distance. at some point u get caught

I think he can win

here´s why: he only lost to the absolute LHW goat

besides that, he beat everybody at LHW and was an undefeated HW beating good competition. Also, his wrestling is better than stipe´s...

anyone who thinks he cannot win is blind

I love Cormier, but Stipe can knock people out moving backwards, and DC likes to press the action. Stipe has legit power. He didnt display it against Ngannou, but only because he fought a smart fight against a dangerous (albeit one dimensional) fighter. DC is a stud no doubt, but I just think Stipe is going to win this, and probably by knockout.

Everyone, and I mean everyone sleeps on Miocic. I don't get it. The guy's a killer, and he had one of the most difficult roads to the title of any UFC fighter ever. Before Ngannou, I believe he 4 straight first round KOs. DC may not be able to take his power. Jones has nowhere near the stopping power of Stipe, and he finished Cormier.

We'll see, but I think Stipe with his boxing, size and range is just too much for DC.

To me this fight is pretty lop-sided.

DC is very confident, but he was confident twice against Jones and look what happened. He has a history of thinking he is better than he actually is and he isn't getting any younger. At one point he said he and Jones might be the two greatest fighters ever? What?

I like DC, but he hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW. Or at HW for that matter.

I thought Gus fought very stupidly in their fight and he still almost won. Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus.

I don't see how DC wins. At all.
I like them both, and this fight really intrigues me. But if you really think Stipe is the better wrestler then you're a special kind of stupid....

Stipe gets hit alot. That's what I worry about. He eventually not going to be able to recover.
Fair enough but he's held up fine against hard hitting hws. DC doesn't have big power, especially at HW. He KOed the chinny Bigfoot in a pretty good win, but that's about it.

Fair enough but he's held up fine against hard hitting hws. DC doesn't have big power, especially at HW. He KOed the chinny Bigfoot in a pretty good win, but that's about it.

I think it's gonna be an early night for DC. Stipe has to know he won't out-grind Cormier and he doesn't have to worry much about anything else. He'll come out swinging and land big.

I wouldn't have DC as favorite but definitely think he can win. He's got the speed advantage, I'd assume the grappling advantage, and I think his clinch work could be a real game changer.

I think it's gonna be an early night for DC. Stipe has to know he won't out-grind Cormier and he doesn't have to worry much about anything else. He'll come out swinging and land big.

I don't see Cormier having much success pushing Stipe against the cage. Stipe is big and strong and doesn't gas. He's going to turn around and create distance. Strike from the outside and punish Cormier whenever he tries to get inside.

Stipe is a pretty good mover. And on top of that he's huge, well-rounded, and in his prime. Not to mention, coming off the biggest win of his career against a guy most thought would knock him out in the 1st round.

Stipe gameplanned his way to a decision against Ngannou (who I think is being very underrated at this point), but people are forgetting his string of KO's/TKO's prior to that.

DC has been more dominant at HW than Stipe. DC is the better wrestler, DC has the better dirty boxing, DC has a good enough chin to take some knocks and recover.

Its a close fight but no way would I give the edge to Stipe, I think DC is just gonna keep closing the distance and taking him down, or grind against the cage, he's gonna grab Stipe's neck and spam uppercuts.
this is ridiculous. look at who stipe has ko'd in the 1st round and look at who dc beat at heavyweight when he was winning decisions lol. beating nelson, bigfoot, barnett and mir isnt nearly as good as what stipe has accomplished. stipe has been flatlining much better guys. mir and nelson were past it at that point and even TRT bigfoot was still chinny and inconsistent. barnett is the best win outta those

To me this fight is pretty lop-sided.

DC is very confident, but he was confident twice against Jones and look what happened. He has a history of thinking he is better than he actually is and he isn't getting any younger. At one point he said he and Jones might be the two greatest fighters ever? What?

I like DC, but he hasn't beaten the greatest competition at LHW. Or at HW for that matter.

I thought Gus fought very stupidly in their fight and he still almost won. Stipe is bigger, a better wrestler, and a lot smarter than Gus.

I don't see how DC wins. At all.
I'd say it's more stupid to say "DC can't win" than, people who favour him to win. Guy's dominated most of his opponents, only lost to a peds user, and we've seen fights like serra v gsp1, and a 100 other upsets that are no where close to the level of DC, hell Stipe himself has already been upset by jds and Struve.

I don't see Cormier having much success pushing Stipe against the cage. Stipe is big and strong and doesn't gas. He's going to turn around and create distance. Strike from the outside and punish Cormier whenever he tries to get inside.

Stipe is a pretty good mover. And on top of that he's huge, well-rounded, and in his prime. Not to mention, coming off the biggest win of his career against a guy most thought would knock him out in the 1st round.

Stipe gameplanned his way to a decision against Ngannou (who I think is being very underrated at this point), but people are forgetting his string of KO's/TKO's prior to that.

I may have messed up my first sentence there. I was trying to say Stipe would finish DC early. You'll have to excuse me. English is my first language.

That's how I see it too. No idea where people are getting this idea DC has big power. He really never has.

I may have messed up my first sentence there. I was trying to say Stipe would finish DC early. You'll have to excuse me. English is my first language.

Yeah I wasn't disagreeing with you. But you did bring up DC's ability to grind and I just took the opportunity to respond to that sentiment, which a lot of people have brought up.

Back