People still acting like this is a real sport ... smh

You are decrying the UFC's legitimacy but saying Pride would be welcome? Pride was 10000% more about entertainment than the UFC ever has been.
Fair point.....
Pride was legit though, a hell of a lot more than this bullshit Lesnar/Comier "Entertainment".
Pride may have had a fair amount of showmanship, but ALL of their fighters were there to fight, not talk shit, refuse to fight, or look for "money fights". My point, Prime Axe Murderer vs Prime McGregor, During it's time, entertainment included, Pride was more legit than the current UFC. Pre Conor was the most legit the UFC will ever be.

I am not acting like or pretending like the UFC is like other sports it's more of a wish or a desire to see the UFC become a credible sports organization on par with the NBA, NHL and MLB. With the way things are going I doubt this will ever happen, most people don't seem to care about the circus fights and pro wrestling characters, they take it at face value and watch it for cheap entertainment.

Personally I want to see the UFC grow into a credible sports organization with more structure and solid rules regarding fight match ups, the ranking system and title shots etc. I can't help but think that the cheap entertainment factor is only going to carry the UFC so far, I want longevity for this sport and most of all I want to know what to expect as a fan. I find it incredibly frustrating when you know certain fighters are deserving of top ranked opponents or title shots but are not being given opportunities because of their lack of popularity. I would like to see a lot change with the UFC, like fighters picking and choosing opponents, severe weight cutting, interim belts... But I really think no one cares enough, everyone involved seems perfectly happy with the bullshit spectacle and cheap face value entertainment, but at some point I think things will have to change, whether its for the better or not remains to be seen.

Fair point.....
Pride was legit though, a hell of a lot more than this bullshit Lesnar/Comier "Entertainment".
Pride may have had a fair amount of showmanship, but ALL of their fighters were there to fight, not talk shit, refuse to fight, or look for "money fights". My point, Prime Axe Murderer vs Prime McGregor, During it's time, entertainment included, Pride was more legit than the current UFC. Pre Conor was the most legit the UFC will ever be.
Pride had worked shoots and mismatches galore. I am sure that del rio fighting crocop was a balanced match..........

Pride had worked shoots and mismatches galore. I am sure that del rio fighting crocop was a balanced match..........
Pride still had a shit ton more credibility, than the new UFC. That Lesnar deal, and all the fuckery with weight classes and contention is a joke. "Balanced match" ? WTF does that have to do with the joke the new UFC has become?

Back