Pereira is the biggest victim of that quick stoppage

Twice now lol.

It’s quite impressive to be honest. It shows that the referees are totally aware of who he is and what he’s capable of. The minute they see an opponent in a compromising position, it’s like they panic and think ‘oh my god, Alex might change this guy’s life’, and they dive in to save the opponent from the kill shot.

Good reffing? It actually might be.

I'm a fan of both. Tbh I thought it was a bit early. Upon re-watch, Jiri went limp. Alex punched him limp into full mount. Godard saved his brains.

Jiri went limp
Looks like he did briefly. He was also fully engaged and active when they hit the ground.

I’m not saying he would have got out. I’m not saying he would have won. I would have like to have seen it play out a bit longer that’s all. Someone mentioned the ref maybe stopping it based on knowing what Alex is about. Well, same logic can be used for giving Jiri a bit more time to see if he can make some magic happen.

Holy crap, these levels of copium are something. Are you guys ex-McGregor fans who tried to latch onto Jiri and are mad it didn't work out?

He had Jiri dizzy and mounted. Only an Alex hater can’t connect the dots to what was going to happen.
Yea because Alex is so good on the ground and we never seen Jiri recover before.

This is why fights should not be stopped until someone is twitching and no longer moving. It’s the only way to know. Jiri was about to get clobbered but Alex never got to prove it.

He had Jiri dizzy and mounted. Only an Alex hater can’t connect the dots to what was going to happen.

Alex is not some elite ground game wrestler

And Jiri was fine .99 seconds later when the stoppage was announced

But ya I guess

Glocer has Jiri in worse positions and he still survived

But to Alex credit Jiri did flair like a dead man

Jiri is all class and probably didn't want to try to taint Alex's victory. Though that fight could have went 5 or 10 more seconds.

I'm ok with the call. It was definitely fun while it lasted.

what the fuck is with this early stoppage bullshit? is it because rogan said it?

dude got dropped, dragged himself back up, only to eat 10 elbows to the side of the head, go limp and fall back onto his ass to get mounted. in what world is that an early stoppage? he gave every sign that he was out.

and more importantly, he fucking said that he was out.

i swear some of you have 2 brain cells and they're both doing their best to be as retarded as rogan.

I don’t think that word means what you think it means.

Back